Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by lovely_santa »

The same answer still holds, the ingredients and products are correct, the ratios not so much...
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

canisdirusleidy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canisdirusleidy »

Oh, by the way. Why did Angels Petrochem make "Basic Chemistry" a prerequisite for "Mechanical Refining"?

omiwatari1_3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by omiwatari1_3 »

Hi, I am enjoying this mod very much.

I see that starting with version 0.12.3 of Angel's Refining, Water treatment 3 has moved from the orange to the blue science pack tier.

I am now in the orange tier and am having a bit of trouble because I have no means of utilizing the sodium chloride byproduct of the wastewater.
I can't say anything if the intent is to work my way up to the Blue Science Pack, but it would be nice to have some early means of using it.

null_void
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by null_void »

Hello! I've recently been reconfiguring things that changed based on the recent update. I was wondering if the following change was intended:

The crystal catalyst recipe, along with several recipes that use the crystal catalyst are unlocked at the orange science tier (see Geode Processing 2 and Advanced Ore Refining 2). However, the only recipe that exists to create crystal catalysts, as far as I can tell, requires a crystallizer 2 for production. The crystallizer 2 requires Slag Processing 2, which is a blue science tier unlock. It's not clear to me whether recipes involving crystal catalysts were intended to become blue-tier recipes, or whether the crystallizer 2 was intended to be unlocked at the orange science tier. However, given that Advanced Slag Processing 1-3 (as of the current update) requires green, blue and blue science respectively, I'm assuming that perhaps this was intended to be green, orange and blue instead?

Thanks!

Edit: For what it's worth, I'm running Angel's + Bob's with the Component and Tech overhauls enabled. I hope I haven't misunderstood which mods are responsible for which recipes.

mathhawk3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mathhawk3 »

I recently started an AB playthrough, and noticed that due to the Algae Farm 2 and Seed Extractor requiring Basic Electronic Circuits, their corresponding techs (Advanced algae processing and Garden Processing) are effectively useless before researching electronics (from Bob's Electronics Mod). I was wondering if you Electronics as a prerequisite for those 2 techs when bob's electronics is installed?

smallfly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by smallfly »

When starting factorio with angels refining mod, I get about 400 of these warnings:

Code: Select all

24.068 Warning Sprite.cpp:704: Ignoring mipmaps for sprite '__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/angels-liquid/liquid-item-bot.png', because it has mipmap count set to 4, so its size is expected to be multiple of 8. But its size is 330x330.
  24.070 Warning Sprite.cpp:704: Ignoring mipmaps for sprite '__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/angels-liquid/liquid-item-base.png', because it has mipmap count set to 4, so its size is expected to be multiple of 8. But its size is 330x330.
  24.070 Warning Sprite.cpp:704: Ignoring mipmaps for sprite '__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/angels-liquid/liquid-item-base.png', because it has mipmap count set to 4, so its size is expected to be multiple of 8. But its size is 330x330.
  24.070 Warning Sprite.cpp:704c: Ignoring mipmaps for sprite '__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/angels-liquid/liquid-item-top.png', because it has mipmap count set to 4, so its size is expected to be multiple of 8. But its size is 330x330.
  24.070 Warning Sprite.cpp:704: Ignoring mipmaps for sprite '__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/angels-liquid/liquid-item-mid.png', because it has mipmap count set to 4, so its size is expected to be multiple of 8. But its size is 330x330.
  24.070 Warning Sprite.cpp:704: Ignoring mipmaps for sprite '__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/angels-liquid/liquid-item-bot.png', because it has mipmap count set to 4, so its size is expected to be multiple of 8. But its size is 330x330.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

canisdirusleidy wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:06 pm
Oh, by the way. Why did Angels Petrochem make "Basic Chemistry" a prerequisite for "Mechanical Refining"?
We've been working on setting up more automated tests. Checking for potential issues in multiple different mod configurations. Combinations of different mods enabled and different settings. One of the tests checks for recipes that are unlocked before their ingredients.

One of the recipes unlocked by Mechanical Refining is Crushed Stone from Slag. The first source of Slag is Dirty water electrolysis - unlocked by Basic Chemistry.
MechanicalRefining.png
MechanicalRefining.png (304.23 KiB) Viewed 4051 times
BasicChemistry.png
BasicChemistry.png (300.43 KiB) Viewed 4051 times
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

omiwatari1_3 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:07 pm
Hi, I am enjoying this mod very much.

