Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base] Angels Refining and Angels Processing

Post by Arch666Angel »

What you could try is grabbing the newest RSO build 1.5.3, the new version of angelsrefining I will upload tomorrow and regenerate the resources with the console command RSO provides, but you will have to rebuild everything that is depending on ores then, because everything will go through the refining mod then. I suggest that you try that in singleplayer first and get a glimpse of the work you would have to do ;)

The thing is that I only really replace all the ores from bobmods, everything else I have at the moment will tie in with the rest of bobmods. There are different tiers for the refining buildings (MK1 - MK3) and the ore sorter (MK1 - MK4), the only buildings without upgrade currently are the filter, crystallizer and the thermal-extractor. The only issue with bobs mining tiers and my ores is the yield on the infinite ones, which might still be too high and a question of balancing, I did already lower it when playing with bobs compared to vanilla, but I have the feeling that this might still be not enough.
The thermal extractor only goes on a special resource patch, similar to oil, which will provide another refining/processing chain for the products you would get from regular water in bobs.

You can expect something similar with the processing mod, which will focus on the matter of turning one intermediate into another, or increasing the yield, that's why I splitted the mods in two.

kingoftheinternet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kingoftheinternet »

Tried adding the refining mod, along with the newest RSO (1.5.4). On startup I get:
Error in assignID, resource-category with name 'angels-fissure' does not exist.
I see that the thermal extractor has `resource_categories = {"angels-fissure"}`, and it looks like RSO does mention "angels-fissure" when it's loading its Angel's Ores config, but I'm not sure what's trying to do what in which order to make this not succeed.

Edit: Ohh, I had an old version of Angel's Ores, "angelsores_0.12.3" rather than "angelsinfiniteores_0.1.3". If anyone else sees that error message then do that.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

It might be confusing with the renaming and changed versioning, but I do give the whole thing a structure while doing it. But I hope that there is enough framework now that I don't have to changed something radical. There might still be split off mods, because I decided to extend on one or the other process but that shouldn't be a problem.

---
Updated angelsrefining to 0.1.2
-fixed tier 1 ore mixing results to 4 instead of 3
-cut the time for all the sorting recipes in half
-added final version of the thermal-extractor
-updated the icons for alien artifacts and catalysts
-fixed an error with the vanilla sorting recipes crafting categories
-added oil-processing as a requirement to the hydro-refining technology
-changed the cost of ore-refining and advanced-ore-processing-4 technology from requiring science-pack-4 to alien-science-packs
-added basic catalyst as ingredient to the tier 4 refining (crystal to purified)
-added support for nucular mod and its uranium ore to angelsinfiniteores and angelsrefining

Updated angelsprocessing to 0.1.2
-Ore Processing: changed the ore-processing gfx to a placeholder of the right size
-Bio Processing: changed the paste recipe ingredient from chlor-methane to sodium-hydroxide
-Bio Processing: removed chlor-methane recipe

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

There seems to be a number mix-up in the new version of Angels Processing. Iron Ore to Processed Iron Ore takes 12 seconds and yields 4 instead of taking 4 seconds and yielding 12.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Pandemoneus wrote:There seems to be a number mix-up in the new version of Angels Processing. Iron Ore to Processed Iron Ore takes 12 seconds and yields 4 instead of taking 4 seconds and yielding 12.
Thanks for the report. Fixed it and brought the recipes in line with the refining mod. Ore to processed is now 4->5 in 2 seconds and processed to ingot is now 10->12 in 6 seconds. Blast furnaces will probably change to burner types in the future since that makes more sense and the processing plant might become smaller, considering changing it from 7x7 to 5x5.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Another thing I noticed: Rubyte Chunks Processing takes Jivolite chunks. Doesn't look right to me. ;)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

If it is still named chunk processing you have an older version of the refining mod :D

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Arch666Angel wrote:If it is still named chunk processing you have an older version of the refining mod :D
Updated to the new version, still the same issue. Rubyte Chunks Sorting takes Jivolite chunks instead of Rubyte chunks.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

try /c game.force.reset_recipes() in console

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Arch666Angel wrote:try /c game.force.reset_recipes() in console
I did, but it is still the same. Is that problem related to your interaction with uranium ore (Nucular)? I also noticed that Rubyte Crystals Storting and Purified Rubyte Sorting both take Jivolite.
Last edited by Pandemoneus on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Since you're still in beta phase, a couple of issues. It doesn't work with RSO for some reason for me it comes up with some errors that says the ores can't be spawned with RSO and that iron ore, two it only spawns coal in the starting area.

And if you're taking suggestions, I have one to add a little more complexity. Make every "ore" on the map resemble stone, but be different kinds of stone and when you mine it, it has a chance of being one of the five ores plus stone. It would be a little more realistic than just knowing whatever is in an area by just looking. You would know something is there, but not exactly what is there.

Also another suggestion to add more complexity, maybe take some of the stuff from the hardcrafting mod, like gravel, and dirt (including dirt as a pathway that slows vehicles) to the resources you mine from a deposit?

Anyway I just started a playthrough with the mod and it looks like a lot of fun as it is.

