Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Hellatze »

do you guys think bio plastic useless ?

i think oil will solve all problem.

bio plstic use a lot of resource and land for creating few plastic.

and they require blue catalyst.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

the problem is that synthese form green alge is better.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Hellatze wrote:do you guys think bio plastic useless ?

i think oil will solve all problem.

bio plstic use a lot of resource and land for creating few plastic.

and they require blue catalyst.
Acetone is created by nutrient pulp which requires no catalyst at all.

But when quickly running the two methods of bio-processing for two cycles I get this result:
Raw Wood Cultivation: 104 raw wood from arboretums into propene = 40 plastic
Swamp Tree Recipe: 8 raw bio plastic + 20 raw wood = 10 plastic

So yes, there is a major imbalance between the two already. This is even worse when you consider that residual gas is provided for free via steam cracking into propene and you only need the raw wood instead of a complex chain to get started.

It's not difficult to create a few arboretums to supply hundreds of wood that convert into hundreds of plastic bars, then later having plastic 2 with naphtha fueling the supply line with even more plastic. It's kind of funny how plastic is by far the easiest thing to create with Angel's compared to the vanilla version; Although, Bob's most certainly uses far more of it so I won't cry foul.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I might not be answering to each and any post in here, but I read them all. And yes ratios and balance are probably off for these recipes and chains, I will do a big balancing pass when I finished adding stuff to bio, question is then either to buff the new polymer chains or nerf the old ones. That's also a matter of how much consumption there will be with industries later on.

dubax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dubax »

question is then either to buff the new polymer chains or nerf the old ones.
I would personally vote to buff the new ones, since the old ones already seemed fairly balanced (before the new ones came out).

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

dubax wrote:
I would personally vote to buff the new ones, since the old ones already seemed fairly balanced (before the new ones came out).
I agree with this assessment. Nerfing the plastic production methods that've been in petrochem for a while would make them impractical - it'd ultimately mean far more machines and far greater power consumption for the same amount of plastic, resulting in even the most efficient plastic production methods becoming comparable to the old metallurgy balance (from back when it required something like five times as many machines as it does now to get any reasonable rate of production).

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

septemberWaves wrote:
dubax wrote:
I agree with this assessment. Nerfing the plastic production methods that've been in petrochem for a while would make them impractical - it'd ultimately mean far more machines and far greater power consumption for the same amount of plastic, resulting in even the most efficient plastic production methods becoming comparable to the old metallurgy balance (from back when it required something like five times as many machines as it does now to get any reasonable rate of production).
That would only have impact on everything bio, so the conversion rate from cellulose to methane would be one key component to tweak and the rate at which raw plastic/resin is produced.

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Did sulfuric acid chain recipes change recently? Like a couple of weeks? My megabase suddenly became sulfuric acid starved when I changed to a better computer and downloaded all the recent mods. Very hard to restart the chain atm

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

johnnyBgoode wrote:Did sulfuric acid chain recipes change recently? Like a couple of weeks? My megabase suddenly became sulfuric acid starved when I changed to a better computer and downloaded all the recent mods. Very hard to restart the chain atm
I did a balancing pass on sulfur, that mostly involved eliminating the error that you got sulfur from nothing by cycling sodium sulfate.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

This subforum is unnaturally quiet compared to a while ago when there were a dozen posts a day. Feels odd.

Anyhow, has anyone ever created a script for Angel's crawler vehicle and trains to accept Bob's vehicle equipment? They're far inferior to Bob's vehicles without them. I know the fix someone made for 0.16 accepted them so I know it's possible someone did it already.

I'd appreciate if someone could share it.

Edit: Figured it out eventually. Also fixed how petrochemical trains weren't showing on the map.
Last edited by Light on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raywell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Raywell »

Hi,
First time poster, long time lurker, I can't help but wonder about some inconsistencies in Angel's metallurgy casting - why Sheet coil casting ( which is a wonderful concept ) is only available for a couple of plates ? Especially for brass, when there is a full tier of machines requiring aluminium plates (which are done from sheets, wonderful) BUT also BRASS gears & pipes : this tier requires way more brass than aluminium, but brass is not available as sheet coil ? Why is it so ?
I'm sadly looking at my plates bus next to a single belt of sheet coils and hoping that someday everything becomes a sheet coil. Should I throw my hopes away ?

PS : Congrats for an awesome set of mods which I can't stop to enjoy !

