Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

PascalDUFOUR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by PascalDUFOUR »

I do like your mods and I've play factorio with them for really long time.And I have some suggestions about this mod:
Magnet works great importance in industry today, however there's no magnet assosiated things in mod or vanilla version.
So I think if it is possible to add some items, recipes and techs in industry mod?
For example, magnet works a very important role in motor and turbines or steam engine to generate electricity.
Besides, magnet also can help us use more metals in games. Chrome works few in the mod, but we can use it as FeCrCo magnet.
We can start magnet with ferrite, the most common magnet, can be made from iron ore directly. Then we go to AlNiCO magnet and FeCrCo magnet. Finally we can use some rare earth magnet, like Nd2Fe14B magnet or SmCo magnet. The rare earth can be refined from slag with a very small possibility and extracted them from solution.
Ok it's just a suggestion

ShadowScaleFTL
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ShadowScaleFTL »

I just tried equip vehicle solar panel and battery to train, but seems it wont work - still says now fuel. Is it possible somehow to make trains work with electrisity from internal grid?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

ShadowScaleFTL wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:16 am
I just tried equip vehicle solar panel and battery to train, but seems it wont work - still says now fuel. Is it possible somehow to make trains work with electrisity from internal grid?
The internal grid is usually independent from the fuel of the train. The vehicle solar panels etc. are for powering things like vehicle roboports or vehicle energy shields.

I believe you will need additional mods to get trains powered by electricity. The mod portal has several candidates:
https://mods.factorio.com/query/electri ... ersion=1.0
I don't know if any one of these mods uses specifically the internal grid for power, but I would doubt that.

Kople101366
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kople101366 »

i was looking at the production of perchloric acid and i noticed that it doesn't output any sodium based on the inputs and the current outputs it should output sodium in som form.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Voidedfactory wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:04 am
I"m having a bit of a conundrum regarding nuggets and pebbles.

I'm noticing that all of the sorting recipes--crushed, chunks, crystals, and pure--all have excess nuggets and not enough pebbles to go with it. There is a recipe to crush ore into pebbles, but it takes two to make four pebbles, and that's not enough for any recipe to completely use up all the nuggets that come out. THis usually results in either a big nugget backlog without the pebbles to remove them, or a big pebble backlog in trying to match the nuggets, and usually not enough ore crafted afterwards to make it worth it.

I am basing this off of the layouts I've made, so it's possible I just haven't figured out how to properly ratio everything to get right of any excess on either side. However, I'd like to put all the pebbles and nuggets into ore so I can run it through metallurgy since that gives the most iron plate for the process. Do I just need to funnel the excess nuggets into making extra plates (iron or steel) because the excess is intended, or is there something I'm missing?
It is better to make pebbles out of the ore in order to consume all the slag and nuggets, in the end you'll have more ore output, just prioritize the ore to return into refining before you put them into metallurgy smelting.
PascalDUFOUR wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:21 am
I do like your mods and I've play factorio with them for really long time.And I have some suggestions about this mod:
Magnet works great importance in industry today, however there's no magnet assosiated things in mod or vanilla version.
So I think if it is possible to add some items, recipes and techs in industry mod?
For example, magnet works a very important role in motor and turbines or steam engine to generate electricity.
Besides, magnet also can help us use more metals in games. Chrome works few in the mod, but we can use it as FeCrCo magnet.
We can start magnet with ferrite, the most common magnet, can be made from iron ore directly. Then we go to AlNiCO magnet and FeCrCo magnet. Finally we can use some rare earth magnet, like Nd2Fe14B magnet or SmCo magnet. The rare earth can be refined from slag with a very small possibility and extracted them from solution.
Ok it's just a suggestion
We're still creating more intermediates, the next update will have battery intermediates for example. I like the idea of magnets, we'll see if we can find 5 types and how good it looks ingame... Thanks for the suggestion anyway
Kople101366 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:38 am
i was looking at the production of perchloric acid and i noticed that it doesn't output any sodium based on the inputs and the current outputs it should output sodium in som form.
We'll look into it... Might be for balancing reasons too
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

danyax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by danyax »

Santa,

I see very active development efforts on githumb. Would you hint when next update will be released? I am starting new megabase with 1000 science multiplier with full A&B + components + new science - a project that will last for me for good few months and I wonder if I will be deadlocked on the current release of Angel mods.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

danyax wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:50 pm
Santa,

I see very active development efforts on githumb. Would you hint when next update will be released? I am starting new megabase with 1000 science multiplier with full A&B + components + new science - a project that will last for me for good few months and I wonder if I will be deadlocked on the current release of Angel mods.
I happen to have seen Santa mention this on Discord:
On October 25th, 2020 Lovely_Santa wrote: ETA on next update is next friday btw
without any major issues it should be released then
Link to source
He was referring to Friday October 30th, 2020.

But in any case, there should not be any breaking changes in the coming release from what I have seen. However, please be aware that component mode is in Beta and Tech overhaul is more like Alpha at the moment. There might be breaking changes in future releases – before you finish your megabase. Therefore, once you start your map, please be extra careful with reading the changelogs of Angel's mods when updates become available so you are aware of relevant changes.

danyax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by danyax »

valneq wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:58 pm

But in any case, there should not be any breaking changes in the coming release from what I have seen. However, please be aware that component mode is in Beta and Tech overhaul is more like Alpha at the moment. There might be breaking changes in future releases – before you finish your megabase. Therefore, once you start your map, please be extra careful with reading the changelogs of Angel's mods when updates become available so you are aware of relevant changes.
Thanks, that was really helpful! I am ready to accomodate changes as they come to life, this is part of fun.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

valneq wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:58 pm
danyax wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:50 pm
Santa,

I happen to have seen Santa mention this on Discord:
On October 25th, 2020 Lovely_Santa wrote: ETA on next update is next friday btw
without any major issues it should be released then
Link to source

The release will be tomorrow or the day after, before friday night!

