Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by lovely_santa »

facc00 wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:12 pm
Good morning, love your mods. I wanted to request a search option for the crawler. Things get a bit unorganized in there and sorting isn't an option. Thanks in advance.
It is a vehicle, and like any vehicle or inventory, there is no search function. If you want that kind of behaviour, you'll have to request it for the base game. I do want to point out that you can filter the vehicle inventory, just like your player inventory or cargo wagons in the base game.
Valeryn4 wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:39 am
In Angels, expansion, evolution and pollution are disabled by default ...
How to set the right settings so that biters would sometimes attack, in mid-game
When you play without angels exploration, biters are turned of by default. You can re-enable when you create a new map by changing the angels biter modifier. Increase it to 600% to get the base game biter settings. Expansion, evolution and pollution are turned off, you can turn those back on by just checking those respective checkboxes. The values are not changed compared to the defaults.
Does Rampat Mod work with Angel and Bob's Enemies?
I've heard that it works, but I have no personal experience with them. Maybe someone else from the community can give a more detailed answer?
How does the evolution take place if it is disabled by default?
It doesn't, then it stays at 0% indefinetly, meaning the biters will always spawn small biters.
Ezarkal wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:17 pm
lovely_santa wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:13 pm
Announcement
Good idea for the mod combination, but you should turn this announcement into a topic of it's own and sticky it.
-It took me a while to find it, while trying to figure why were these mods now broken
-In a few days, it will just be buried in this thread and nobody will find it.

Many thanks for the awesome mods. Factorio would not be the same without you guys.
I have to give credit to Pez and timbo for the idea and implementation of this feature. I'll talk to angel about making us moderators in the angels mod section. I am not sure if this is possible...

The announcement has also been posted on the respective mods as well, and it's also mentioned in the changelogs, on github and on discord. These are all the possible places where we are active. This thread will have to do for now, which gives updates about the development when breaking features are implemented, or when we ask for feedback about certain things.
scuzball01 wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:36 pm
Hi,

First off, thank you for the awesome mods. Its given me countless hours of entertainment, which I actually had to step away from for a bit and pay attention to my family, but now I am back and starting up a new round of Factorio and was wondering if there were/are/or will be any standalone versions of your mods? In particular, I'd love to be able to use the buildings/tech you designed for smelting, but with just the simple base game. Has anyone else done this?

Thanks,
Keith
For the question about components/science, if this was possible, we would have done so. However, the tech would look quite a lot 'the same' as you don't have that many intermediates in the base game. It requires a lot of different materials (and ores) in order to create such complexity. For this reason it is impractical and almost impossible to create it for the base game.

For the smelting part, you could just install refining, petrochem and smelting in order to get a 'special vanilla' mode which smelts different intermediates to copper, iron and concrete. Did you try that yet? It's a fun mode to play as well.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

Hey guys, just quickly wanted to get some info, when Infinite Ores will be updated to 1.0?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Northgate wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:09 am
Hey guys, just quickly wanted to get some info, when Infinite Ores will be updated to 1.0?
Probably whenever theres an update for it next. It should be fine to use as is. .18 mods are supposed to work with 1.0 just fine.

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

Ohh okay, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the heads up! Usually every major upgrade broke all the mods.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Northgate wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:27 am
Ohh okay, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the heads up! Usually every major upgrade broke all the mods.
1.0 was special given they broke a bunch of things during .18 that is normally broken during version changes and they wanted all the mods available day 1 of the 1.0 release.

Valeryn4
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Valeryn4 »

Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:19 pm

When you play without angels exploration, biters are turned of by default. You can re-enable when you create a new map by changing the angels biter modifier. Increase it to 600% to get the base game biter settings. Expansion, evolution and pollution are turned off, you can turn those back on by just checking those respective checkboxes. The values are not changed compared to the defaults.
I have everything included)
It took a long time to adjust the game ...
If I use Rampat and activate new biters, then it does not work with RSO. Nests self-destruct, leaving only texture on the ground.

The evolution in time had to be turned off. Angel progress is too slow.
Evolution from pollution had to be turned off. Huge gas factories are quickly turning everything in a circle into dead lands)

Exposed evolution from destruction. RSO forces them to clean up.

I set up migration, with timeouts of 60 and 120 minutes. The default is not playable. Since by the beginning of plastic production, the game turns into hell.

Starting zone 300%. RNO forces her to leave for new resources.
With RSO - "initial resources" through the bob-mod are ignored by the way)

My mod list:
full bob mod's
full Angels mod's
full MadClown mod's
AAI
Alien Biomes
Nature Evloution (Evil bites :))
Rampact (disable new enemy, see up)
RSO
SpaceX

All together it works ... for now;)

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:49 pm
I have everything included (...)