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Where can I find the changelog for angels refining? the one on the mod page is outdated.
Edit: Found it:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version: 0.9.12
Date: N/A
Changes:
- added descriptions and localizations
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version: 0.9.11
Changes:
- increased waste water output from filtering (coal 30 -> 40, ceramic 10 -> 20)
- decreased iron output for sorting jivolite chunks in vanilla mode
Bugfixes:
- fixed geode-washing recipe not producing the amounts it should've been
- fixed missing override for map-gen-presets
Version: 0.9.10
Changes:
- buffed washing recipe chain
- added description for Seafloor Pump
Bugfixes:
- fixed Seafloor Pump being placeable everywhere
Version: 0.9.9
Changes:
- added ingame changelog re-fromating the old changelog (thanks to vas for the hint and Warrie for reformating them)
- adjusted geodes to be in the same order in the item as well as in the crafting menu
Bugfixes:
- fixed missing output for leaching plant

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

Light wrote:This subforum is unnaturally quiet compared to a while ago when there were a dozen posts a day. Feels odd.

Anyhow, has anyone ever created a script for Angel's crawler vehicle and trains to accept Bob's vehicle equipment? They're far inferior to Bob's vehicles without them. I know the fix someone made for 0.16 accepted them so I know it's possible someone did it already.

Edit: Figured it out eventually. Also fixed how petrochemical trains weren't showing on the map.
has this been shared with the rest of the class? im considering diving into fixing the mess that is Yuoki's trains...

tensaigan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tensaigan »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:Where can I find the changelog for angels refining? the one on the mod page is outdated.
Edit: Found it:
Version: 0.9.12
Changes:
- added descriptions and localizations
Version: 0.9.11
Changes:
- increased waste water output from filtering (coal 30 -> 40, ceramic 10 -> 20)
- decreased iron output for sorting jivolite chunks in vanilla mode
Bugfixes:
- fixed geode-washing recipe not producing the amounts it should've been
- fixed missing override for map-gen-presets
Version: 0.9.10
Changes:
- buffed washing recipe chain
- added description for Seafloor Pump
Bugfixes:
- fixed Seafloor Pump being placeable everywhere
Version: 0.9.9
Changes:
- added ingame changelog re-fromating the old changelog (thanks to vas for the hint and Warrie for reformating them)
- adjusted geodes to be in the same order in the item as well as in the crafting menu
Bugfixes:
- fixed missing output for leaching plant
Angel added a changelog in the mod section ingame a couple of patches ago. Just select Angel's Refining and you should see the changelog button

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

pezzawinkle wrote:
Light wrote:This subforum is unnaturally quiet compared to a while ago when there were a dozen posts a day. Feels odd.

has this been shared with the rest of the class? im considering diving into fixing the mess that is Yuoki's trains...
All I really did was find out what Bob classified his equipment under and added them to the vehicle entities. Then the removal of the "not-on-map" flag which was in the petrochemical train mod for some reason.

I'll provide the list I made to save you some time, but the vehicle category covers mostly everything you need unless you need to get specific.

Code: Select all

"vehicle" - Shield/Power/Battery/Laser Defense
"armoured-vehicle" - Plasma Cannon
"car" or "tank" or "cargo-wagon" - Roboport
"car" or "tank" or "locomotive" - Overdrive Engine
If there's one thing I didn't figure out it's why I can't get the petrochemical trains to accept equipment despite being properly configured for it. I'm too afraid to send them to biter infested areas without any shield capability so they kind of sit back until I can find what's wrong with it. Hopefully your Youki trains won't have that issue.

Dreadlord
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dreadlord »

So, Bobingabout decided to smite Electrum altogether & Angels Smelting refuses to load :D

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

tensaigan wrote: Angel added a changelog in the mod section ingame a couple of patches ago. Just select Angel's Refining and you should see the changelog button
for that I need to download the mod first.

Trblz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trblz »

I've just started to work with Angels & Bobs mods, here are two things i've noticed:

Under Startup settings > Mods > Angel's Industries I see two unknown keys: angels-enable-industries and angels-enable-tech without mouse-over description - what do they do?
In the game in the crafting menu - i also see item-group.name.bio-processing:alien
My Mod list: Necormant co-author

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Trblz wrote:I've just started to work with Angels & Bobs mods, here are two things i've noticed:

Under Startup settings > Mods > Angel's Industries I see two unknown keys: angels-enable-industries and angels-enable-tech without mouse-over description - what do they do?
In the game in the crafting menu - i also see item-group.name.bio-processing:alien
Alpha/beta stuff, Angel is still developing industries pretty heavily.

Trblz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trblz »

Thanks for confirming that!
My Mod list: Necormant co-author

Return to “Angels Mods”