Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Arch666Angel »

Some early WIP for the crawler.
Attachments
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (404.61 KiB) Viewed 7411 times

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Looks like huge bus, nice
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Arch666Angel wrote:Some early WIP for the crawler.

Ohhh.. what does it will do?
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

spitfire_23
Inserter
Inserter

Post by spitfire_23 »

Am I missing something, or is Lubricant extremely difficult to produce in Angel's Petrochem? I needed to set up an entire natural gas processing pipeline to get Residual Gas, and now I'm venting a bunch of other chemicals because I need way more Residual Gas for lubricant than anything else.

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Yes yes Petrochem is very epic serious mod and u need residual gas to produce lubricant man :lol:

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

spitfire_23 wrote:Am I missing something, or is Lubricant extremely difficult to produce in Angel's Petrochem? I needed to set up an entire natural gas processing pipeline to get Residual Gas, and now I'm venting a bunch of other chemicals because I need way more Residual Gas for lubricant than anything else.
Using Angel's bio-processing mod and synthesizing propane from trees (or stone) will create plenty of residual gas without voiding the other important chemicals from natural gas processing. It's a lot smaller too.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Angel,

The uranium power mod will be using petroleum gas for its recipes. Since petroleum isn't available in petrochem, synthesis gas would be the closest equivalent.
So adding Synthesis Gas -> Petroleum Gas to the converter valve will be required to utilize his mod properly.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Light wrote:Angel,

The uranium power mod will be using petroleum gas for its recipes. Since petroleum isn't available in petrochem, synthesis gas would be the closest equivalent.
So adding Synthesis Gas -> Petroleum Gas to the converter valve will be required to utilize his mod properly.
Petroleum gas should be replaced by methane in all instances.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Light wrote:Angel,

Petroleum gas should be replaced by methane in all instances.
Oh, my bad.
Never realised it was under a different name, nor does the converter valve convert petroleum to methane so I wasn't even aware of it.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

pyanodon wrote:

It will be basically a car with a big ass trunk and a big ass roboport.
Attachments
Unbenannt2.png
Unbenannt2.png (696.08 KiB) Viewed 7290 times

Zephyrinius
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zephyrinius »

These mods are amazing; I can't believe they are free, and I'd happily pay for them.

After many hours using Bob's + Angels (including all of Angels except for bioprocessing), I have hit one major frustration: sodium hydroxide.

It seems that sodium hydroxide can only be obtained via salt water electrolysis. This requires producing 50 units of purified water for each 1 unit of sodium hydroxide. After all my base's other needs for purified water are satisfied, that means that 1 need 25 clarifiers each time I want to increase my sodium hydroxide output by 1 per second! The result of this is that sodium hydroxide is the only bottleneck left in every production chain, despite my having set up massive farms of clarifiers just to dump purified water. This seems ridiculous, since:

- Pure water should not be difficult to dispose of
- The water coming from my offshore pump should really be salt water in the first place, shouldn't it?

Have I missed something? There is a recipe to get sodium hydroxide from salt and water, but there is no way to get salt (since the Bob's recipe for salt is disabled on line 125 of prototypes/angels-petrochem-override.lua.

QuackerJ4ck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by QuackerJ4ck »

Yeah i stumbled about the same problem with the only solution to build massive dispose fields to get rid of the purified water - such a waste ;(
There really should be an option to get salt out of water to refine it - just like in Bobs.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

if your not doing a solar only game. send the water to some steam engines and make power with it

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

the problem originates from bob's mods, as there used to be way too much sodium hydroxide. the thing is that angel's mods use more than bob's mods
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Arch666Angel wrote:

Looks very strong. Love it.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

marginoferror
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Fuel balance

Post by marginoferror »

Thanks for your response!
Arch666Angel wrote: 1) Pellets should be far superior to carbon because each step is an increase in fuel value.
2) and 3) I agree that there should be an override to the solid fuel recipes in Bob revamp, that's a mod I dont have and I really should look into, because there are several other recipes added by it and also by CMH Bobs that are not on par with petrochem recipes and disrupt the balance quiet a bit. To the fuel values: Reducing the coke to 1 unit and increasing the gas requirements sounds reasonable and is what I'm thinking about.
Not clear whether "should" means "this is the way it's expected to be now" or "this is the way it will be in the future"; just in case, this is what I see now in-game, discounting electricity costs:

Currently one coal is 8 MJ.
One coal worth of crushed coal is 2x 4MJ = 8 MJ
One coal worth of coke is 2x 5MJ = 10 MJ
One coal worth of carbon is 4x 6MJ = 24 MJ (!) minus a small amount of coal for carbon dioxide
One coal worth of coke pellets is 0.4x 30MJ = 12MJ

I didn't realize the issue was that Bob's Revamp isn't accounted for in the mod at all; now that I know that I'll just remove it from my modlist =) thanks.

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

Arch666Angel wrote:
pyanodon wrote:

Suggestions:
- make it have two speeds: one slow speed for driving inside a base, and a faster speed for driving to outposts.
- somehow let it pickup a whole warehouse in one go, to move it somewhere else.
- bonus points if you can make it pickup a tank with a fluid

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EmperorZelos »

I love all these mods :D So much stuff! I recently updated and it's so much fun!

Could you add such that Nucular uranium can be processed and even made more productive through your usual means here?

ReDragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ReDragon »

How i can use the petrochem mod when i use bob's electronics?

I first can make carbon when i would be able to resacht the coal processing 1 but how i shall come so far without the basic curcuits from bob's mod?
When i remove the petrochem mod than i have salt and carbon from bob's back.
Is there a way to solve this?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

I also play with all Angel's and Bob's mods and went through the electronic production. but I don't remember how. You can use Angel's small chemical factory for that.

Maybe this mod helps you to find the recipes: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/MrDoomah ... t-used-for

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Angels Mods”