Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by mrvn »

BlueTemplar wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:56 pm
Blokus wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:59 pm
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:41 pm
And that one tree can take you very far :
I'm up to Blue Science on a single tree for power in my Seablock game
(another is making rubber for lulz,
and the last 3 are just chilling out in a chest),
and Helmod tells me that I can power like 8 Mk2 boilers with it (pre-coal pellets!).
That doesn't sound right, one tree with the starter arboretum recipes, and then processed to charcoal, gives 17.3 burner MW (gross), which is less than 5 mk1 boilers.
Ah, my bad, that might have been with Wood 2. Or I misremembered 6 for 8...
Wood 1 => Carbon is only enough for 18.54 MW (electric) worth of Mk2 Boilers, so 5.15 of them...
(with 3.4 MW spent on the production chain, and 0.18 Carbon/s = 0.65 MW (electric) = 0.18 boilers lost in the furnaces... so 5 Boilers are enough !)
My powerplant has 5 washing plants mk2, 1 brown algae farm mk2, one composter, 4 tree seed generators, 16 arboreta, iirc 19 assembler2 to make cellulose fibers, 8 assembler 2 + 1 assembler 1 for wood pellets, 2 assembler 2 for wooden bricks, 4 szeel furnaces + 1 stone furnace for coal and 10 liquifier for charcoal.This needs ~10MW to run which are provided by 3 boilers mk2 + 6 steam engines mk2. It can also power 8 boliers mk2 and 16 steam engines mk2 for 25MW of power with a minimum of overproduction.

So 1 tree == 11/4 boiler mk2.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

My processus uses CO2 from Lime cooking, which is a lot more efficient than any other (early at least?) CO2 production.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:22 pm
My processus uses CO2 from Lime cooking, which is a lot more efficient than any other (early at least?) CO2 production.
Didn't have lime when I started building this using washing plants mk1.

For me a problem would be what to do with the lime. As is I vent the Hydrogensulphide gas and clear the salt water excess. So the power plant will never stop producing power. I also have a train station for the Hydrogensulphide gas that gets filled first and produce brown algae from the salt water for other uses. But if that fills up the excess gets thrown away.

Producing lime from the washing plants would also cut down on the mud. I'm producing 2.25 mud per second and need 2 mus per second iirc. So there is some excess production capability in the washing plants. But not a lot. If you produce lime to the CO2 can you still run 4 Tree seed generators from one washing plant chain?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yeah, but lime is very shortly after IIRC ?

Yes, you get a small excess of mud still :
(I only started having issues when Temperate Farming, but by then I had mud from Geodes and from Desert Farming...)
Seablock_wood1_to_carbon_with_lime_to_CO2.png
Seablock_wood1_to_carbon_with_lime_to_CO2.png (567.57 KiB) Viewed 6704 times
(This is for 1 tree.)

As for the Lime, yeah, it did end up backing up in the warehouse (only warehouse I have!), but I need it anyway for bricks/concrete/glass...

And I moved to coal pellets (which don't require CO2) very late, because I did the math wrong, and it looked like they didn't provide any meaningful energy bonus...

RemiFlan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RemiFlan »

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:01 pm
Well, it would make sense that different plants would be good for different things.
Would have made sense if there were only 3 plants, or more than 3 things to excel at (nutrients, ferments, oil). But in the end we have 15 plants and two of them excel at everything with a large lead.
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:01 pm
(Also IIRC you can't make oil from blue algae in Angel, only in Seablock?)
Yeah, my bad.

As for CO2, isn't craft from wooden pellets better than lime?
no

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

No, IIRC it's worse than Carbon => CO2, which itself is worse than Lime => CO2.
(But lime requires quite a bit of space and furnaces, and is more complex too !)

Also, it looks like I overestimated the power needed for the chain, due to a quirk in how Helmod does the Washing chain (I overproduced somewhat-muddy water) : it's 2.9 MW spent on the production chain (without burners), not 3.4 MW... (out of 18.54 electric MW produced)

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

A few quick questions:
Regarding Angel's Refining Mod,

1. - Any reason as to why Youki mods are blocked, such as the N7 and F7 ores and such (i believe its called if it hasnt slipped my mind).
none of Youki's mod ores seems to appear on the fields. If I want to start using Youki's power, through Youki's machines it seems I cant because as soon as I have the
Angel's Refining mod installed it blocks many things in game. One out of many are Youki's ores and Bobs Gems and a bunch of others.

2. - Is there any way that you can create a second version of the (Angels refining mod) that would not clump up all the ores in game into just 3 ores.
But would still allow the usage of ALL your machines, so people can still enjoy playing with all the factories and machines from your mod?
I would love to play with all of your machines from all of your mod sets, but I would like to keep all the normal ores spawning in game.
Ore is there some settings in the mod that would allow me to do this.?
Just curiously asking.

PS: Im smiling in happy mood just expressing some concerns.
thank for reading.

brainiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by brainiac »

I haven't played with Yuoki yet but after installing I noticed these ores are integrated in the saphrite and other ores from Angels, and no longer appear on the map seperately

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

thanks for the info

RemiFlan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RemiFlan »

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:35 pm
No, IIRC it's worse than Carbon => CO2, which itself is worse than Lime => CO2.
(But lime requires quite a bit of space and furnaces, and is more complex too !)
Yeah, I use wooden pellets exactly because it takes the least space and its faster in terms of output per liquifier (also no byproducts, I like it that way more). Wood isn't really a limited resource, is it.
no

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Well actually, it is - you're limited by the amount of Angel Trees that you can find.
But my point was that they're actually quite easy to come by, and in larger numbers that you are likely to need...
(Assuming that you're not planning to do a megabase on trees alone, of course !)

