Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by fractalman »

I see. I always treated ceramic filtering as better in the sense that I could save my relatively limited coal for other stuff, and never noticed that it also happened to be faster. It also takes more water as an input which means more effort spent making pipes to support an en-mass setup.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

to be fair you need to filter a lot to use the ~1200 water /s that a pipe gives you without problem. and at that point you need way more space anyway.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

ukezi wrote:to be fair you need to filter a lot to use the ~1200 water /s that a pipe gives you without problem. and at that point you need way more space anyway.
Bob's speed modules make it relatively easy to run into a piping bottlneck once you start churning out the tier-8's.

NeilN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NeilN »

Is the petroleum+chlorine plastic bar recipe detailed at http://factorio.rotol.me/pack/bobsangel ... lastic-bar still valid? I cannot find it anywhere. This is with Bob's/Angel's/Bio Industries.

Catfight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catfight »

Would it be possible for angel's bio-processing to be updated to allow you to not have alien artifact production? I'd really like to use the mod for it's wood ammonia and other production capabilities with little more than waste water, but it forces you to have artifacts which turns on a few flags in bob's mods that force their reciepts to also use artifacts. Would it be possible for an option to disable all artifacts reciepes for the bio processing mod? Thanks!

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Catfight wrote:Would it be possible for angel's bio-processing to be updated to allow you to not have alien artifact production? I'd really like to use the mod for it's wood ammonia and other production capabilities with little more than waste water, but it forces you to have artifacts which turns on a few flags in bob's mods that force their reciepts to also use artifacts. Would it be possible for an option to disable all artifacts reciepes for the bio processing mod? Thanks!
i play with aliens off and no problem with angels bio. i guess if you have problem with alien artifacts, it's probly because of some different mod.

my mod set is full bob, full angel and rso and few qol mods.

Amyclas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Amyclas »

Does anyone know how to re-enable turret creep? Once the worms get too big, it's impossible to clear by hand and I'm dozens of hours from proper tank/powerarmor production.

QuackerJ4ck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by QuackerJ4ck »

Catfight wrote:Would it be possible for angel's bio-processing to be updated to allow you to not have alien artifact production? I'd really like to use the mod for it's wood ammonia and other production capabilities with little more than waste water, but it forces you to have artifacts which turns on a few flags in bob's mods that force their reciepts to also use artifacts. Would it be possible for an option to disable all artifacts reciepes for the bio processing mod? Thanks!
I have the same problem, posted a few pages ago. Playing with Full Bob&Angel, deactivated AA on start and still bio processing is interfering the recipes.

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by solntcev »

Amyclas wrote:Does anyone know how to re-enable turret creep? Once the worms get too big, it's impossible to clear by hand and I'm dozens of hours from proper tank/powerarmor production.
Throw poison capsules on worms, Acid and Poison worms have resistance, but you can just throw more capsules from outside of their range.

strider_ani
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by strider_ani »

Hi Angel and thanks in advance for such a great mod. Loving playing with all the complex recipies.
Just would like a bit of clarification on some of the early game methods.

I was a bit unsure of making sulfuric acid at first but I managed to figure it out on my own since there are a few different processes that incorporate the sulfur that allowed me to set it up reasonably early so I could begin mining infinite ore patches. However, trying to mine Jivolite form infinite ore patches this early on is proving very difficult. I haven't checked the other ore acid requirements either besides noting they require acids other than sulfuric so I'm not sure how difficult they are to make at this point.

From what I could work out after hours of looking and searching and analysing different recipies was that the only way to make fluoride was from floating the actual Jivolite I was trying to mine in the first place. I find this very difficult to get working because Its a kind of closed loop where I need ore to make acid to mine the ore. I'm also not sure if I am going to make enough flouride to keep up with the miners even if I kick start it with some non infinite ore. In like to play with particularly large infinite ore patches because I like the challenge of initialy setting up complex systems more than I like constantly setting up different outposts when they run out. However this particular challenge has kind of disheartened me a bit as I can't figure out a solution.

Would you be able to either comment on whether I'm missing something like a tech or recipie I'm missing that I get further down the line (I'm only on green science) or if getting fluoric waste water from Jivolite floatation is the only way to do so and if this is intended.

Thanks and keep up the hard work on the mod!
Mario

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by solntcev »

strider_ani wrote:... I'm also not sure if I am going to make enough flouride to keep up with the miners even if I kick start it with some non infinite ore. ...
1. Fluorite produced by crystalizing uranium from mineral slurry
2. Cracking Acid gas produce sulfur and fluorite byproducts.

