Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Zyrconia »

Zyrconia wrote:I'm also worried about Crystal Catalysts. Can you produce enough to sustain all pure N:1 ores? Time to test it.
Nope, not at all.

My chunks are all backed up and the Crystal catalysts have been eaten up. So the whole system is dead and unable to produce (quartz).

So Crystal Catalysts in an isolated system are a net loss.

So I see too solutions:
1. Use chunks for iron or something and deal with the extra unwanted ores.
2. Use Bio-processing to get crystal dust and turn that into Crystal Seedlings?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I guess, washing to get some extra geodes doesn't hurt. Those can also used for mineral catalysts. Just make sure, the geodes from floatation have higher prio.

Using chunk 1:N sorting has some other advantages:
- Get higher tier ores like silver, gold and cobalt. silver is just fine for green metal catalysts in early stages.

But you need to make sure, that it feeds with lower prio and top-up the other ores like silicon and aluminium with N:1 sorting.
Most likely, zinc, nickel and cobalt will be too much. Or slag, if not processed.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

jodokus31 wrote:I guess, washing to get some extra geodes doesn't hurt. Those can also used for mineral catalysts. Just make sure, the geodes from floatation have higher prio.

Using chunk 1:N sorting has some other advantages:
- Get higher tier ores like silver, gold and cobalt. silver is just fine for green metal catalysts in early stages.

But you need to make sure, that it feeds with lower prio and top-up the other ores like silicon and aluminium with N:1 sorting.
Most likely, zinc, nickel and cobalt will be too much. Or slag, if not processed.
Thanks!

Fantastic advice! I set up a single geode crafter from washing and it unlocked my build and now it makes 480 quartz/minute. It is not properly balanced yet but I'll get to that later. Now it about time to finish white boards.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

@arch666angel can you please set smelting mod to not add recipes for metals, that are not available?

simple example is, when you only load your mods in vanilla, you still get all recipes for gold/silver/zinc etc..... although you have no source for them (since in vanilla only copper and iron can be extracted from your ores)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mexmer wrote:@arch666angel can you please set smelting mod to not add recipes for metals, that are not available?

simple example is, when you only load your mods in vanilla, you still get all recipes for gold/silver/zinc etc..... although you have no source for them (since in vanilla only copper and iron can be extracted from your ores)
Smelting does not have a vanilla mode (yet), so the simplest answer is not to use it if you play vanilla

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Arch666Angel wrote:
mexmer wrote:@arch666angel can you please set smelting mod to not add recipes for metals, that are not available?

Smelting does not have a vanilla mode (yet), so the simplest answer is not to use it if you play vanilla
vanilla was just for easier reference, there are some mods that add stuff, that is not in smelting, but also missing lot of stuff, that is part of smelting. so hiding recipes when source ore is no present ....

well, just suggestion

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Am I right in thinking that the underflow valve will only output fluid if the container on the output side is below a certain fluid level?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

eloquentJane wrote:Am I right in thinking that the underflow valve will only output fluid if the container on the output side is below a certain fluid level?
i think it's
overflow - above 80 %
underflow - bellow 20%

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

mexmer wrote:
eloquentJane wrote:Am I right in thinking that the underflow valve will only output fluid if the container on the output side is below a certain fluid level?
i think it's
overflow - above 80 %
underflow - bellow 20%
underflow is below 80%

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

to be more exact, the over flow has a flow if the input has over 80%, and the underflow has flow if the output is below a certain value, be it 80% or 20% im not sure. You want a overflow for excess production to the flare stack/ clarifier and a underflow for synthesis for stuff that is also a byproduct with negative loop. For instance purified water form water purification gets a underflow to the line coming from yellow waste treatment.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Regardless of the exact value, I'm glad it works how I thought it would. I'm using one currently for looping viscous mud water from mud liquefaction back into my mud water system with a priority over the seafloor pump; previously I would've had to use a circuit condition.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

I don't understand why Angel not simply adds a description for that valve.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

I would guess that the description was simply forgotten.

dubax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dubax »

Hey Angel, please add a description for the underflow valve. :P

Voxel Friend
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Voxel Friend »

@arch666angel, any chance you could add ore silos that will match madclown01's new ores for when it is installed?
Link : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Clowns-Extended-Minerals

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Voxel Friend wrote:@arch666angel, any chance you could add ore silos that will match madclown01's new ores for when it is installed?
Link : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Clowns-Extended-Minerals
TBH colored silos are kind of pointless, silos don't filter.

also later, when you start processing raw ores, you don't have silos for them anyways, so you use generic silos

i use only black silo, and have icon scaling enabled. so i can see, what's inside.

while it's nice eyecandy feature .... it's not needed, since it has no functional value :D

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

real nice would be a feature to recolor them like with trains. I know that the game does't support it, but that would be nice.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

ukezi wrote:real nice would be a feature to recolor them like with trains. I know that the game does't support it, but that would be nice.
actually you can set color of any ingame entity, question is, if rendering supports it on other entities than player or rolling stock (rolling stock should be any vehicle,train,vagon)

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

testing that would be cool.

Voxel Friend
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Voxel Friend »

That would be an acceptable alternative if it is possible.

Return to “Angels Mods”