Evolution from pollution had to be turned off. Huge gas factories are quickly turning everything in a circle into dead lands)
When playing with angels exploration, evolution by time and pollution are disabled by default, so this might be a bug on RSO.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Valeryn4
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Valeryn4 »

Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:57 pm
I have everything included (...)

When playing with angels exploration, evolution by time and pollution are disabled by default, so this might be a bug on RSO.
You don't seem to understand me.
Evolution has been completely disabled by default.
I turned it on and set the values for pollution and time - 0
Left only destruction.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:05 pm
Evolution has been completely disabled by default.
This would mean you don't have angels exploration installed, or you're not playing with the latest versions of the angels mods (angels refining and angels exploration in particular).

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:19 pm

I have everything included)
It took a long time to adjust the game ...
If I use Rampat and activate new biters, then it does not work with RSO. Nests self-destruct, leaving only texture on the ground.

Exposed evolution from destruction. RSO forces them to clean up.

I set up migration, with timeouts of 60 and 120 minutes. The default is not playable. Since by the beginning of plastic production, the game turns into hell.

Starting zone 300%. RNO forces her to leave for new resources.
With RSO - "initial resources" through the bob-mod are ignored by the way)

My mod list:
full bob mod's
full Angels mod's
full MadClown mod's
AAI
Alien Biomes
Nature Evloution (Evil bites :))
Rampact (disable new enemy, see up)
RSO
SpaceX

All together it works ... for now;)
Few things from RSO perspective:
Enemy bases self destructing with rampant... ? Thats a first one I hear and not sure how RSO could cause that.
If rampant has some new biters option that doesn't work with RSO I'd need to take a look and add them.

RSO and having to go for resources - thats kind of by design. Especially with increased starting area.
I might not be understanding whats the effect you are trying to achieve. If you don't want to explore and use trains for resources then simply drop RSO.

Dechou
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dechou »

Don't know if this is already work in progress as it's not a hard to see problem, but anyway: Angel's rework on bob's nuclear system does not apply to the new "deuterium fuel cell 2" recipe, wich makes it extremely broken to the point where you basically have to not use the recipe to maintain any form of balance.

Also, but it's more of a detail, BA crafting menu if very well titied up today, I believe it is thanks to angel industries ? If so, when playing seablock with circuit processing and KS power, the final product of every circuit and the diesel fuel from KS power end up in the old "intermediate products" tab, wich is entirely empty outside of those. Maybe there is a way to force them to the angel's Components and petrochem tab fort the purpose of this modpack wich is rather widely played ?

Voidedfactory
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Voidedfactory »

valneq wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:38 pm
Voidedfactory wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:59 am
Why the hell are certain prerequisites not properly connected?
There are several reasons for that. Primarily because Angel's mods don't follow the vanilla recipe design philosophy.

[snip]

Additionally, as kingarthur already said: Angel's mods are not one mod that you can optimize until everyone is happy. They are a combinations of mods that do different things in different combinations. In many cases, compatibilities with external mods need to be taken into account, and different mod settings (overhauls) within Angel's mods change up some production chains entirely. The tech tree sometimes just makes compromises so as to not always being a completely different beast. It does not always change up the dependencies between different technologies. This may or may not be a good way of dealing with dependencies.

But no matter how you try to do it, a tree is never able to represent options between vastly different production chains.

None of the things I said imply that I am happy with the tech tree. There are issues that can and should be addressed at some point. But I hope that you understand that things are not as simple as they are in vanilla.

Currently, Angel's mods are heavily being worked on (component mode and tech overhaul) – and once these are more or less done, the tech tree might get some more love to iron out some of the issues that can be addressed. Fluid handling for barrels being necessary for cliff explosives for example ;-)
Well, I do get that, though I wasn't at all aware Angel's was apparently originally solely a Bob's Mods companion or something, according to arthur. I suppose that is my bad for assuming "base" mods/modpacks are built to be stand-alone, if that makes any sense, with additional add-ons that enhance the experience and/or allow compatibility but can be removed without FUBAR-ing the main mod. This is the first time I've ever actually used Angel's mods at all, so no need to get that upset over it.

But, to cut down your post a bit to not extend the page too much, I get the whole multliple ways to an item approach, and I do like it. It just feels personally frustrating to me that there's no sense of connectivity between certain research options, at least without the overhaul options included (I'll touch on that in a bit). It is something I think I can get past to play the mod(s), sure, but it just kinda gives me a mental twitch whenever it happens for something.

