Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Ober3550
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Ober3550 »

Angels. Have you considered rather than adding concrete and reinforced concrete instead just changing the recipes in vanilla to be yours and convert all the machines that require these to require the vanilla versions? I find this would be a good fix to when placing down the various concrete they turn into the vanilla ones.

Azarhiel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Azarhiel »

Hi here,
Fresh install of Factorio 0.16.51 with Angel's Refining, Smelting and Petrochem and magic happens...

Not sure what is going on here because have another pack installed with the same versions of the mods (and a ton of others) and it just works...

My intent was to bing up a modpack for me with Pyannodons and Angel with no Bob's included but this causes multiple sacle of errors, tuned down to this one.

makapse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by makapse »

I just came back to factorio after some months and I was wondering if the free manganese from water chain was phased out? I am unable to locate it if it is still possible

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

makapse wrote:I just came back to factorio after some months and I was wondering if the free manganese from water chain was phased out? I am unable to locate it if it is still possible
that is gone. The way to go is now geodes from the seafloor pump chain.

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

makapse wrote:I just came back to factorio after some months and I was wondering if the free manganese from water chain was phased out? I am unable to locate it if it is still possible
Consider using the crushed saphrite/jivolite/rubyte combined sorting to get equal amounts of iron and manganese. No catalyst required either. The same concept applies for copper & tin.

Frost
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Frost »

Rue99 wrote:
Consider using the crushed saphrite/jivolite/rubyte combined sorting to get equal amounts of iron and manganese. No catalyst required either. The same concept applies for copper & tin.
Or add Madclown ores and get pure manganese.

waabsheshi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by waabsheshi »

Would it be possible to get a recipe to produce CO2 from coke? That would be quite realistic and help clean up a lot of spaghetti by not having to belt coal around to nearly as many places (which often also need coke).

RaCailum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RaCailum »

I really want to keep it to default vanilla ores but still use LOGISTICS because I love the robots and trains. If I try to disable Angels Refining it will cut off the Angels Logistics mods because Ores is a dependent of Components and Tech which is a dependent for Logistics. I tried to disable all Angel/Bob related ore things while generating a new map but that wasn't enough.

Suggestions?

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

RaCailum wrote:I really want to keep it to default vanilla ores but still use LOGISTICS because I love the robots and trains. If I try to disable Angels Refining it will cut off the Angels Logistics mods because Ores is a dependent of Components and Tech which is a dependent for Logistics. I tried to disable all Angel/Bob related ore things while generating a new map but that wasn't enough.

Suggestions?
I investigated the mod and Angel's Industries looks like a really big mod with most of it disabled. It is probably not done yet.

So that's the reason you can't easily isolate it.

One solution I see is to adapt the old Angel Logistics mod to vanilla.

petrobi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by petrobi »

Hi "Arch666Angel"
I would like to ask you for you agreement.

I am preparing "Real_world_mod" for Factorio (latest version). I want to avoid incompatibility with loading many 'BIG' mods together (as we can see in Angels and Bobs mod - same technology are useless or doubled), so i decided create totaly new mod folder with the best technology (i would like to use your graphics and graphics from Bobs mods as well - i mean buildings, materials (icons), only models ("entity" and .png files) as is (without graphics changes).

This mod (should) include also my recipes and items:
1) Menu - icons are sorted together with vanilla factorio (no vanilla menu and Angels and Bobs menu separate)
2) Real ores (Hematite, bornite, sfalrite - real world ores, sorting and using)
3) Nuclear laboratory and uranium and thorium new processing, new fluids, new chemicals
4) New types of nuclear reactor (fuel - uranium, plutonium, fusion)
5) Some new electricity (solar panel MK4 with using termoelectric generator etc.)
6) Some new electronic (sollar cells, optics, magnets, heaters for el. furnaces)
7) Ore crusher, simple distilers for using only pure water from see water, liquification laboratory (liquid helium...)
8) Fusion reaction components (deuterium, tritium, helium...)
9) Milling tools, filters
10) Re-write module system (to module 8 only)
11) Gems are sorted in "sorter" and they are using for minerals extraction: diamond->milling tools, hand tool, Emerald-> berillium (neutron reflector, deflector for many nuclear reaction and bombs)…

Other recipes and items I will prepare later.
These technologies are completed done and fully function on my computer only (it was spent about 6 months)

Therefore i would like to ask you about your agree with using your models as is - (files (above mentioned) copied to my folder).
I will take some months to completed this mod (i am waiting for 0.17 and update) and if you will have a time or participate, I will be glad.
Of course, if you will agree, your name will be write like a co-author in "info.json" file together with "bobingabout" as well.

Thank you very much for understading

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I dont care about the code but I have to say no for the gfx, that's what I tell all people asking this same question and this will stay. I put a lot of time in making the models and gfx and I want them to stay inside my mods.

petrobi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by petrobi »

OK, I know you spend lot of time making models. Thanks for answer. Your models are perfect !

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

Hey guys i just realize something really annoying ...
Copper ore and iron ore can be able to stack by 50 but all the others ore are stacked by 200...
So it makes a huge trouble of size for warehouse (see pic) because we can stock 4 times less
Could you be able to change on your mod ?
ores.PNG
ores.PNG (263.48 KiB) Viewed 6914 times
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Redstylt wrote:Hey guys i just realize something really annoying ...
Copper ore and iron ore can be able to stack by 50 but all the others ore are stacked by 200...
So it makes a huge trouble of size for warehouse (see pic) because we can stock 4 times less
ores.PNG
You have a mod installed that changes that cause it is 200 in Vanilla and 200 in my AB game, too.

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
ores.PNG
You have a mod installed that changes that cause it is 200 in Vanilla and 200 in my AB game, too.
But the mods affect this it's only "Default game - Angel's smelteing" .... (the inscription in yellow)
What could be else ?
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

Grize
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Grize »

hi
First of all Thank you for a Great Mod Pack.
But Tdoday i would load Factorio and i have search for upgradet mods...after that i become an error by Loading: -- angelspetrochem--/data-final-fixes,lua:1: ...gelspetrochem__/prototypes/Petrochem-gloabal-override.lua:124:attempt to index field 'solid-resin-2' (a nil value).
Somebody in the mods forum has look at the lua ... and have found the problem
thank you Grize

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
ores.PNG
Vanilla is 50...

Grize
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Grize »

hi again,
after updating the new version the next error occour. I play with SeaBlock-mods and after the first deaktivation of mods i aktivatet one by one...the last i aktivatet whas the seablock itself an the message say: file not found: __angelspetrochem__/graphics/icons/solid-resin-1.png
mods to deaktivate:
-seablock
-bobelectronics
-bobplates

must i wait till sea block has make his update or is it a error by the petrochem-mod?

DarkNova
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DarkNova »

I noticed that in my case somehow 2 different fiberglass plates are available
Screenshot: Image and this Image
But I found the icon at Bob electronics in the icon directory: Image

So I'm just a bit confused
sry for error this is translate with google and sry for the image fail

Ober3550
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ober3550 »

This may be an odd request. But could you make the angels ore override for angels refining a mod setting rather than a forced configuration. I'm asking because I've made a modpack that includes both ore generation types between bobs and angels in order to make early game easier but end game harder because it forces the player to use the angels infinite ore and angels processing. The way I got around it currently is I just removed that file from the mod.

Return to “Angels Mods”