Another solution: change "enable acid overrides" in mod settings, it will remove new acids from refining, you will get sulfur waste water and all ores will require sulfuric acid.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Coal filtering has a bit of sulfur surplus now, ceramic has a sulfur loss but is faster. So ceramic filtering is not just plain better than the coal filtering. I initially only wanted to balance out crafting speed, but that it was suggested by the "think-tank" to add that.
Both methods of filtering appear to be net consumers of sulfur now. Here's a run through of one cycle of coal filtering:
Start with 1 sulfur.
Convert to sulfur dioxide gas, ratio 1:50, result 50 sulfur dioxide.
Convert to sulfuric acid, ratio 60:50, result 41.67 sulfuric acid.
Convert to slag slurry, ratio 15:50, result 138.89 slag slurry.
Slurry coal filtering, ratio 50:30, result 83.33 sulfuric waste water.
Sulfuric waste water purification, ratio 100:1, result 0.83 sulfur.

The cycle consumed 1 sulfur and only produced 0.83 sulfur, so a net loss.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Are you guys cleaning your coal with purified water? or just throwing it in furnaces to make coke?

When creating coke, one thing I always personally do is clean the coal into coke for sulfuric waste water. Because of this, I have always had a major surplus of sulfur in any playthrough to date. Especially when feeding boilers with this method. As the steam cracker now uses steam instead of water, there are always boilers to use coke toward and keep the sulfuric waste waters flowing even if you don't use steam engines.

If you're not already doing this, try adding it into your factory and hopefully that will greatly counterbalance your loss into a nice surplus instead.

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

I have a small problem with Angel's Mods.
My factorio is heavily modded mostly with Bob's mods, Factorio Extended mods, Yuoki mods and AAI mods with a bunch of single mods thrown in. in total 157 mods.
The problem i'm having is Angel's mods does not give me a Research Lab to get to in order for me to do research to be able to smelt any ores.
It seems Angel's mods prevents me from smelting any ores in a regular stone furnace, and I believe if I have this information correct, it wants me to use Angels special structures in order to
turn the ores into Ingots, then ingots into liquid and then into plates which is a problem, because I can't advance without having any copper or Iron plates.
Which is getting me into a catch-22 because of the missing research lab I can't possibly get to to unlock his buildings to process the ores and I cant process the ores without first unlocking the research. hence the catch-22.

If I cant find a solution to this catch-22, it would seem I would have no choice but to yank out all of Angels mods from the game in order for me to play it properly.
I cant even get the science pack without unlocking the research for Red and Green. science packs and I can't do the research for the science pack unlock unless I get the ores which are locked behind research.

See the confusion ?
Also the (Burner Ore Crusher) Saphirite Ore and Stiratite Crushing. It will not take any other Ores. And it says "Unknown item key" - "Item-name.angels-ore1" .

Am I doing something wrong or missing something important ? - I started the game fresh and cant advance at all, because its telling me I have to unlock researches, but I cant because I cant get to it without research lab and Plates.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Twsted wrote:Am I doing something wrong or missing something important ? - I started the game fresh and cant advance at all, because its telling me I have to unlock researches, but I cant because I cant get to it without research lab and Plates.
Yes you are. You tossed 157 mods together and expected it to simply work.

Pare the crap down to a manageable level and it will function. From your description you tossed in the mod that prevents normal smelting when Angels is around. Delete that and it may work.
Basically though it's not a problem with Angels, it's shoving everything plus the kitchen sink into the mods folder and thinking it'll work. If you can't debug the problems that arise from doing that, please refrain.

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

Ratzap wrote:
Twsted wrote: Basically though it's not a problem with Angels, it's shoving everything plus the kitchen sink into the mods folder and thinking it'll work. If you can't debug the problems that arise from doing that, please refrain.

At the current time of this response post to YOU, I {Disabled} 3 Angel's mods.

Angel's Smelting (Beta)
Angel's Smelting Extended
Angel's Smelting Patch

So IT WAS Angel's mods...... that was the problem.
And now everything works perfectly. So its not because I tossed 157 mods together.
Again, I just disabled 3 of Angel's Smelting Mods (listed above in bold) and the game opened up the Research labs and allowed me to smelt ores without any problems at all with 154 mods installed right now.
Its sad though, because I really liked the new machines that was in those 3 mods. He needs to find a way for players to be able to use earlier research and smelting. Just saying.
Last edited by Twsted on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

@Twsted
Like @Ratzap said you want to disable the Smelting Patch mod, which is not made by me, because it forces you to use the Smelting Mod exclusively.

Edit: And yes it is a problem with tossing 157 mods together, because you didn't read or care what each mod does. And again the mod responsible is not done by me.

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

Arch666Angel wrote:@Twsted
Like @Ratzap said you want to disable the Smelting Patch mod, which is not made by me, because it forces you to use the Smelting Mod exclusively.
Hi Arch,

So the patch file is not yours?....... ok didnt know that.
Ill take that out and give it a try Arch, thanks.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I think the smelting should give you a production bonus even at level 1 for all the cost it is adding. currently the progression is 1,1.5,2. I propose something like 1.25,1.5,2 or even 1.25,1.75,2,25 also I'm not that happy with the progression of crafting speeds. 1,2,3,4 would be great as that is the progression of belt speed.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Return to “Angels Mods”