Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

triggerman602
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by triggerman602 »

Your little water change has put my entire factory on damage control. Really sucks.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

etcetera wrote:I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it still seems to be decreasing at the same rate when i change the normal. I changed one ore and not the others to have a comparison but as far as I could see the rate was the same between them.
Which ores did you change and compare?

Also it is quiet possible that my understanding of the mechanic behind it is wrong :)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

triggerman602 wrote:Your little water change has put my entire factory on damage control. Really sucks.
Sry for that. You could roll back a version and reset the recipes if you want to play with the "old" recipes.

triggerman602
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triggerman602 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
triggerman602 wrote:Your little water change has put my entire factory on damage control. Really sucks.
Sry for that. You could roll back a version and reset the recipes if you want to play with the "old" recipes.

I might, although I being up to date and I already fixed most of the problem areas. You should know that changing the water like that makes GDIW pretty obsolete as the mirror recipes provided by that mod still use vanilla water. You should change those recipes too.

And btw you didn't change the water for carbon, your own nickel plate recipes from ingots and processed ore, as well as bob's coal cracking recipe.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Does your mod lack recipe for creating nitrogen dioxide?

Searching over the mods, I found that a recipe does exist for it but I didn't notice any research unlocking it and there doesn't seem to be any conversion recipe.

I'm using ZGroupChange but that one doesn't touch anything related as far as I see.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

hoho wrote:Does your mod lack recipe for creating nitrogen dioxide?

Searching over the mods, I found that a recipe does exist for it but I didn't notice any research unlocking it and there doesn't seem to be any conversion recipe.

I'm using ZGroupChange but that one doesn't touch anything related as far as I see.
Oh this sneaky little $%="/%, did it escape again? I will catch it and put it in it's nitrogen-processing-1 cage. (The recipe is there, just not in the tech, might have deleted it by accident. You can force activate it though, recipes name is gas-nitrogen-dioxide)

etcetera
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by etcetera »

Is

Code: Select all

local yield = angelsmods.ores.yield * 15
this why the rate is not changing?

edit:

I was only changing the non-rso version, not the rso-enabled version. I now see why some changes weren't occurring, but now I have a different issue. I made an exaggerated change

minimum=300,
	 normal=15000,
    maximum=60000,
to see how to ultimately tweak it, but now all my coal has a very low yield, less than 15%. Minimum yield in the config file is still 20%, so I don't know why this is happening.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

etcetera wrote:Is

this why the rate is not changing?

edit:

I was only changing the non-rso version, not the rso-enabled version. I now see why some changes weren't occurring, but now I have a different issue. I made an exaggerated change

minimum=300,
	 normal=15000,
    maximum=60000,
to see how to ultimately tweak it, but now all my coal has a very low yield, less than 15%. Minimum yield in the config file is still 20%, so I don't know why this is happening.
That's because the function I use for this is veeery simple and assumes that normal = 1500, (it multiplies percentage * 15 and then sets the outcome as minimum) so with 20% yield you have a minimum of 300. With a normal of 15000 that comes down to a minimum yield of 2%. You have to set what you did there, and change the multipliers in data.lua from 15 to 150

--Infinite ore yield change modifier

--oil yield change modifier
local oilyield = angelsmods.ores.oilyield * 15

--water yield change modifier
local fissureyield = angelsmods.ores.fissureyield * 15

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Is it intended that platinum catalyst only takes one iron plate to craft?

In the recipe it has platinum ore as the other ingredient but since it's not existing in-game, perhaps there should be an alternative ingredient? Unless I'm completely wrong, gold should have relatively similar chemical properties to platinum.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

hoho wrote:Is it intended that platinum catalyst only takes one iron plate to craft?

