Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel »

TheSAguy wrote:But what I'm saying is if I don't want to play with multi colored artifacts, and I disable them in Bob's, your mod give me the error.
What would be the difference if I replace them with multicolored apples? :D For me they are just additional items/intermediates, with the benefit that IF you use them in bobs they will tie in with them.
The other thing is that there wont be a processing mod in its current iteration anymore, I will split it up in a smelting part and a bio processing part.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

First time using your mod, so I might not yet understand everything. Are you telling me I can still craft large colored artifacts, even if the small ones are not there?

This is what I done. In Bob's Confirm, I disabled milti-colored artifacts.

Code: Select all

-- Enemies mod

-- if set to true, Enemies will drop small versions of Alien Artifacts.
bobmods.config.enemies.EnableSmallArtifacts = true

-- if set to true, New types of Alien Artifacts will drop.
bobmods.config.enemies.EnableNewArtifacts = false
So, I though, since doing that, they won't show up in your mod, but they do:

If I disable catalyst in processing config:

Code: Select all

--Enables the ore processing technology
angelsmods.processing.enableoreprocessing = true
--Enables the ore compressing technology (not implemented yet)
angelsmods.processing.enableorecompressing = false
--Enables the bio processing technology
angelsmods.processing.enablebioprocessing = true
--Enables the Catalyst Technology and Recipes
angelsmods.processing.enablecatalysts = false
I get this error:

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

So the idea was/is that you can produce the different alien artifacts and therefore the different catalysts without having them from bobmods. So you can disable artefacts in bobmods and leave them enabled in angelsprocessing. Or leave out the processing mod, the refining mod will work without it and the different coloured catalysts will be replaced with just one type of catalyst which wont require any artifacts.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Why are the yields from the two basic resources inverted if sorted instead of smelted?
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Why are the yields from the two basic resources inverted if sorted instead of smelted?
You need 3 raw ores to smelt them into 2 plates which equals 2 smeltable ores, so the conversion is 3:2
If you instead sort the ore you need 4 raw ores and gain 3 smeltable ores so the conversion is 4:3 plus the slag which has a conversion of 5:0,8.
With increasing refining the overall yield of smeltable ores is increasing, the yield for each individual smeltable ore is decreasing, the available ore type is incresing.

Basically you will get a conversion of 1 raw ore to 1 smeltable ore with the last refining step, while at the start it is 3:2

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:Why are the yields from the two basic resources inverted if sorted instead of smelted?
You need 3 raw ores to smelt them into 2 plates which equals 2 smeltable ores, so the conversion is 3:2
If you instead sort the ore you need 4 raw ores and gain 3 smeltable ores so the conversion is 4:3 plus the slag which has a conversion of 5:0,8.
With increasing refining the overall yield of smeltable ores is increasing, the yield for each individual smeltable ore is decreasing, the available ore type is incresing.

Basically you will get a conversion of 1 raw ore to 1 smeltable ore with the last refining step, while at the start it is 3:2
Sorry, I must have been unclear. Let me get the numbers. (Vanilla)

Crushed Saphrite smelts into Iron, at a 3:2 Ratio
Sorting Crushed Saphire makes 3 Copper Chunks and 1 Crushed Iron ore. Which is actually more than 3x as much copper as iron.

Crushed Stiratite smelts into Copper, 3:2 Ratio.
Sorting Crushed Stiratite makes 2 Crushed iron, 1 Purified iron, and 1 Copper Chunk. Again, around 3x as much iron as copper, inverted from expectations.

Somehow, smelting it gives you iron, while crushing it gives you mostly copper.

This seems counterintuitive, makes little sense. If you smelt it and get iron normally, then refining it should still give you mostly iron, regardless of how you do it. If after sorting it you suddenly realize that you had been smelting what was mostly copper into Iron plates, you have to take a step back and say... Where did the Iron come from?

My mental map is something like: Saphrite is composed mostly of Iron, with some copper and stone mixed in, but mostly iron. You waste a lot of it normally, but if you refine it properly, you get purer Iron and copper, and less of it is alloyed or smelted wrong. If you don't pureify it, you end up with samples which are less pure, having other materials mixed in, and you get the best yield if you get absolutely pure Iron or Copper, without any imurities weaking the metal, forcing you to use more or throw out bad plates.