Component mode will have quite a few recipe changes, no balancing just yet, just different and extended ingredients.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Kople101366
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kople101366 »

the combining of sodium nitrate and sulfuric acid doesn't make hydrogen as a byproduct and the decomposition of sodium nitrate into no_x's should also make sodium oxide. #things-I-noticed

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Kople101366 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:36 am
the combining of sodium nitrate and sulfuric acid doesn't make hydrogen as a byproduct and the decomposition of sodium nitrate into no_x's should also make sodium oxide. #things-I-noticed
Is this about real-world accuracy or about gameplay balance? By far not all the chemical conversions in Angel's mods obey mass conservation or conservation of atomic nuclei for that matter. If you have serious gameplay balance concerns about the mentioned recipes, please be more specific. Pure complication because of realism's sake may not be the best selling point ;-)

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

The new upate is released
Mainly contains loose ends and addresses lots of bug reports. Some notable changes is a new early game steel recipe (still 8 iron : 1 steel) but without requiring oxygen. Industries' component mode received 5 (6 with bobs) tiers of batteries with appropriate intermediates. Even the rocket recipe changed and has now a dedicated recipe with intermediates!

Depending on the amount of bug reports received, patches might come within 1 or 2 weeks, as usual.

danyax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by danyax »

I have few questions regarding Bob- - Angel mod conbinations. Will greatly appreciate if more experinced player will share their knowledge.

I'm running full Angel mods with Angel tech and components enabled

I also running following Bob mods and have clear understanding what they add

Bob Function Lib
Bob Assembling machine
Bob Logistics
Bob Adjustable Inserters
Bob Mining
Bob Metals, Chemical and Intermediary
Bob Power
Bob Electronics

I have no idea if following Bob mods bring any value to my configuation of game

Bob Ores - it looks like Angel completely overrides ores, so I have not noticed any affect from this mod
Bob Tech - it adds Logistic science pack, new Lab2 and change some other science packs. It looks like Angel mods make all these changes irrelevant in new tech/components mode
Bob Revamp - it changes sulfur chain, chem plants/refinerieer tech (?) and rocket fuel/parts. I have not checked in details, but my guess this is again almost fully overridden by Angels, with exception of rocket techs - it add heat shielding. May be there are changes I missed.

So it looks like Bob Ores and Tech makes no sense in my configuration, not sure about Revamp. Any insights or suggestions, what is the best/intended way to configure mods?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

danyax wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:55 am
I have no idea if following Bob mods bring any value to my configuation of game

Bob Ores - it looks like Angel completely overrides ores, so I have not noticed any affect from this mod
Bob Tech - it adds Logistic science pack, new Lab2 and change some other science packs. It looks like Angel mods make all these changes irrelevant in new tech/components mode
Bob Revamp - it changes sulfur chain, chem plants/refinerieer tech (?) and rocket fuel/parts. I have not checked in details, but my guess this is again almost fully overridden by Angels, with exception of rocket techs - it add heat shielding. May be there are changes I missed.

So it looks like Bob Ores and Tech makes no sense in my configuration, not sure about Revamp. Any insights or suggestions, what is the best/intended way to configure mods?
It might look like they do not contribute at first, but by having them, you unlock more bob parts. I don't know them all by heart, but I do remember bob ore having an influence on gem processing. Bob tech still adds alien science packs, which will eventually be part of angels as well, but that will be once angels exploration receives some love.

Bob revamp on the other hand is more bobs trash mod, it contains unfinished work, or things that do not fit very good in his other mods. So this mod influences across the board, it certainly adds new content to your game (depending on your settings of course), for example the RTG.

I usually stick with the default settings. Angels also modifies some of bobs default settings or even hides the settings for when they do not even influence the game anymore.

Caslomyr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Caslomyr »

It looks like there might be a minor bug associated with Angel's Smelting:
2020-10-31_error_on_game_load.jpg
2020-10-31_error_on_game_load.jpg (54.81 KiB) Viewed 6052 times
I would have dropped this in the bugs thread, but it doesn't seem to have been used since 2016. If this should go somewhere else, please let me know.

Great mods, by the way!

Kindred192
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kindred192 »

Caslomyr wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:08 pm

I would have dropped this in the bugs thread, but it doesn't seem to have been used since 2016. If this should go somewhere else, please let me know.

Great mods, by the way!
Got the same error. The issue here seems to be ShinyGFX. Something in the update broke that mod. Re-enabling everything except SGFX fixes the issue.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Caslomyr wrote:

Great mods, by the way!
You are mistaken, the thread was created 2016. The very bug you report was reported there yesterday.
Kindred192 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:13 pm
Caslomyr wrote:

Great mods, by the way!
Got the same error. The issue here seems to be ShinyGFX. Something in the update broke that mod. Re-enabling everything except SGFX fixes the issue.
In the bugs & faq thread, it was already noted that shinygfx needs to be updated. In the mean time, you can load https://mods.factorio.com/mod/reskins-angels in addition, which takes care of this issue.

Caslomyr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Caslomyr »

valneq wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:31 pm
Caslomyr wrote:
I would have dropped this in the bugs thread, but it doesn't seem to have been used since 2016.
You are mistaken, the thread was created 2016. The very bug you report was reported there yesterday.
Thanks for catching that, and for the solution. I'll try to post after coffee next time. :)

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Suggestion: move following recipes added by Bob’s mods from the assembling machine to the sintering oven:
Ceramic pipe
Ceramic pipe to ground
Heat shielding tile.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Related to the above, how about moving the setting recipes from petrochem to the casting machine?

Return to “Angels Mods”