Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Trainwreck »

aklesey1 wrote: 2) I tnink there's bug in sodium sulfate recipe - 60 sodium chloride for 40 sulfuric acid in 2 seconds - may be 6 sodium chloride for 40 sulfuric acid in 2 seconds? Bcuz it too fast
This was posted a few months ago, but I never saw a reply so figured I'd bump it. The number of items used in this recipe do seem larger than usual. The sodium sulfate can be electrolyzed back to sulfur which then makes more sulfuric acid than was used to create it, this creates a cycle that allows sulfur to be created from sodium.
sodiumsulfate.png
sodiumsulfate.png (198.19 KiB) Viewed 8972 times

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

Hey Arch66Angel. I proposed this idea almost 2 years ago during 0.14 on #mod-making on the Factorio Discord.

Melt ores (the vanilla/bob's ores) with some sulfuric acid, or some other acid, to create a small amount of mineral slurry. That is all. I have 500k copper ore sitting in quite a few silos right now and I want to convert them to something else.

tux_mark_5
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tux_mark_5 »

Any ETA on Angel's Logistics? My factory still uses quite a few items from Angel's Logistics mod and I can't migrate to 0.16 because of it.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Recently I was sitting, watching through the code for the angel's refining v0.9.5 and i found commentary in code for nitric waste water - and i found by product from PetrochemPlus mod - Sodium Nitrate

Its interesting where we'll be able to use tons of Sodium Nitrate, it'll be nice to extract Sodium Hydroxide from Sodium Nitrate
Nitric Waste Water Purification
Like to dig in the files when I'm bored I hope I will not condemn
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

bigyihsuan wrote:Hey Arch66Angel. I proposed this idea almost 2 years ago during 0.14 on #mod-making on the Factorio Discord.

Melt ores (the vanilla/bob's ores) with some sulfuric acid, or some other acid, to create a small amount of mineral slurry. That is all. I have 500k copper ore sitting in quite a few silos right now and I want to convert them to something else.
yeah I read that, the point is that after giving it some thought I wouldnt integrate that as a permanent part of the mod, because if you have 500k copper in storage you did something wrong in balancing out the outputs to your needs ;) I would recommend that if you really want it you make it a mini-mod or something.
Trainwreck wrote:
aklesey1 wrote: 2) I tnink there's bug in sodium sulfate recipe - 60 sodium chloride for 40 sulfuric acid in 2 seconds - may be 6 sodium chloride for 40 sulfuric acid in 2 seconds? Bcuz it too fast
This was posted a few months ago, but I never saw a reply so figured I'd bump it. The number of items used in this recipe do seem larger than usual. The sodium sulfate can be electrolyzed back to sulfur which then makes more sulfuric acid than was used to create it, this creates a cycle that allows sulfur to be created from sodium.
sodiumsulfate.png
Fixed that
Termak wrote:You should be able to use bricks to pave the base until you get the sludge going, but if you really want to just get rid of it you can always make it into mineral water and clarify it. I dont know how slow / big you building but I had no big issues (just paving base + one silo) until i got sludge and now im actually running low on the stuff until i get the "green" boards going so i can make more sludge from thermal water.

Also @Angel i noticed you flipped the cupric and ferrous recipes around to use the similar kinds of ores for copper / iron productions, i was wondering why my sorters were stopped last night :D
Someone made a remark on if the ores had been switch and well he was right... :P But I did some other additions. I'm not sure yet if the extra chunks and crystals you have to throw in will stay, or if I will replace them with just some sort of copper/iron.
tux_mark_5 wrote:Any ETA on Angel's Logistics? My factory still uses quite a few items from Angel's Logistics mod and I can't migrate to 0.16 because of it.
At the moment logistics and components are merged because I plan to have just one mod for the overhaul section, so logistics will come with all the rest and when it's ready. Really cant give you an ETA on that.
aklesey1 wrote:Recently I was sitting, watching through the code for the angel's refining v0.9.5 and i found commentary in code for nitric waste water - and i found by product from PetrochemPlus mod - Sodium Nitrate

Its interesting where we'll be able to use tons of Sodium Nitrate, it'll be nice to extract Sodium Hydroxide from Sodium Nitrate
Nitric Waste Water Purification
Like to dig in the files when I'm bored I hope I will not condemn
There a lot of fragments and stuff in the code that I thought about adding but then decided against, either for a later use/time or disregarded altogether.