I see that starting with version 0.12.3 of Angel's Refining, Water treatment 3 has moved from the orange to the blue science pack tier.

I am now in the orange tier and am having a bit of trouble because I have no means of utilizing the sodium chloride byproduct of the wastewater.
I can't say anything if the intent is to work my way up to the Blue Science Pack, but it would be nice to have some early means of using it.
We're planning on releasing a small update soon. Water treatment 3 will be moved to Orange science.
WaterTreatment.png
WaterTreatment.png (182.52 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

null_void wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:14 pm
Hello! I've recently been reconfiguring things that changed based on the recent update. I was wondering if the following change was intended:

The crystal catalyst recipe, along with several recipes that use the crystal catalyst are unlocked at the orange science tier (see Geode Processing 2 and Advanced Ore Refining 2). However, the only recipe that exists to create crystal catalysts, as far as I can tell, requires a crystallizer 2 for production. The crystallizer 2 requires Slag Processing 2, which is a blue science tier unlock. It's not clear to me whether recipes involving crystal catalysts were intended to become blue-tier recipes, or whether the crystallizer 2 was intended to be unlocked at the orange science tier. However, given that Advanced Slag Processing 1-3 (as of the current update) requires green, blue and blue science respectively, I'm assuming that perhaps this was intended to be green, orange and blue instead?

Thanks!

Edit: For what it's worth, I'm running Angel's + Bob's with the Component and Tech overhauls enabled. I hope I haven't misunderstood which mods are responsible for which recipes.
We're planning on releasing a small update soon. Crystal catalysts will be craftable in a Crystallizer 1.
CrystalCatalyst.png
CrystalCatalyst.png (70.04 KiB) Viewed 4047 times
I'm not sure if Slag processing 2 should be Orange or not sorry. I leave most of the tech overhaul changes to the other devs in the team. I've passed on the question.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

smallfly wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:23 pm
When starting factorio with angels refining mod, I get about 400 of these warnings:

24.068 Warning Sprite.cpp:704: Ignoring mipmaps for sprite '__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/angels-liquid/liquid-item-bot.png', because it has mipmap count set to 4, so its size is expected to be multiple of 8. But its size is 330x330.
  24.070 Warning Sprite.cpp:704c: Ignoring mipmaps for sprite '__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/angels-liquid/liquid-item-top.png', because it has mipmap count set to 4, so its size is expected to be multiple of 8. But its size is 330x330.
  24.070 Warning Sprite.cpp:704: Ignoring mipmaps for sprite '__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/angels-liquid/liquid-item-mid.png', because it has mipmap count set to 4, so its size is expected to be multiple of 8. But its size is 330x330.
  24.070 Warning Sprite.cpp:704: Ignoring mipmaps for sprite '__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/angels-liquid/liquid-item-bot.png', because it has mipmap count set to 4, so its size is expected to be multiple of 8. But its size is 330x330.
I'm not seeing this sorry. Where do you see these warnings? In the log file?
Can you create a new game, save it, then upload it please? Syncing to a save file is the easiest way to get exactly the same list of enabled mods and settings.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

mathhawk3 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:32 am
I recently started an AB playthrough, and noticed that due to the Algae Farm 2 and Seed Extractor requiring Basic Electronic Circuits, their corresponding techs (Advanced algae processing and Garden Processing) are effectively useless before researching electronics (from Bob's Electronics Mod). I was wondering if you Electronics as a prerequisite for those 2 techs when bob's electronics is installed?
Angel's mods don't generally add prerequisites for building ingredients. Personally, I'd like to see this change. But for now, that's the guideline.

Buy me a coffee

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:54 am
smallfly wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:23 pm

I'm not seeing this sorry. Where do you see these warnings? In the log file?
Can you create a new game, save it, then upload it please? Syncing to a save file is the easiest way to get exactly the same list of enabled mods and settings.
The liquid robot mod is not released, currently not being developed. Just unuinstall the angels liquid robots.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

The long overdue patch release (version 1.1.2 patch 1) just got uploaded to the mod portal!

It fixed the major roadblocks of version 1.1.2 (released the 1st of january this year).

View the changelog ingame for each mod separately, or view it on github for all angels mods together.

Bjartskular
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bjartskular »

Any chance of updating the underflow / top-up valve to a 70% threshold instead of the current 80%?
Or even better, adding these thresholds as mod settings?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Bjartskular wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:18 pm
Any chance of updating the underflow / top-up valve to a 70% threshold instead of the current 80%?
What is the use-case for a global threshold of 70% and how is it substantially different from 80%? You do know that you can always set arbitrary thresholds by attaching wire to a pump, right?

j3robins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by j3robins »

Zyrconia wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:39 am
OK, I hit a bit of a snag.

