Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by lovely_santa »

Light wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:51 am
After trying out the CAB, I do like how it's a mobile power plant to help setup outposts, but it's limited to just 500kw which isn't able to sustain a single laser turret.

I've tried adding additional transfer ports, vehicle fusion power, but it's set to 500kw regardless.

This vehicle could be the most valuable crawler for making outposts if the power output could be increased with more equipment, so a few laser turrets and even a radar could be sustained while you build up the perimeter around the CAB. There's a lot of potential here for sure, I just hope it's at least possible.
I am planning on adding mk2 and higher transfer ports, and also adding modules to it (for example auto craft ore into plates), feel free to give some ideas on additional functionality.

Kind regards,
lovely_santa
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Zomis
Inserter
Inserter

Angel's Bio Processing for 0.17 ?

Post by Zomis »

Are there any plans to upgrade Angel's Bio Processing to 0.17 ? https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsbioprocessing

Zenman2010
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Angel's Bio Processing for 0.17 ?

Post by Zenman2010 »

Zomis wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:13 pm
Are there any plans to upgrade Angel's Bio Processing to 0.17 ? https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsbioprocessing
Might try reading back a page or 2 before posting, Might save you some time typing!

But here you go, The answer!
Arch666Angel wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:24 pm
Starfly wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:17 pm
Hello and thank you for your mods.
I recently started a 0.17 game and what I'm missing the most right now are your early-game construction and logistic robots, as well as the crawler. If I may humbly ask you if you're working on 'em and when you plan to release them? The gap to the vanilla robots is far too big in a marathon-deadly-railroad world with your mods ;)

β™₯ Starfly
Glad you like them :) next up on the List is bio and then industries, but industries will probably just get a plain update to 0.17 cause the other changes are not yet ready for release and will take some extensive fixing with all the vanilla changed

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

Just a heads up: newest experimental changes pollution. Values need to be divided by 60 to mesh well with the changes. Current modded buildings will be polluting 60x more than they should until mod update.

I recommend sticking to 0.17.11 to players for the time being.

mageman1842
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mageman1842 »

Not sure if it's all the other mods conflicting, but after the initial starter ore patches none will load onto the map no matter how long I let the radar scan if I have RSO and Infinite ore patches.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

mageman1842 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:13 am
Not sure if it's all the other mods conflicting, but after the initial starter ore patches none will load onto the map no matter how long I let the radar scan if I have RSO and Infinite ore patches.
Upload a save file and I can look into it and if it's related to infinite ores fix it as angel gave me access to that mod

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:17 am
Upload a save file and I can look into it and if it's related to infinite ores fix it as angel gave me access to that mod
Did you place more then one radar to have grater range? And did you play with starting area size setting?
With new map settings if you set it high you will have a long way to nearest resources :D

kenlon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kenlon »

If you're trying to verify if there's a bug with ore generation in your game, I'd recommend using console commands to reveal a huge area to get an actual representative sample:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Revea ... the_player

Set the radius up to 10000 or so and walk away from your computer for a while.

mageman1842
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mageman1842 »

orzelek wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:06 am

Did you place more then one radar to have grater range? And did you play with starting area size setting?
With new map settings if you set it high you will have a long way to nearest resources :D
If you're trying to verify if there's a bug with ore generation in your game, I'd recommend using console commands to reveal a huge area to get an actual representative sample:

@Kingarthur: I'll upload it as soon as i google how to find the folder.
@Orzelek: ill try that too.
@kenlon: Thanks

The thing i noticed in map generation with RSO and Infinate ores was that none of them were placed on the preview map even in the starter area unless I had RSO turned off. Once in the game the starter area would have the 4 ores, coal and oil and gas wells.
RSO-Infinite Ores.zip
the saved game
(11.78 MiB) Downloaded 105 times
*edit*I went out to 1000 and I finally found all 6 ores. I feel that's a bit too sparse for default resource rich map. I don't mind having the resorces spread out but the distances feel like i need to put in a refueling station between the ore patches and the crushing / smelting areas.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:33 am