Also, the higher end recipes all follow the normal direction, generally giving a higher amount of the primary ore. So I decided it was probably a bug, and you accidently swapped the recipes.

Edit:
Also, the rest of the ores all follow mainly Copper or Mainly Iron, regardless of which recipe, but with different qualities and quantities.
Although Stiritite seems to be more Iron than copper as well.. Its honestly confusing. How exactly does it work?
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:

Sorry, I must have been unclear. Let me get the numbers. (Vanilla)

Crushed Saphrite smelts into Iron, at a 3:2 Ratio
Sorting Crushed Saphire makes 3 Copper Chunks and 1 Crushed Iron ore. Which is actually more than 3x as much copper as iron.

Crushed Stiratite smelts into Copper, 3:2 Ratio.
Sorting Crushed Stiratite makes 2 Crushed iron, 1 Purified iron, and 1 Copper Chunk. Again, around 3x as much iron as copper, inverted from expectations.

Somehow, smelting it gives you iron, while crushing it gives you mostly copper.

This seems counterintuitive, makes little sense. If you smelt it and get iron normally, then refining it should still give you mostly iron, regardless of how you do it. If after sorting it you suddenly realize that you had been smelting what was mostly copper into Iron plates, you have to take a step back and say... Where did the Iron come from?

My mental map is something like: Saphrite is composed mostly of Iron, with some copper and stone mixed in, but mostly iron. You waste a lot of it normally, but if you refine it properly, you get purer Iron and copper, and less of it is alloyed or smelted wrong. If you don't pureify it, you end up with samples which are less pure, having other materials mixed in, and you get the best yield if you get absolutely pure Iron or Copper, without any imurities weaking the metal, forcing you to use more or throw out bad plates.

Also, the higher end recipes all follow the normal direction, generally giving a higher amount of the primary ore. So I decided it was probably a bug, and you accidently swapped the recipes.

Edit:
Also, the rest of the ores all follow mainly Copper or Mainly Iron, regardless of which recipe, but with different qualities and quantities.
Ah ok now I see what you are getting at and you are right in that regard, haven't really checked/playtested that to be honest. So I either need to change which start ore you can smelt directly into plates, or switch the tables of two ores.
If you are interessted and can make sense of it this is the excel sheet the thing is based on ;)
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (29.08 KiB) Viewed 6300 times

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Well....
I can't see any indicators for copper vs Iron. The coloration might be it, but it seems unlikely that you set it up so that each ore type only gives, say, purified iron, and never purified copper. So I am not sure I am reading it right.

Also since you never labeled the ores outside localization, its kinda hard to read that part too.

Ok, its readable now, yes.

I see that, yes, you made it so that each ore has a material set for each purity. At least for vanilla. Given tooltips, I suspect other mod varients might not fit in quite right.
-----
What is brown catalyst for? Nothing in vanilla?
A quick google search suggests you didn't use anything normal to name the minerals. How did you chose them?
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Well....
I can't see any indicators for copper vs Iron. The coloration might be it, but it seems unlikely that you set it up so that each ore type only gives, say, purified iron, and never purified copper. So I am not sure I am reading it right.

Also since you never labeled the ores outside localization, its kinda hard to read that part too.

Ok, its readable now, yes.

I see that, yes, you made it so that each ore has a material set for each purity. At least for vanilla. Given tooltips, I suspect other mod varients might not fit in quite right.
-----
What is brown catalyst for? Nothing in vanilla?
A quick google search suggests you didn't use anything normal to name the minerals. How did you chose them?
The description for the ores is another thing I have to change when I'm progressing with my other mods, they wont fit with different ore tables.

