Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

cellular
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by cellular »

steinio wrote:Is there a chart for all that somewhere?
Not as far as I know, sorry.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Just started a new AngelBob runthrough. The new bioprocessing is really cool - I'm especially thrilled with the aboretum. Really handy to have those new ways of making small amounts of plastic & resin for earlygame requirements. However - because Alien Biomes - gardens are quite rare! Aw well :P

Just noticing - Bob's seedlings can't be used in the composter, and Bob's fertilizer (despite being overriden to have a far more expensive recipe) is not used anywhere in the farm or aboretum recipes. I get the feeling that Bob's Greenhouses aren't exactly being integrated into Angels Bioprocessing, which isn't what I would have expected considering most of us Angel's players use the full suite of Bob's mods too.

I can't help but feel that there are a few missed opportunities here:
Fertilizer would be a quite intuitive ingredient for existing and possible recipes - current garden cultivation, faster or more productive farming, more aboretum recipes etc
Seedlings could be used in some recipe to make more temperate / swamp trees. The current situation (where temperate trees & swamp trees are non-renewable) is a bit counter-intuitive.

Would also be keen to see some more diverse material requirements for the processing buildings - the aboretum requiring some glass would make sense, especially as glass is never really used early-game outside Bob's Greenhouses despite the awesome array of smelting options we have.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Termak wrote:You should be able to use bricks to pave the base until you get the sludge going, but if you really want to just get rid of it you can always make it into mineral water and clarify it.
Green algae are more productive consumers of mineral water. You can make wood bricks out of it at the start and use that as fuel. It's also a great way to make your first plastic with some research. Much simpler than from crude oil.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

cellular wrote:Cupric sorting is less useful, but the crushed sorting definitely gives you sinkless tinned copper wire. But then the next two products are silicon and silver - silicon can't be used with copper directly, although I think you'll generally want more tinned copper wire than silicon so you can probably use cupric powder sorting as your main silicon production. But the next one is silver, which as far as I can tell is mostly useless unless you want upgraded solar panels...
Silicon ingots can be used to make iron just like manganese and atleast in the beginning you want more copper than tin so the 2:1:1 Copper:Tin:Silicon is handy, also you will pretty fast start to need silicon for transistors for blue science anyway.
mrvn wrote:
Termak wrote:You should be able to use bricks to pave the base until you get the sludge going, but if you really want to just get rid of it you can always make it into mineral water and clarify it.
Green algae are more productive consumers of mineral water. You can make wood bricks out of it at the start and use that as fuel. It's also a great way to make your first plastic with some research. Much simpler than from crude oil.
The post was made when bioprocessing wasnt in yet, but yes algae is nice way to dump crushed stone too, though i still prefer paving with bricks for movement boost, we all know how big the distances start to get with angels. Also you need the brick anyway later for production sciences.

I personally need to mess around more with the farms and arboretums, i did have to use some cheatcodes to get more gardens since using Alien biomes.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Termak wrote: I personally need to mess around more with the farms and arboretums, i did have to use some cheatcodes to get more gardens since using Alien biomes.
How do you use the new farms? They all need some seeds to start off but I see no way to get any.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

You can find these "gardens" (tiny, bush sized items) around (using deconstructor to scan area with filter is easiest) and extract seeds/research tokens from them.
They only spawn on vanilla terrain currently so i had to cheat to get more than couple, 5 gardens just wasnt enough with marathon research settings.
After you get past certain point you can grow more of them slowly.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

mrvn wrote:
Termak wrote: I personally need to mess around more with the farms and arboretums, i did have to use some cheatcodes to get more gardens since using Alien biomes.
How do you use the new farms? They all need some seeds to start off but I see no way to get any.
i started recently new game with bobs + angels, and at some distance from base(start area), i found different kind of "trees", which gave me wood, and something like "seedling", which is what farm needs. not sure how often they appear, i found first one in distance like 4x radius of start area, and couple more around 6x distance ... i use RSO tho' ... not sure if it has any impact on their spawn.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

In smelting: shouldn't advanced steel smelting be better than straight smelting plates? You get the basic furnace recipe that goes 2 iron plates-> 1 steel plate while the advanced goes 24 iron Ingots ->8 steel ingots. so the "advanced" goes 3:1 instead of 2:1 that the simpel goes. With the I think the advanced should go better then 2:1, maybe 5:3 or 7:4. then you have at least some intensive to actually use the advanced smelting variants.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

ukezi wrote:In smelting: shouldn't advanced steel smelting be better than straight smelting plates? You get the basic furnace recipe that goes 2 iron plates-> 1 steel plate while the advanced goes 24 iron Ingots ->8 steel ingots. so the "advanced" goes 3:1 instead of 2:1 that the simpel goes. With the I think the advanced should go better then 2:1, maybe 5:3 or 7:4. then you have at least some intensive to actually use the advanced smelting variants.
I guess you have cheap Bob's steel enabled which ruins the ratios.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