As far as managing that with all the compatibilities, dependencies, etc., within the tech tree itself...yeah, I get that it'd probably be impossible to visualize, though I wish it wouldn't be. I'd think it's still be possible within just Angel's mods themselves, though, even if it's just a mention in the tech description along the lines of "required for X, Y, and Z techs/buildings". Maybe not everything since nutrient paste, for instance, is used for basically every bio-farming process to create the actual products (be it trees, animals or aliens), but most things. I don't know. I'm not a mod-maker or all that versed in stuff like that, so it's entirely possible I'm suggesting something impossible and/or impractical to actually implement. But I'd still like to believe there's some way to at least indirectly show newcomers (or the confused) that certain techs, while not having directly connecting paths, still indicate the unlocked ingredients are required. An example I've found now is that clay bricks, required for most lvl 2 buildings, has no connection to them tech-tree-wise even though I haven't found any other means to craft clay bricks in a non-overhauled state of the mods. Could just sound extra salty, but that doesn't sound like a sulfur problem, but a legit "this needs to be a prerequisite" problem.

However, I will not budge on the sulfur processsing 1 and 2 switch. That particular recipe for making sulfur makes no sense being where it is unless Sulfur processing 1 is required to make sulfur at all. From any recipe. And as far as I can tell that doesn't seem to be the case?

As for the overhaul options, I've taken a look at them, and with some of them on (especially the components overhaul--the first option in mod settings) I now understand why some of the techs in the non-overhaul state essentially lead nowhere (e.g paper has fuck-all usage without any overhauls enabled, and the bio-stuff are basically worthless. BUt hoo boy, that is a LOT of complexity. HOnestly, a bit too much for me to wrap my mind around right now if I try to take it all end. Granted, I will likely be playing a scenario with all of this in mind plus a bunch of other mods at a later date, but I don't think I'm going to go that deep for it juuuuust yet. That one's going to be, like, a super-duper long term "How much can I handle before I give up" kind of deal. (THat's less a knock against the mod, more against my ability to comprehend and compartmentalize and handle that level of stuff to manage.)

Right now, I'm doing a non-overhaul version--well, more like "re-doing" since I didn't realize leaving the biter sliders at 100% disabled them entirely when I first started. Still, I got some basic BP's made up for some stuff, so I can just transfer that over to the "actual" scenario and beat the game that way. Not sure how high a priority it is for Angel or the rest of you, but it would be really cool if, eventually, the techs-to-nowhere (like paper) have uses even in the most basic form of it. I'm aware this may be rebutted with the "this is not a one version fits all kind of mod", but I'd think that if you want to make it work as a completely standalone mod, it should at least be considered.

(Yes, I'm a few weeks late in replying, sue me.)

(And to be clear, I'm not saying this in dislike of the mod. While this is my first time playing with it in my own games, I've seen it played by a few other youtubers (Arumba and Quill18, not sure if you're aware of either of them), though IIRC none of them ever mentioned how it was never really made to be played by itself. I like what it has (watching the metallurgy process, while at times hard to take in, was very fun to figure out and watch happen from mined jivolite to iron plates from the coil sheets, to a surprisingly high degree) and appreciate the complexity it brings. I just feel like these are things that could make it better, even if they're off the mark.)

ShinoHarvest
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShinoHarvest »

Possible move you 2x2 tank(petrochem small inline tank) and other in angel petro to angel storage for use in other mod pack ^^.

this type of tank(sreen below) is interesent patern for train station and greate for cargo ship tanker (because is hard make 2 side dock for ship and extract max pump direct to tank) is possible inspired of this for new tank or give you powered god skin to this moder to help him ^^ (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SuperTanks)

Last edited by ShinoHarvest on Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

ShinoHarvest wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:14 pm
Possible move you 2x2 tank(petrochem small inline tank) and other in angel petro to angel storage for use in other mod pack ^^.

this type of tank(https://image.prntscr.com/image/NW3FzND ... jPXPkA.png) is interesent patern for train station and greate for cargo ship tanker (because is hard make 2 side dock for ship and extract max pump direct to tank) is possible inspired of this for new tank or give you powered god skin to this moder to help him ^^ (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SuperTanks)
Please upload the image to the forum. The link gives a 403 - forbidden.

ShinoHarvest
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShinoHarvest »

for me 2 link work

Voidedfactory
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Voidedfactory »

I've noticed an oddity with the pollution button on the map mode while playing, namely that I don't see any pollution at all when I toggle it. I don't really know if this is an ANgel's issue or not (as far as I can tell, Angel's doesn't mess with that stuff), but it's kinda hard to tell how soon I'm going to be hit by biters without it.