The raw ores are not based on real ores, there might be ores out there which have similar compositions but my thought was better make them some phantasy one then I'm free to make them any composition that fits my thoughts of balance and gameplay and that I dont have to argue about if my ores resemble real ores or not. The catalysts are just another thing to make things more complex, everything containing a catalyst is considered an advanced recipe and mid to late game content where you have to invest a little to get maximum efficiency.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Arch666Angel wrote: The description for the ores is another thing I have to change when I'm progressing with my other mods, they wont fit with different ore tables.
Yea. I really want Dynamic Localization....
The raw ores are not based on real ores, there might be ores out there which have similar compositions but my thought was better make them some phantasy one then I'm free to make them any composition that fits my thoughts of balance and gameplay and that I dont have to argue about if my ores resemble real ores or not.
Good call. I aprove. Makes things easier on everyone involved.
Was Bobmonium a reference to Bobs Mod?
The catalysts are just another thing to make things more complex, everything containing a catalyst is considered an advanced recipe and mid to late game content where you have to invest a little to get maximum efficiency.
Yea, but in cheat mode I looked at all the recipes, and can't find anything using catalyst. Is it only with other mods, and not the vanilla varient? Or did I just miss the recipe that uses it?

Oh, and heres my spreadsheet I made in around 15 minutes or so. Has a few extra Analysis thinggies, and a few comments.
Angel Ores.png
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Geez, It's like learning everything over again. All my well thought out Bob's builds are useless :)
You've put a lot of work in this! Thanks.

Found a missing text entry:

Lorico
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lorico »

There seams to be a bug with yuokis mod as i'm unable to use Saphirite(N4) nor Stiratite(F7) for youkis recipes.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Lorico wrote:There seams to be a bug with yuokis mod as i'm unable to use Saphirite(N4) nor Stiratite(F7) for youkis recipes.
You need to refine Saphirite and Stiratite to get the N4 and F7 ores. You will get them with sorting the chunks (hydrorefining, second step)

Edit: I also added advanced recipe for all the mod ores for the next version, this was suggested elsewhere.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

TheSAguy wrote:Geez, It's like learning everything over again. All my well thought out Bob's builds are useless :)

Not useless but you have to rethink them, especially how you to handle any kind of overflow you might have.

And thanks for the report, would be glad if you can give me some feedback on the gems/geode changes.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:Geez, It's like learning everything over again. All my well thought out Bob's builds are useless :)

Not useless but you have to rethink them, especially how you to handle any kind of overflow you might have.

And thanks for the report, would be glad if you can give me some feedback on the gems/geode changes.
My main problem at start is that you need to do a lot of things to ge electronic boards and filter inserters are a necessity for mass usage but require them to craft. So it'a more manual stuff to do then usuall :)
Didn't get that far so can't comment on processing mcuh - it seems it requires lots of energyfrom recipes but would need to do some math to see if it's worth it. Unless you already did it :D

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:

My main problem at start is that you need to do a lot of things to ge electronic boards and filter inserters are a necessity for mass usage but require them to craft. So it'a more manual stuff to do then usuall :)
Didn't get that far so can't comment on processing mcuh - it seems it requires lots of energyfrom recipes but would need to do some math to see if it's worth it. Unless you already did it :D
It is a challenge to get to the filter inserter and to a stable and expandable setup for refining/smelting, but there are setups and quirks you can use to have stable setups even before that. You can use some recipes to your advantage, specially with the processing mod, you can sort a mixed belt by having processing plants turn ores in processed ones for example, or smelting from a mixed belt of ore/crushed stone because the crushed stone cannot be smelted.
It is extending the early game phase and the burner phase by quiet a bit, but I don't consider this a bad thing as long as there is constantly something to do and consider, I even go so far as to think that the start is the most interesting phase, followed by setting up an ore bus :D

As I already said somewhere, the processing mod will be split into two:
-Bio processing, which will include the algae farming stuff and the alien artefact line plus more
-Smelting, which will inherit the recipes to make more of your ores plus new ways (more complex/diverse) to smelt ores into plates, or further intermediates (coil rolls, sheet metal rolls, pipes, rods,...) a preview of the recipes can be seen in the development thread

Bsaa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bsaa »

Error on load up the world
Attachments
Load up erro
Load up erro
Error.JPG (107.17 KiB) Viewed 6216 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Bsaa wrote:Error on load up the world
Should be fixed with 2.5

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

i have installed your refining and processing mods from the mod portal but get this error:
Attachments
angels fissure.png
angels fissure.png (18.55 KiB) Viewed 6202 times

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

steinio wrote:Hello,

i have installed your refining and processing mods from the mod portal but get this error:
Do you have the ore mod as well?

Return to “Angels Mods”