ukezi wrote:In smelting: shouldn't advanced steel smelting be better than straight smelting plates? You get the basic furnace recipe that goes 2 iron plates-> 1 steel plate while the advanced goes 24 iron Ingots ->8 steel ingots. so the "advanced" goes 3:1 instead of 2:1 that the simpel goes. With the I think the advanced should go better then 2:1, maybe 5:3 or 7:4. then you have at least some intensive to actually use the advanced smelting variants.
Disable Bob's cheap steel setting and you'll be paying a hefty 8:1 ratio on normal recipes. Metallurgy will be a top priority at that point, trust me.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

i found a swamp garden, and a swamp tree so far :) (plus the one that is a garden that looks like it has pumpkins on it too)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Btw, i think i found a Bug with Angels Refining (it says that it supports Yuoki but i tried and no Yuoki resources spawn, and no setting options for Frequency etc are available)? this is in factorio v00.16.16 with your Refining 0.9.8, and Infinite 0.7.3 mods.

(without Refining, the Yuoki mods appear again) just to let you know in case of a bug.)
i was looking forward to an AngelBobYuoki game but without angels refining its not a game :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

foodfactorio wrote:Btw, i think i found a Bug with Angels Refining (it says that it supports Yuoki but i tried and no Yuoki resources spawn, and no setting options for Frequency etc are available)? this is in factorio v00.16.16 with your Refining 0.9.8, and Infinite 0.7.3 mods.

(without Refining, the Yuoki mods appear again) just to let you know in case of a bug.)
i was looking forward to an AngelBobYuoki game but without angels refining its not a game :)
You need to refine the Angel's ores to get Yuoki ores, that's were the name of the mod comes from.

Open the tech Tree with T and search for sorting. There you see the various combinations to get also Yuoki ores.

If you need more Info, I can look it up for you in a few hours when i"m back at home.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Light wrote:
Disable Bob's cheap steel setting and you'll be paying a hefty 8:1 ratio on normal recipes. Metallurgy will be a top priority at that point, trust me.
Then Angel should detect bobs settings and change that. Also 8:1 to 3:1 is a bit hard of a step.
Also Invar should be iron and nickel not steel and nickel.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

ukezi wrote:
Light wrote:
Then Angel should detect bobs settings and change that. Also 8:1 to 3:1 is a bit hard of a step.
You are probably on an old version, with 0.16 I made it a hard override to 8:1, before it listened to bobs options.
ukezi wrote: Also Invar should be iron and nickel not steel and nickel.
Why?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

because bob's recipe is that way?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

ukezi wrote:because bob's recipe is that way?
Well I'm not bob

dubax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dubax »

Arch666Angel wrote:
ukezi wrote:because bob's recipe is that way?
Well I'm not bob
gotem

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

cool thanks steinio,
i had only made the 1st Ore Sorting building so far, and just saw the 2 yuoki ores, showing up 1st in Hydro Refining (with chunks) - cool i will try it out...
what confused me was that in every other new game (which didnt have angel refining), the yuoki ores would always show up as large ore fields, so i though something was wrong. :)

hi angel ,if you get a chance can you maybe add a small note on the angels refining modportal page, to let people know that (yuoki ores will become available through ore refining, not ore fields?) or something similar? it might help new players too and less similar posting of fake bugs :)
(and i also will ask yuoki if he can do a similar note for the YI mod page too)

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

foodfactorio wrote:cool thanks steinio,
i had only made the 1st Ore Sorting building so far, and just saw the 2 yuoki ores, showing up 1st in Hydro Refining (with chunks) - cool i will try it out...
what confused me was that in every other new game (which didnt have angel refining), the yuoki ores would always show up as large ore fields, so i though something was wrong. :)

hi angel ,if you get a chance can you maybe add a small note on the angels refining modportal page, to let people know that (yuoki ores will become available through ore refining, not ore fields?) or something similar? it might help new players too and less similar posting of fake bugs :)
(and i also will ask yuoki if he can do a similar note for the YI mod page too)
not sure what you mean here, such is short desription on mod portal for angels refining
Adds ore refining to the game. Compound ores have to be refined before you are able to smelt and cast them into plates. Works best in conjunction with Bobmods and supports additional mods like Yuoki Industries, Uranium Power and Nucular.
so you can assume, what you find on map are those "compound ores" (with vanilla it's only saphirite and stiratite i believe, with bobs there comes also bobmonium, rubydium, crotinium, forgot others .... :D)

if angel need to explicitly list hint for every mod out there ....

btw. it even works with 5dim :D (which is not mentioned in short description)

Return to “Angels Mods”