Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by BlakeMW »

I'd be nice to be able to produce rubber from biorubber providing a simple route from trees to rubber without smelting resin. Rubber is used in Circuit Processing in small quantities and Science Cost Tweaker in large quantities.

Snips
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Development

Post by Snips »

Since the new update 16.51 i have been having big troubles like the mod disepiring from the instal mod section and now after i got it now everytime i try to lauch factorio with angels petrochem it says erroe missing solid lime (recipie) and i have all the mods in the dependant mods installed but still its not working

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I would like to have higher tiers of flare stacks and clearifiers. It would be nice to be able to upgrade in tier without changing the blueprint to get more flares in.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

ukezi wrote:I would like to have higher tiers of flare stacks and clearifiers. It would be nice to be able to upgrade in tier without changing the blueprint to get more flares in.
You do use speed modules in them, right? I'm always making massive blueprints with a good hundred fluid and/or gas producing buildings for just a few products and yet 2-4 flares or clarifiers with speed modules have always handled the excess materials with ease. It also helps to use pumps so the flow is always at 100% for an even faster burn in multiple flares/clarifiers with modules. It will eat up hundreds of thousands of fluid units in seconds if done right.

The days before the miracle salination plant were a bitch even with module clarifiers though. Glad those days are over.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

as I use play seablocks, I am limited in the level of modules. also the higher tier buildings are so much faster that even if they slow down with non raw productivity, a beaconed build will need lots of stacks.

ShinoHarvest
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShinoHarvest »

sugestion

large many of petro chem use steam, and you add éléctric boiler for make it but with mk upgrade / speed module éléctric boiler totaly insufisant steam ouput and not upgradable. probaly need mk lv on electric boiler for increase steam output/s and/or and special nuclear heat exanger for petrochem take low power drain for make 100~200° steam with large output/s posibility multiple mk on this exchanger for adapt steam need for module 8 speed

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

ukezi wrote:as I use play seablocks, I am limited in the level of modules. also the higher tier buildings are so much faster that even if they slow down with non raw productivity, a beaconed build will need lots of stacks.
Sounds like something the seablock mod author could implement for you, given the problem relates to that and not Angel's directly.
ShinoHarvest wrote:sugestion

large many of petro chem use steam, and you add éléctric boiler for make it but with mk upgrade / speed module éléctric boiler totaly insufisant steam ouput and not upgradable. probaly need mk lv on electric boiler for increase steam output/s and/or and special nuclear heat exanger for petrochem take low power drain for make 100~200° steam with large output/s posibility multiple mk on this exchanger for adapt steam need for module 8 speed
With what I stated earlier with my massive gas blueprints that I create, I've long since tested that steam from electric boilers is by far the worst thing to use in anything remotely moderate to large scale. The Mk2 boiler is very cheap and creates nearly double the amount of steam of an electric boiler. The Mk4 is naturally the most superior in creating steam at a fast rate and is my personal favorite in the late game to meet those heavy demands, fueled by coke pellets which seemingly last forever.

Given you're burning fuel to achieve those higher fluid units, it kind of balances out. The Mk2 electric boiler couldn't hurt, but the Mk4 boiler will still greatly outpace it which defeats the point. Bob's planning to release a Mk5 boiler which will be incredible at steam production with an even higher fuel efficiency. The big fear with electric boilers is having it be so efficient that it can create more power than it can use, but electric boilers have always been rather terrible since you likely burn more coal to power it than you would likely use to make the steam directly.