I have a modless save from when I got this new laptop that I got the Lazy Bastard achievement on, so I still need to check if pollution shows up there as well as in a new game. Probly should also check if anyone has noticed a problem with this in the full release version as well, but I figured I'd give you a heads-up since Angel's mods are the first new mods I've started using recently.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:13 pm
I've noticed an oddity with the pollution button on the map mode while playing, namely that I don't see any pollution at all when I toggle it. I don't really know if this is an ANgel's issue or not (as far as I can tell, Angel's doesn't mess with that stuff), but it's kinda hard to tell how soon I'm going to be hit by biters without it.

I have a modless save from when I got this new laptop that I got the Lazy Bastard achievement on, so I still need to check if pollution shows up there as well as in a new game. Probly should also check if anyone has noticed a problem with this in the full release version as well, but I figured I'd give you a heads-up since Angel's mods are the first new mods I've started using recently.
Can you double check if you have pollution produced in the production statistics, as well as actual biter bases on the map? If not, this might be Angel's Refining.

As of version 0.11.14, Angel's Refining deactivates both biters and pollution by default – if Angel's Exploration is not present.
As of version 0.11.16 deactivation is handled more transparently during map generation settings, with a new Angel's Enemy Multiplyer.

That means if you created your map before 0.11.16 you might have neither pollution nor biters unless you explicitly opted into both via mod settings.

Voidedfactory
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Voidedfactory »

I checked pollution production, and yeah, that shows nothing. However, I do have biters enabled. I guess I missed a mod settings or pre-game settings option to turn on pollution?

Might have to do with biter expansion and such being disabled by default, too. I don't think I changed those when I started this particular scenario, so that might be part of it.

Just have to remember for next time.

EDIT: Is there a way to turn it on mid-game? Or would I have to make a completely new game to enable it?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Dechou wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:25 pm
Don't know if this is already work in progress as it's not a hard to see problem, but anyway: Angel's rework on bob's nuclear system does not apply to the new "deuterium fuel cell 2" recipe, wich makes it extremely broken to the point where you basically have to not use the recipe to maintain any form of balance.

Also, but it's more of a detail, BA crafting menu if very well titied up today, I believe it is thanks to angel industries ? If so, when playing seablock with circuit processing and KS power, the final product of every circuit and the diesel fuel from KS power end up in the old "intermediate products" tab, wich is entirely empty outside of those. Maybe there is a way to force them to the angel's Components and petrochem tab fort the purpose of this modpack wich is rather widely played ?
This is a recent addition to bobs mods, and we didn't make it compatible yet. I made an issue on our todo list.
ShinoHarvest wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:14 pm

this type of tank(sreen below) is interesent patern for train station and greate for cargo ship tanker (because is hard make 2 side dock for ship and extract max pump direct to tank) is possible inspired of this for new tank or give you powered god skin to this moder to help him ^^ (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SuperTanks)

I will NOT remove the petrochem inline tank from petrochem, however I could add it to the storage mod when petrochem is not present. I've added this idea to github.
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:24 pm
I checked pollution production, and yeah, that shows nothing. However, I do have biters enabled. I guess I missed a mod settings or pre-game settings option to turn on pollution?

Might have to do with biter expansion and such being disabled by default, too. I don't think I changed those when I started this particular scenario, so that might be part of it.

Just have to remember for next time.

EDIT: Is there a way to turn it on mid-game? Or would I have to make a completely new game to enable it?
You can with console commands, I'm not sure which you are looking for exactly, so I'll list all of them, it could be usefull to someone else as well:
  • Enable pollution

Code: Select all

/c game.map_settings.pollution.enabled = true

• Enable enemy evolution

/c map_settings.enemy_evolution.enabled = true

• Enable enemy expansion

/c map_settings.enemy_expansion.enabled = true

Voidedfactory
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Voidedfactory »

I"m having a bit of a conundrum regarding nuggets and pebbles.

I'm noticing that all of the sorting recipes--crushed, chunks, crystals, and pure--all have excess nuggets and not enough pebbles to go with it. There is a recipe to crush ore into pebbles, but it takes two to make four pebbles, and that's not enough for any recipe to completely use up all the nuggets that come out. THis usually results in either a big nugget backlog without the pebbles to remove them, or a big pebble backlog in trying to match the nuggets, and usually not enough ore crafted afterwards to make it worth it.

I am basing this off of the layouts I've made, so it's possible I just haven't figured out how to properly ratio everything to get right of any excess on either side. However, I'd like to put all the pebbles and nuggets into ore so I can run it through metallurgy since that gives the most iron plate for the process. Do I just need to funnel the excess nuggets into making extra plates (iron or steel) because the excess is intended, or is there something I'm missing?

Return to β€œAngels Mods”