I need Motors 2 and those require an ungodly amount of resin.

First of all let me start by saying that this is my favorite and most played mod pack ever. But last time I played, getting motors 2 was a bit of ****move with the crazy amount of sand that was needed in early game. Like 4 yellow belts of sand. You still need this.

But now things are much worse, since it also requires resin and I found no good way of getting resin.

Let's say you target a low amount, 4 resin/s (motors + green circuits).

This can require 40 wood/s. A huge build, with 22 seed generators. Seed generators are a limited resource. No way can you find 22 trees with an effort proportional to the value of resin and the point you need it. And if you were to go though with it, spend hours to find them, avoid bitters because thanks to the balancing, you can't kill any bitters, unless you spend hours again building ridiculous military, you still need to build a huge built to get the wood.

I don't think getting resin should take 10 hours of work.

You could try to go with raw-bio resin. But this requires 15 temperate seed generators, which is even harder to find than 22 generic seed generators.

You go with a mixed approach and expand you Farm based Ethanol solution which you probably have, for 12 seed generators. You won't get 12, but this is doable. But you end up requiring ridiculous amounts of mud and compost.

Or you can go the petrochemical way. Which kind of renders the whole BioProcessing setup redundant.

Am I missing something obvious?

If not this part of the modpack should be far more potent. At least in a way that doesn't limit you: you want 60 resin/s as soon as you hit yellow belts? Be prepared for a ridiculously huge built but it can be done.

Come to think of it, I do not know how to balance two conflicting ways of producing stuff: Bio an Petrochem. Either they are equally good and it is personal choice, or they are comparable, but one is still better or one is really bad and you wont use, unless forced, like currently in early game and then tech out of it.

As for getting resin through Petrochem, I haven't tried it yet. I'm trying to figure it out.

One way does require green metal catalysts. Which require Crotinnium chunks. For which normally you would need a train. The main reason you are trying to get resin and motors. And Rubyte chunks.

So basically the question is: what's up with the balancing in this mod. I know a post ago I was having good words for it, and early game is pretty much smoothed out, no complains (except that I had to take 3 yellow belts from the nearest Stiritite deposit for copper), but after that things are not OK.

And then there is Alien farming. Need to try that too in order to get more seed generators.

The TLDR is that the balancing is IMHO the very opposite of smooth and well paced. There should be a constant cadence of obstacles which you can soon solve, by researching key technology, and once you have that you should be able to make clear progress towards that goal.

But with the current balancing the new technology is not a solution, but like 5-10 more new problems you need to solve.

So you unlocked motors 2. Can you build them? No? You either need to explore for hours avoiding bitters you can't kill since they are so powerful by now or invest in anew branch (alien farming, which may or may not solve your problem and then yous till need to produce 3 belts of wood, which is excessive, never-mind the 4 belts of sand) or invest into petrochem and belt in ores from distant patches, outside the starting area.

Or maybe this balancing is intentional?
I just want to point out that I came to this forum two years later wondering the same thing. It really doesn't make sense to me why I would invest in bio-resin when the petrochem track seems less complicated and vastly more productive. What am I missing?

j3robins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by j3robins »

Bjartskular wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:18 pm
I've come to the conclusion that the overflow and top-up valves are not intended to be mixed. You use one or the other on a pipeline; not both. You have to wait until you unlock pumps and circuit network to get more complicated chains.

splinter137
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by splinter137 »

Hi all,

Small issue on a recent run. As part of Angels Exploration, I see that the biters and their respective evolution and expansion are off by default. I have changed the settings so they now spawn and expand, but no matter what I do, the evolution is always off.

Is their any interaction with Rampant that would cause this or am I just missing something obvious?

(First post on the forums, so sorry if it shouldn't be in this thread)

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

Hello, good sirs and sirettes!

I wonder what the exploration mod does?
Would you redirect my curiousity to the right place please?

Thanx.

marginoferror
Inserter
Inserter

Post by marginoferror »

It looks like in the latest version there's an issue where the first tier of fast accumulators requires tier 3 blocks, even though that is much further down in the tech tree. This seems to be an error, based on the pattern set by all other tiers of accumulator technology, and because high-cap and slow accumulators require only tier 2 blocks.

Return to “Angels Mods”