Starfly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Starfly »

Hello and thank you for your mods.
I recently started a 0.17 game and what I'm missing the most right now are your early-game construction and logistic robots, as well as the crawler. If I may humbly ask you if you're working on 'em and when you plan to release them? The gap to the vanilla robots is far too big in a marathon-deadly-railroad world with your mods ;)

β™₯ Starfly

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Starfly wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:17 pm
I recently started a 0.17 game and what I'm missing the most right now are your early-game construction and logistic robots, as well as the crawler. If I may humbly ask you if you're working on 'em and when you plan to release them? The gap to the vanilla robots is far too big in a marathon-deadly-railroad world with your mods ;)

β™₯ Starfly
Glad you like them :) next up on the List is bio and then industries, but industries will probably just get a plain update to 0.17 cause the other changes are not yet ready for release and will take some extensive fixing with all the vanilla changed

AnonymousPepper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AnonymousPepper »

I'm just glad you're putting in the time on all this stuff. At this point, your full modset (plus the Madclown update that's waiting on it) is the only stuff holding me back from starting a v17 factory. It's that important to me. <3

nezrel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nezrel »

Any plans to update Ore Silos to include buffer version?

I prefer them to warehouses because of their smaller footprint.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Yeah, but lime is very shortly after IIRC ?

Yes, you get a small excess of mud still :
(I only started having issues when Temperate Farming, but by then I had mud from Geodes and from Desert Farming...)
Seablock_wood1_to_carbon_with_lime_to_CO2.png
(This is for 1 tree.)

As for the Lime, yeah, it did end up backing up in the warehouse (only warehouse I have!), but I need it anyway for bricks/concrete/glass...

And I moved to coal pellets (which don't require CO2) very late, because I did the math wrong, and it looked like they didn't provide any meaningful energy bonus...
I'm not finding the usual coal pellets recipe anymore. But that might be caused by bio industries that has coal pellets from it's own charcoal and ash.

BinaryCodex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BinaryCodex »

Arch666Angel wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:24 pm

β™₯ Starfly
Glad you like them :) next up on the List is bio and then industries, but industries will probably just get a plain update to 0.17 cause the other changes are not yet ready for release and will take some extensive fixing with all the vanilla changed
I'm excited to start a new run once Bio and Industries is out. I think the new .17 updates will make a run so much more fun. Also, I need a Crawler in my life. Too bad Industries is last. :D

Starfly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Starfly »

BinaryCodex wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:50 pm
I'm excited to start a new run once Bio and Industries is out. I think the new .17 updates will make a run so much more fun. Also, I need a Crawler in my life. Too bad Industries is last. :D
I worked around the missing crawler (and with it a early way to use construction robots due to the cheap vehicle power generation items) with the mod "portable engine". It lets you craft an engine for your modular/power armor which creates 250kw power from fuel per 2x2 block. So no need to rush to the portable fusion core to get the early few robots running. It really helped me set up my first railroad system.
As with the lack of the bioprocessing mod I finally had to use the normal way to create plastic from Oil/Naptha, which is created a lot with the first oil processing recipe. The solid fuel byproduct were happily eaten by my portable engines ;o)

So in the end the only real thing I miss are the cargo robots + stations from angel's industry. Bob's modular Roboports and the vanilla logistic robots are too expensive that early. Mom's spaghetti for now, as I'm not experienced enough with angelbob to know where I should leave space for expansion and where not - as leaving too much room would need too many belts for spaghetting... Damn I need more Iron.

BinaryCodex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BinaryCodex »

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:21 pm
BinaryCodex wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:50 pm
I worked around the missing crawler (and with it a early way to use construction robots due to the cheap vehicle power generation items) with the mod "portable engine". It lets you craft an engine for your modular/power armor which creates 250kw power from fuel per 2x2 block. So no need to rush to the portable fusion core to get the early few robots running. It really helped me set up my first railroad system.
As with the lack of the bioprocessing mod I finally had to use the normal way to create plastic from Oil/Naptha, which is created a lot with the first oil processing recipe. The solid fuel byproduct were happily eaten by my portable engines ;o)

So in the end the only real thing I miss are the cargo robots + stations from angel's industry. Bob's modular Roboports and the vanilla logistic robots are too expensive that early. Mom's spaghetti for now, as I'm not experienced enough with angelbob to know where I should leave space for expansion and where not - as leaving too much room would need too many belts for spaghetting... Damn I need more Iron.
I know there's ways around it but it's just not the same for me. I'd rather wait for the update. I'd like a proper run of Angel's. That said, I've got a good old fashioned vanilla+ while I wait. :)

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Light wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:08 pm
mexmer wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:52 pm
Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:44 pm
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:59 pm
In collaboration with lovely_santa
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsaddons-cab
:D :D :D :D :D :D !
Would it work with 0.16? Or does it use some 0.17-only code ?
i hope it will break, it's uggly
looks like some perverted vacuum cleaner.
It breaks your game when you break it. (I also thought of a twin nozzle vacuum)

Thanks for the report, it's fixed in v0.1.2

kind regards,
lovely_santa
Last edited by lovely_santa on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Return to β€œAngels Mods”