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

Arch666Angel wrote: yeah I read that, the point is that after giving it some thought I wouldnt integrate that as a permanent part of the mod, because if you have 500k copper in storage you did something wrong in balancing out the outputs to your needs ;) I would recommend that if you really want it you make it a mini-mod or something.
Yeah, mini-mod's fine.

adamcirillo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by adamcirillo »

getting a crash with bioprocessing
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(11.94 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

adamcirillo wrote:getting a crash with bioprocessing

Well you are playing with a mod combination I dont support "out-of-the-box", so my guess would be that there is eiter a conflict between some mods or that some mod makes assumption on how the 0.15 bio-processing looked like. If you provide more Infos I might be able to point you in the right direction, but the error log is not really helpful

CopperBoltwire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CopperBoltwire »

So, JUST updated from 15.39-ish to 16.9
And the only mod appearing in red is the pressurized tanks mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1254562723
I got NO clue as to what the "colour coding" means
But i take it that the tanks REQUIRES the other mod?
If not, then what am i looking at? It confuses me!

adamcirillo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by adamcirillo »

Arch666Angel wrote:
adamcirillo wrote:getting a crash with bioprocessing

Well you are playing with a mod combination I dont support "out-of-the-box", so my guess would be that there is eiter a conflict between some mods or that some mod makes assumption on how the 0.15 bio-processing looked like. If you provide more Infos I might be able to point you in the right direction, but the error log is not really helpful
Angel I've got bobs/angels and pymods I think it might be pycoal it seems to have farms that make various items in it maybe that's what bio is conflicting with.

EDIT: After disabling some mods seems like is wormmus config causing the issues not sure if its something you have to fix or wormmus has to

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Thanks for interesting update of angel's bio processing Arrch666Angel
Which plans u have for ethanol? Use it as solvent?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Just saw the bioprocessing update.

One thing gave me pause - the removal of the alien artifact recipes. Lots of stuff in Bob's still needs the artifacts (research as well as making items). Is there an alternative channel in the game for producing those, or is it lots and lots of biter bases needed now?

Thanks for the update. Will go explore after the kids are asleep.

fortuneNext
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fortuneNext »

Hi,

are there any plans for an Angel's Buffer Warehouse?

QuirkyCat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by QuirkyCat »

fortuneNext wrote:Hi,

I second that.

And logistic filter for storage warehouse?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

eformo wrote:Just saw the bioprocessing update.

One thing gave me pause - the removal of the alien artifact recipes. Lots of stuff in Bob's still needs the artifacts (research as well as making items). Is there an alternative channel in the game for producing those, or is it lots and lots of biter bases needed now?

Thanks for the update. Will go explore after the kids are asleep.
The artifact line gets enabled if you enable colored artifacts in bobs mods settings.

Yes
QuirkyCat wrote:

I second that.

And logistic filter for storage warehouse?
Filters cannot be added for chests

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

I like the new bioprocessing. The rarity of the gardens was nice for exploring incentive, but there were three issues:

1. Swamp trees appear but not their gardens
2. Seed cultivation creates 0 or 5 bio tokens, not 1.2 as shown.
3. Garden into seeds is also inconsistent and showed me this after doing one:

I feel cultivation should be available from the start given the rarity of the gardens and their 5% success rate to duplicate. Balance otherwise seems alright thus far as gardening takes a long time like the real thing. After many hours I can see the gardens starting to slowly flourish as a supplemental supply line to the main system.

ReasonX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ReasonX »

Hello Angel, thanks your for your mods.
I have one question. Fluoric water who generated by floating cells(Jivolite hydro refining) not enough for making same amount jivolite crystals in leaching plant.
So it was planned?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

ReasonX wrote:Hello Angel, thanks your for your mods.
I have one question. Fluoric water who generated by floating cells(Jivolite hydro refining) not enough for making same amount jivolite crystals in leaching plant.
So it was planned?
I cannot say, if it planned like this, but there are several ways to deal with it (unless something change, which I didnt notice yet):
- Use more chunks than crystals (usually, you dont need to convert everything to crystals or further)
- Sort for fluorite ore, if you need more.
- Slag Processing can also yield fluorite.

ReasonX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ReasonX »

jodokus31 wrote: I cannot say, if it planned like this
Its works for saphirite, stiratite and bobmonium well.

Frostfury
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Frostfury »

Hello Arch666Angel,

i have a Question. Did you Update your "Angel's Components and Tech Beta" , "Angel's Exploration Beta" and "Angel's Logistic Beta" .

Thanks for the Answer :)

Return to “Angels Mods”