Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by ukezi »

I think the brown alge->wooden boards chain is way to weak compared to the green alge+chlorine chain. I would at least multiply the output by 20. with brown alge-> 2 wooden boards/s you need 40 assemblers MK1, 11.25 brown alge farms, 20 green alge farms and the stuff to supply it. having a power drain of over 16MW. In comparison for 2 wooden boards/s with the chlorine chain, you need 1 assembler MK1, 0.54 Mk2, 1.66 alge Farms and 0.25 electrolyser.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

For nearly all buildings the higher tires consume less electricity than building more of the lower tires. Even if you don't need the higher speed using a higher tire can save power because the building will run at full power part time and at drain level for the rest. The total energy can be lower even when running part time.

That said power is cheap. And for electric poles and pipes the basic items just work. Building two power poles is cheaper than building one larger one. So for me to use a bigger pole or different pipe there has to be a good reason:

- Train stations with a warehouse can't use wooden poles on the side of the warehouse to power all the inserters loading the train. Not enough reach.
- Sometimes I need to squeeze in to many inserters next to each other and belts for the so the reach of wooden poles isn't enough.
- Iron/Stone underground pipes have not enough reach to tunnel under 2 train tracks and a road in between the tracks so I use plastic there. Otherwise I continually drive into undergound pipes.
- Same with power poles. Doing long distance power lines with wooden poles may be cheaper but then I keep driving into those poles. The fewer poles strewn across otherwise empty space the better.

Catfight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catfight »

Have you put any thoughts into adding support for compression mods/Crating mods like Deadlock's crating machine or his stacking beltboxes?

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Bob is adding the new pollution modifiers to lots of his stuff, are you planning to follow and make changes to your burnables (coke etc) like him soon ?

Catfight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catfight »

Just from looking through Helmod, it seems like using anything other than the tree aborium for wood wooden board production requires massive, massive amounts of work for very little gain. Are there any plansto tune the formulas to make it more beneficial to use say, cellulose fibers to make wooden boards?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Catfight wrote:Just from looking through Helmod, it seems like using anything other than the tree aborium for wood wooden board production requires massive, massive amounts of work for very little gain. Are there any plansto tune the formulas to make it more beneficial to use say, cellulose fibers to make wooden boards?
Yeah I started new game recently and was puzzled by this.
The celulose paste is pretty complex and requires 2 different algae types - it's not practical to make wood in this way. Which leaves bob's greenhouse to support the needed wood.
Unless I'm missing something in recipes.

Might check out BioIndustries - there is a way to make wood there too.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

This one is actually not bad to get wood plates:
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=19652&p=346284#p346284

It needs only Green Algae and Sodium Hydroxide from Saline Water

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

jodokus31 wrote:This one is actually not bad to get wood plates:

Yeah it seem nice but for some reason saline water production is on water treatment 3 - so would need to porify lots of water for saline water and void pure one until getting that one. After you get there it will be useful :)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:

Yeah it seem nice but for some reason saline water production is on water treatment 3 - so would need to porify lots of water for saline water and void pure one until getting that one. After you get there it will be useful :)
*hint* washing */hint*

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:
orzelek wrote:

*hint* washing */hint*
Ok thats a bit long chain... but it will do the job. Just need to make some steel and 5 washers plus seafloor pump I guess :D
Is't it a bit to long? ;)
Thanks for the hint :D So many techs it's easy to miss that one that you need at the start.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Angel teasing us with updates to Angel's Industries thread...

Catfight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catfight »

Zyrconia wrote:I scaled up the production a bit, but as I expected I can't support it: not enough crushed stone. Saline is easy to solve.

While not fully feed, it still produces almost 2 wooden boards/second.
That's... Two wooden boards a second... when wooden boards are needed for the two most basic circuits, which again are needed in the dozens not a blue belt a second. The size and amount of resources that go into that just for 2 boards a second is utterly abyssal. Just a tree abourium produces far more than that by itself.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Catfight wrote:
Zyrconia wrote:I scaled up the production a bit, but as I expected I can't support it: not enough crushed stone. Saline is easy to solve.

While not fully feed, it still produces almost 2 wooden boards/second.
That's... Two wooden boards a second... when wooden boards are needed for the two most basic circuits, which again are needed in the dozens not a blue belt a second. The size and amount of resources that go into that just for 2 boards a second is utterly abyssal. Just a tree abourium produces far more than that by itself.
Woodern boards with the two algaes and sodium is ok for early production, sadly the paper proces is just utterly pointless atm its like 10 times too slow and ineffective.
After you get oil, you can start to make synth wood from naptha.
I was looking for ways of making boards earlier today after trying new seed on map, using alien biomes it landed me basically on the moon, whole continent is grey with craters, has almost no trees. No way to make arboretums since i have found just one desert tree which is useless and i dont like to cheese the game with bobs treefarms.

The paper chain is interesting but just not feasible, getting 1 board/second needed like 20-30 buildings and ridiculous amounts of power.
I need to check the numbers on the better paper processes sometime but i hope Angel balances the paper stuff a bit.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Zyrconia wrote:Angel teasing us with updates to Angel's Industries thread...
I was hoping it would have been released this weekend. The previews have been out for many months and I'm starting to worry 0.17 will be out before the mod.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

MadClown01 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:Exciting things
Heya, I notice now that Bob's Greenhouses and Angel's Bioprocessing bring out "fertiliser" and "fertilizer" respectively. This duplication without any overrides seems to indicate that these mods are not really intended to be compatible.
May be someone can write override the fertilser from Bio Industries to Angel's fertilzer, after all, in essence, fertilizer from two mods play the same role
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

any charcoal yet ?

need that from wood.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Bobs treefarms and BioIndustries arent really good with Angels mods, with them you can just spam treefarms and cheese everything and i dont think BioIndustries is really balanced compared to Angels stuff either.

Also @Angel, are you planning on balancing the increased need of cobalt in Bobs any way? You need it so much for belts so getting rid of Nickel starts to be problematic unless using the pure cobalt recipe which is near lategame. Like adjusting the iron / steel recipes or something. Or actually i guess i can sink it into Titanium, it just feels odd to have the ingot ratios for iron/steel so high with iron and additives being same ratios.

hewhoispale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hewhoispale »

Light wrote:
Zyrconia wrote:Angel teasing us with updates to Angel's Industries thread...
I was hoping it would have been released this weekend. The previews have been out for many months and I'm starting to worry 0.17 will be out before the mod.
0.16 isn't even actually released yet. I suspect there's still a bit of time.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Is it by design that Chlorine processing is a green bottle tech?
It's required to make sodium hydroxide for paste to make wood for circuits. And those circuits are needed for green bottles so it's a bit of circle that requires going around wood chopping to get out of :D

I've been trying to make wood the bio processing way.. but it's way to complex for something so basic as wooden board :D

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

How about a way to get crushed stone back from mineralized water instead of voiding it?
Could be some enrgy hungry process like cooking the water to vaporize it...

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Angels Mods”