Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by lovely_santa »

Blu3wolf wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:52 pm
Arch666Angel wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:59 pm
In collaboration with lovely_santa
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsaddons-cab
Is it intentional that the CAB cannot use the vehicle construction/repair roboports?
yes, it is still in WIP... ideas are there... time to implement those is not...
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

The new (bugfix) update is released. You can view the complete changelog on github or ingame for each mod separate.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Where to use chrome and its products?

DanaScully
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DanaScully »

Hi, after a one-year break I started a new AngelBob run. It all went well until I set up my first ore sorting facility. As expected I got copper ore and iron ore from crushed stiratite. But I cannot smelt these ores anymore. I cannot figure out why. Is there some option I failed to enable or disable?
The Truth is out there

Cabble
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cabble »

DanaScully wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:09 pm
Hi, after a one-year break I started a new AngelBob run. It all went well until I set up my first ore sorting facility. As expected I got copper ore and iron ore from crushed stiratite. But I cannot smelt these ores anymore. I cannot figure out why. Is there some option I failed to enable or disable?
Recently I experienced the same (also after a B/A break of ~1 year). After scrolling through the update logs I found that this is on purpose to "enforce" the Angels smelting path. To be honest I don't like this change and would approach this differently.

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Started up a fresh Angel/Bobs Full Overhaul silliness game. Looking into getting green circuits going. Need liquid resin. To get liquid resin, I need Ethanol Gas. To get Ethanol gas, I need Fermentation base, to make Fermentation I need either Corn or Fruits.

Problem is that I started in a very high moisture area and the only gardens/trees I have found thus far are swamp trees/gardens. None of the available plants provide Fruits or Corn (Swamp farming one has Nuts, Beans, Leaves available)

Is my only option to range even farther until I find some Temperate/Dry gardens?

anfros
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by anfros »

StormTAG wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:49 pm
Started up a fresh Angel/Bobs Full Overhaul silliness game. Looking into getting green circuits going. Need liquid resin. To get liquid resin, I need Ethanol Gas. To get Ethanol gas, I need Fermentation base, to make Fermentation I need either Corn or Fruits.

Problem is that I started in a very high moisture area and the only gardens/trees I have found thus far are swamp trees/gardens. None of the available plants provide Fruits or Corn (Swamp farming one has Nuts, Beans, Leaves available)

Is my only option to range even farther until I find some Temperate/Dry gardens?
AFAIK yes. But I usually just give myself some gardens/trees with the console as playing with the mods take enough time as it is without adding exploration.

cackling.fiend
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cackling.fiend »

I'm currrently playing components overhaul (without technology overhaul). While trying to rush to Crawler cargo robots, I realized that I can't produce green boards needed to build them. Green electronics is researched but the recipe for the boards requires liquid resin, which is way down the tech tree below green electronics. Actually I need to research 10 more techs to get to liquid resin allowing me to actually do anything with a tech I already researched. That seems wrong to me. When I research something, I should be able to use it in some way. Also green electronics being useable that late seems weird because orange would be available just a few researches later.

Am I missing something? Or can this be considered a bug?

I'll change the recipe in my local files to use 2 solid resin instead. That's seems more appropriate to me and is available immdediately.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

cackling.fiend wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:30 pm
I'm currrently playing components overhaul (without technology overhaul). While trying to rush to Crawler cargo robots, I realized that I can't produce green boards needed to build them. Green electronics is researched but the recipe for the boards requires liquid resin, which is way down the tech tree below green electronics. Actually I need to research 10 more techs to get to liquid resin allowing me to actually do anything with a tech I already researched. That seems wrong to me. When I research something, I should be able to use it in some way. Also green electronics being useable that late seems weird because orange would be available just a few researches later.

I'll change the recipe in my local files to use 2 solid resin instead. That's seems more appropriate to me and is available immdediately.
Do you have Angel's Bioprocessing enabled too?

If yes, that's how you get resin, rubber and plastic. There is almost no reason to touch Petrochem until super late game. Until then you probably only need oil for lubricant.

If you don't have Bioprocessing, it is probably a bug...

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Hello!

Has the part related to infinite Alien life samples from Bioprocessing changed again?

I tried a setup like the attached screenshot but after enough cycles it looks like it eats all the products it outputs: the input for the farm is 30 alien life samples, while the seed extractor produces 32. I need to siphon off exactly two alien samples and feed the rest to the farm for an infinte sustainable feedback loop.

Jow do you guys produce infinte alien life samples?
gardens.png
gardens.png (3.75 MiB) Viewed 4044 times

entity279
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by entity279 »

Zyrconia wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:58 pm
cackling.fiend wrote:

If yes, that's how you get resin, rubber and plastic. There is almost no reason to touch Petrochem until super late game. Until then you probably only need oil for lubricant.

Looks like I'm having the exact exact same issue here :(. I am using the tech overhaul and of course Bioprocessing which has the recipe for ethanol .

Liquid resion needs Ethanol gas which can only be produced in an Advanced Chemical plant. But the advanced chemical plant needs science packs which are produced with green electronics

Maybe there' s a way that I can spawn a few of those advanced chemical plants in my inventory so that I can get the initial green science analyzers going?

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

entity279 wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:51 am
Zyrconia wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:58 pm
cackling.fiend wrote:

Looks like I'm having the exact exact same issue here :(. I am using the tech overhaul and of course Bioprocessing which has the recipe for ethanol .