In the recipe it has platinum ore as the other ingredient but since it's not existing in-game, perhaps there should be an alternative ingredient? Unless I'm completely wrong, gold should have relatively similar chemical properties to platinum.
With the experience I gained from making the refining mod I set up the full definitions, table, entities, recipes and so on. And then do the changes to this to make it work with bobs and other mods. So there is stuff in there that wont be enabled in the "final" version. There is also junk in the refining mod that isn't activated yet, like platinum ore, manganese ore,... :)
And yeah I will replace it with something matching the tech level/tier.

jcranmer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jcranmer »

I don't know which thread to put this in, but something I noticed:

With the processing thread, it's not possible to make ferric chloride from processed iron ore/iron ingots. I assumed it was intended that the processed/ingot forms could replace all the ore in recipes, especially since there is a recipe to make concrete from processed iron via iron powder.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

jcranmer wrote:I don't know which thread to put this in, but something I noticed:

With the processing thread, it's not possible to make ferric chloride from processed iron ore/iron ingots. I assumed it was intended that the processed/ingot forms could replace all the ore in recipes, especially since there is a recipe to make concrete from processed iron via iron powder.
You'll want steinios' mod that fixes that: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/steinio/ ... _AnB_patch

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

So, all of these catalysts require small alien artifacts to craft, but the only small artifacts that drop are the base ones. We're not really meant to be using the bioprocessing recipes to get all of our small alien artifacts, are we?

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Timeslice wrote:So, all of these catalysts require small alien artifacts to craft, but the only small artifacts that drop are the base ones.
You can get other color small artifacts if you play with Bob's enemies mod and your evolution level is high enough.

etcetera
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by etcetera »

Arch666Angel wrote:
That's because the function I use for this is veeery simple and assumes that normal = 1500, (it multiplies percentage * 15 and then sets the outcome as minimum) so with 20% yield you have a minimum of 300. With a normal of 15000 that comes down to a minimum yield of 2%. You have to set what you did there, and change the multipliers in data.lua from 15 to 150

--Infinite ore yield change modifier

--oil yield change modifier
local oilyield = angelsmods.ores.oilyield * 15

--water yield change modifier
local fissureyield = angelsmods.ores.fissureyield * 15
The minimum yield config setting is messing it up somehow. All ore I change are now at the minimum yield (with no variation) in the starting area.

vorku
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vorku »

I noticed a couple of possible bugs with angel's refining (without bob's):

- The recipes for level 3 floatation cell / leaching plant use level 1 floatation cell / leaching plant, instead of the level 2; whereas a lever 4 crusher/sorter would use a level 3 crusher/sorter, and a level 3 crusher/sorter is based on a level 2 crusher/sorter.
- The recipes for iron/copper chunks use raw water and have no side-product, whereas the same recipes for angel's chunks would produce either sulfur or water floatation waste — this prevents to run iron/copper purification in a closed loop.

Here are a couple of patches for the issues; I've been playing with them without any problem:
https://gist.github.com/vorku/a81303ddc ... 00493349a2

Thanks for the mods ;)

Warringer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Warringer »

I just ran into a bug in Angel's Petrochem 0.1.9.

Error Util.cpp:57: Error while loading recipe prototype "sulfuric-acid-2" (recipe): Recipe sulfuric-acid-2 has invalid main product liquid-sulfuric-acid.
Modifications: bobplates › angelsrefining › angelspetrochem › marathon › ShinyBob › ZGroupChange
I've taken a look into the code, but I have no idea where the problem might be... >_>

Since the game loaded with Petrochem disabled, the problem should be in there...

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Warringer wrote:I just ran into a bug in Angel's Petrochem 0.1.9.

Error Util.cpp:57: Error while loading recipe prototype "sulfuric-acid-2" (recipe): Recipe sulfuric-acid-2 has invalid main product liquid-sulfuric-acid.
Modifications: bobplates › angelsrefining › angelspetrochem › marathon › ShinyBob › ZGroupChange
I've taken a look into the code, but I have no idea where the problem might be... >_>

Since the game loaded with Petrochem disabled, the problem should be in there...
Something might be overwriting the recipe again. Could you try and add marathon, shinybob and zgroupchange to the dependecy in petrochem info.json after each other and see if this works?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Also try disabling extra_recipes in shinybob config

Warringer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Warringer »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Warringer wrote:I just ran into a bug in Angel's Petrochem 0.1.9.

Something might be overwriting the recipe again. Could you try and add marathon, shinybob and zgroupchange to the dependecy in petrochem info.json after each other and see if this works?
Well... It appears to be a problem with Marathon. After taking a closer look, Marathon does change the recipe. Adding it to the info.json helped with that problem... >_>

Return to “Angels Mods”