We already have higher tier steam exchangers though, but I've personally not tested using them for their steam since nuclear fuel is more valuable than simple coal/wood. I'm sure someone has tested it and can comment more about it.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

If you are looking for more efficiency, the cooling towers have a recipe to cool down steam. Interesting because in the next update bob will make all boilers create 60 steam/s with different temperatures.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Light wrote: With what I stated earlier with my massive gas blueprints that I create, I've long since tested that steam from electric boilers is by far the worst thing to use in anything remotely moderate to large scale. The Mk2 boiler is very cheap and creates nearly double the amount of steam of an electric boiler. The Mk4 is naturally the most superior in creating steam at a fast rate and is my personal favorite in the late game to meet those heavy demands, fueled by coke pellets which seemingly last forever.
My preferred steam maker is the KS Power Oil Boiler, it generates 50% more steam than a Mk1 boiler, but the big advantage is that it just consumes fuel oil / methane which is typically found in great abundance in the vicinity of steam cracking setups. It feels right to burn oil/gas byproducts to produce cracking steam.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

ukezi wrote:If you are looking for more efficiency, the cooling towers have a recipe to cool down steam. Interesting because in the next update bob will make all boilers create 60 steam/s with different temperatures.
But isn't (then) the higher efficiency of the boilers simply the higher temp? So by cooling an mk4 boiler down you are right back at mk1 levels.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

mrvn wrote:
ukezi wrote:If you are looking for more efficiency, the cooling towers have a recipe to cool down steam. Interesting because in the next update bob will make all boilers create 60 steam/s with different temperatures.
But isn't (then) the higher efficiency of the boilers simply the higher temp? So by cooling an mk4 boiler down you are right back at mk1 levels.
Yes. that's why I mention the cooling towers. high temp steam + water -> more lower temp steam. there are multiple steps of that.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Hopefully the middle train is the heavy armoured variant which also features a much larger cargo wagon for those dangerous runs into the wild to reach distant ore outposts. The extra storage capacity is a godsend for such cases and the crawler variant is pretty small for the job, hence multiple runs by them. It also would be great if they all supported Bob's equipment natively, as my trains have also run into several biter patrols but kill them before the train sustains heavy damage since I've modded them to allow Bob's equipment.

Pollution absorbing lawn tiles are nice too.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

This locomotive looks awesome, and the green tiles are also very neat :)

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

Delighted to see your mods are still under development :).

Teleclast
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Teleclast »

Wow those new trains looking cool.

I'm absolutely in love with the mods, but I wanted to mention one thing that may have been brought up by someone else before, but when placing Logistic Relay and other small variants, since they show 2x1 on hover despite only taking a 1x1 footprint it makes changing the thing behind them impossible without demolishing one or the other.

Is this intended? It just feels like it forces me to put them up top or put a medium electric pole directly behind them since it's something I'll usually never have to click.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

is it possible to have the crystal geode color put in the same order as hydro refining and geode processing. its incredibly minor issue but is a tad confusing as its kind easy to mix up the color by think the crystal slurry match the others left to right order.

RaCailum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RaCailum »

Heya Team/Angel

Love the mods! Only played through vanilla once, and started to expand it a bit to keep it enjoyable and not repetitive.

Question: Can I get Angel's Industries/Logistics things separate from the rest of the things? Industries requires a bunch of other things that I don't really want to play with, like the refining, bio processing, smelting, etc. I really just want the better logistics bots, crawler, crawler trains, and basically anything seen in this set here: viewtopic.php?f=185&t=40654

To get it I had to download INDUSTRIES with all the dependencies and research/buildings I didn't want. I see the LOGISTICS mod "viewtopic.php?f=185&t=40654" but when I try to grab it from the 'Install mods' tool in game it doesn't have a version number.

I tried to download LOGISTICS right off the site + Components, but they are not comparable with 0.16

//edit// I found the 0.16 of LOGISTICS+COMPONENTS here in the comments: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelslog ... 1024d772e5

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

I noticed that when I set the deconstruction planner to 'whitelist' and 'trees/rocks only', then desert trees and swamp gardens and such are included, but 'crystal rocks' are not. That seems a bit inconsistent to me, and I would personally prefer if crystal rocks were also included in this filter. Can that be done?

Thanks!

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Any chance the pressure tanks mod can be changed to not depend on anything else? Currently, they require angelspetrochem.

Return to “Angels Mods”