Liquid resion needs Ethanol gas which can only be produced in an Advanced Chemical plant. But the advanced chemical plant needs science packs which are produced with green electronics

Maybe there' s a way that I can spawn a few of those advanced chemical plants in my inventory so that I can get the initial green science analyzers going?
I am producing ethanol in Chemical plant 1-4. Not in Advanced chemical plants.

It unlocks at red science, "basic chemistry 2". You need that building/tech.

There are two separate options for chemical plants in the mod options, one under bob's, that enables them (mine is false) and one in angel's that disables them (mine is off). This combination gives me the chemical plant. Weird.

You need them too.

Anyway, advanced chemical plants suck: they are slower and bigger. I never use them unless you need 3 liquid inputs.

entity279
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by entity279 »

Zyrconia wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:26 pm
I am producing ethanol in Chemical plant 1-4. Not in Advanced chemical plants.

It unlocks at red science, "basic chemistry 2". You need that building/tech.

There are two separate options for chemical plants in the mod options, one under bob's, that enables them (mine is false) and one in angel's that disables them (mine is off). This combination gives me the chemical plant. Weird.

You need them too.

Anyway, advanced chemical plants suck: they are slower and bigger. I never use them unless you need 3 liquid inputs.
correct, it works with regular chemical plants too nevermind 😳

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

OK, I took me a couple of hours of trial and error with the circuit network but I found a good solution. The circuit network doesn't like counting down at all from high number to zero, or I don't know how to use it. I would either get a system that would rise out of control, by millions in seconds, or a system that would very rapidly switch between a high and low value.

Eventually I got this one working and it produced about 4K alien life samples, this before I added a few tier 2 speed modules. It only works well if you have at least 3 inserter capacity on a stack inserter.
Attachments
gardens2.png
gardens2.png (3.98 MiB) Viewed 3941 times

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Zyrconia wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:06 am
OK, I took me a couple of hours of trial and error with the circuit network but I found a good solution. The circuit network doesn't like counting down at all from high number to zero, or I don't know how to use it. I would either get a system that would rise out of control, by millions in seconds, or a system that would very rapidly switch between a high and low value.

Eventually I got this one working and it produced about 4K alien life samples, this before I added a few tier 2 speed modules. It only works well if you have at least 3 inserter capacity on a stack inserter.
Unless I missed my mark, the farm process is 1 minute but the "convert garden into samples" process is 5 minutes. So I would expect a lot more seed generators compared to that number of farms.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

StormTAG wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:50 pm
Zyrconia wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:06 am

Unless I missed my mark, the farm process is 1 minute but the "convert garden into samples" process is 5 minutes. So I would expect a lot more seed generators compared to that number of farms.
Yes, you are correct. The farms take one garden and 30 samples and give two gardens, for a net gain of one garden, net loss 30 gardens. One minute time. The seed extractors take one garden and generate 32 samples. Net gain 2 samples. 5 minutes. Combine the two and every 5 minutes, time in which the farms sit idle, you get two extra samples.

I should add more farms but what should I feed them with?

This system is perfectly balanced, since the producer and consumer use the same amount of products. I don't know how to make a setup with multiple seed generators and what to feed them with? It would need a large amount of gardens and samples to seed it and would have a few hours long ramp up time I wager...

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Zyrconia wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:57 am
Yes, you are correct. The farms take one garden and 30 samples and give two gardens, for a net gain of one garden, net loss 30 gardens. One minute time. The seed extractors take one garden and generate 32 samples. Net gain 2 samples. 5 minutes. Combine the two and every 5 minutes, time in which the farms sit idle, you get two extra samples.

I should add more farms but what should I feed them with?

This system is perfectly balanced, since the producer and consumer use the same amount of products. I don't know how to make a setup with multiple seed generators and what to feed them with? It would need a large amount of gardens and samples to seed it and would have a few hours long ramp up time I wager...
Pretty much that. I fed all the samples back into the process until I had a decent buffer of excess gardens which siphoned off into seed extractors whose output was dedicated to the stock pile. I can then use some of those excess gardens/samples to spin up a new "generator" block if I want to expand.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

So, anybody got any real experience in big sustainable bases: how do you get liquid rubber? Bio or petrochem. I'm talking about around 300-500/s.

I mapped it out in helmod and it looks like petrochem setup is smaller, but the bio one produces it out of literally thin air. Well, actually the outputs are things like mud and watter... It also will produce a lot of solid fuel and wood that needs to be voided by generating power.

Fyacin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fyacin »

Hey, quick question. I did a little search and didn't see anything, but feel to correct me if this has already been addressed.
It looks like the stoichiometry of the haber-bosch process used to create Ammonia in this game is incorrect. The input is a 1 to 1 ratio of N2 to H2 gas, producing 100 units, (moles?), of Ammonia (NH3). The ratio should be 3 to 1 hydrogen to nitrogen. As it is now, this reaction is essentially creating 100 units of hydrogen atoms (50 units of h2 gas) out of thin air.
Consequently, the sodium cyanide process is also off stoichiometrically, with 30 units of ammonia gas producing 5 sodium cyanide and 30 hydrogen. Again, the nitrogen is fully used up (ratio to solid product is necessarily abstracted), which should result in 45 units of H2 gas, not 30.
Not a big deal, but it does mean that the production of sodium cyanide results in a net positive output of H2 as well.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

I commented on that subject, though not those reactions, a few years back. Good luck figuring out the correct search terms, though: 68408

My conclusion was that gameplay is more important than realism.

Return to “Angels Mods”