As an aside, gems spawn from each ore correct?
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

diongham wrote:Since you're still in beta phase, a couple of issues. It doesn't work with RSO for some reason for me it comes up with some errors that says the ores can't be spawned with RSO and that iron ore, two it only spawns coal in the starting area.
I had problems with errors when using infinite ores and refining mod without processing. Not sure if they were limited to using also RSO and bob's mods with them or not.
If you get all 3 mods and latest RSO all should work properly. Same with adding bob's mods there.
If it won't work then please post more details.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

orzelek wrote:
diongham wrote:Since you're still in beta phase, a couple of issues. It doesn't work with RSO for some reason for me it comes up with some errors that says the ores can't be spawned with RSO and that iron ore, two it only spawns coal in the starting area.
I had problems with errors when using infinite ores and refining mod without processing. Not sure if they were limited to using also RSO and bob's mods with them or not.
If you get all 3 mods and latest RSO all should work properly. Same with adding bob's mods there.
yeah that was my bad - I hadn't updated the latest version of RSO, but the ores still don't spawn in the starting area without RSO
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

diongham wrote:
orzelek wrote:
yeah that was my bad - I hadn't updated the latest version of RSO, but the ores still don't spawn in the starting area without RSO
You mean fluorite/uraninite?
RSO guarantees those - original noise layer doesn't.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Pandemoneus wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:try /c game.force.reset_recipes() in console
I did, but it is still the same. Is that problem related to your interaction with uranium ore (Nucular)? I also noticed that Rubyte Crystals Storting and Purified Rubyte Sorting both take Jivolite.
Good call there, that might be really the issue, all the mod integration works via table replace/insert into the base recipes for the angelsores. Will look into it tomorrow and upload a fixed version.
diongham wrote: Since you're still in beta phase, a couple of issues. It doesn't work with RSO for some reason for me it comes up with some errors that says the ores can't be spawned with RSO and that iron ore, two it only spawns coal in the starting area.

And if you're taking suggestions, I have one to add a little more complexity. Make every "ore" on the map resemble stone, but be different kinds of stone and when you mine it, it has a chance of being one of the five ores plus stone. It would be a little more realistic than just knowing whatever is in an area by just looking. You would know something is there, but not exactly what is there.

Also another suggestion to add more complexity, maybe take some of the stuff from the hardcrafting mod, like gravel, and dirt (including dirt as a pathway that slows vehicles) to the resources you mine from a deposit?

Anyway I just started a playthrough with the mod and it looks like a lot of fun as it is.

As an aside, gems spawn from each ore correct?
The not spawning of ores and error message is related due to an older release of RSO. The spawn definitions for the infinite ores are basically the same as for the regular ores, so if a mod wont spawn ores in the start area, my mod wont change that.

Because you mentioned hardcrafting, there are some reasons I decided against having multiple outputs on a miner: Its a cool mod, but that's one thing I really don't like in hardcrafting. Secondly I don't want to copy hardcrafting, sure I'm grabbing ideas left and right if I like them or think that they will fit with the overall feel I want, but that the point I want it (the mod) to have its own feel. Nevertheless I'm always open to discussion and ideas, the only way to get the feel if something works right or not. Another point is that I'm more focused and centered around bobmods, the vanilla integration for the refining and processing is more like a plus.
What I did add to have some more byproducts and mixtures are the advanced recipes, which allow you to have more control over the output, at the cost of a higher logistical complexity and the catalysts which are used in the higher tiers of refining/sorting. So you have to make choices which way you choose to produce a certain ore.

Yes you get the gems or gem-ore depending on your bobconfig settings after/in the second refining step, from the floatation cell.

Speadge
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Speadge »

Hey Angel,

using newest processing (0.1.3) without refing leads to Startup error "Technology ore-crushing does not exist"

mea culpa?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Speadge wrote:Hey Angel,

using newest processing (0.1.3) without refing leads to Startup error "Technology ore-crushing does not exist"

mea culpa?
"Should be fixed" :D

Processing version 0.1.4 up

Speadge
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Speadge »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Speadge wrote:Hey Angel,

mea culpa?
"Should be fixed" :D

Processing version 0.1.4 up
dont want to bother u, but the link doesnt seem right

github.com/Arch666Angel/angelsprocessing/releases/download/0.1.4/angelsprocessing_0.1.3.zip
i hate 404s ;)

i felt free to try
github.com/Arch666Angel/angelsprocessing/releases/download/0.1.4/angelsprocessing_0.1.4.zip
which seems to work fine now.

thank you very much!

Guest_4544
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Guest_4544 »

Hey angle you could add this for the processing mod.

YYYY-MM-DD_angelsprocessing_version.json or
2016-04-19_angelsprocessing_1.4.json

Code: Select all

{
  "item":
  [
    ["processed-iron-ore", "iron-processed"],
    ["processed-copper-ore", "copper-processed"]
  ] 
}
Is the Ore Processing Plant graphic changes temporary? The 0.1.2 version looked nice.

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Error in assignID, resource-category with name 'angels-fissure' does not exist.

I got this error using Angel Refining 0.1.2 and Angel processing 0.1.4. I am using RSO mod 1.5.4.

Return to “Angels Mods”