The thing i noticed in map generation with RSO and Infinate ores was that none of them were placed on the preview map even in the starter area unless I had RSO turned off. Once in the game the starter area would have the 4 ores, coal and oil and gas wells.RSO-Infinite Ores.zip

*edit*I went out to 1000 and I finally found all 6 ores. I feel that's a bit too sparse for default resource rich map. I don't mind having the resorces spread out but the distances feel like i need to put in a refueling station between the ore patches and the crushing / smelting areas.
That's because the preview only shows the noise based generation of terrain and resources. But RSO turns off all ore generation and instead catches the on_chunk_generated event and generates ores in the LUA script. The preview doesn't generate any events so the ore generation from RSO never happens.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

The thing i noticed in map generation with RSO and Infinate ores was that none of them were placed on the preview map even in the starter area unless I had RSO turned off. Once in the game the starter area would have the 4 ores, coal and oil and gas wells.RSO-Infinite Ores.zip

I've loaded the save and I don't think I see the issue. First generated ores are around 250 tile mark... thats how it's supposed to be. Only starting ores are guaranteed in starting area - all others are random and you might need to travel to find all of them. Thats how RSO is supposed to work.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I don't mind having the resorces spread out but the distances feel like i need to put in a refueling station between the ore patches and the crushing / smelting areas.
That should about never be the case. With coal the top speed is 260km/h with a burn time of 6 2/3 s per coal. In vanilla you have three stacks of 50 as fuel, giving you 1000s run time and a range of 36km without refueling at the destination. With Angel's and the bigger stacks you get a lot more range and then there are the fuel items with more then 4MJ that give you even more range.

mageman1842
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mageman1842 »

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:32 am
I've loaded the save and I don't think I see the issue. First generated ores are around 250 tile mark... thats how it's supposed to be. Only starting ores are guaranteed in starting area - all others are random and you might need to travel to find all of them. Thats how RSO is supposed to work.
On my reveal map I was seeing a bunch of steratite but it wasn't until over 750~900 that I saw my first sapherite. I always run out of iron before I run out of copper.
ukezi wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:15 pm

That should about never be the case. With coal the top speed is 260km/h with a burn time of 6 2/3 s per coal. In vanilla you have three stacks of 50 as fuel, giving you 1000s run time and a range of 36km without refueling at the destination. With Angel's and the bigger stacks you get a lot more range and then there are the fuel items with more then 4MJ that give you even more range.
Sure but the distances I was looking at in a fresh game would have me out near the 1000's to get my first iron rich deposit. Also the 4MJ instead of 8MJ of vanilla kinda throws me.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:32 pm
Also the 4MJ instead of 8MJ of vanilla kinda throws me.
That is vanilla since 0.17.

raisins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by raisins »

Boggling at the new bioprocessing stuff.

Saw blades for trees to wood seems fair.

Puffers are even more complicated but now actually useful, probably! Still wrapping my head around it.

Biter breeding still doesn't do anything yet, too bad.

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

I hope biter breeding eventually reaches a point where you can actually hatch friendly biters and have them go out in packs to fight biters. A substitute for artillery so to say! Really looking forward to trying bio processing and it's changes however! Always lived the puffers. Love all systems with feedback loops.

Question for bio: will gardens spawn properly when using alien biomes mod?

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Thanks for the updates Angel,
This bioprocessing recipe is a bit strange:
wood.png
wood.png (79.68 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
I guess it's an artifact from the removal of raw-wood, the 3 wood can be crafted back to 12 cellulose fibre to make a wood creation loop. This recipe was a good sink of sodium hydroxide (from the cellulose paste) in 0.16.

Also, some bioprocessing items have the same fuel_value as they did in 0.16, wood-pellets (12MJ) and wood-bricks (25MJ) for example. Combined with the 100% efficent boilers this gives an increase in energy production. Sea block players seem the be quite happy with this buff to algae farm power generation. If this is an intentional permanent feature then I'll remove the tweaks sea block does to the MK1 algae farm.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Trainwreck wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:00 am
Also, some bioprocessing items have the same fuel_value as they did in 0.16, wood-pellets (12MJ) and wood-bricks (25MJ) for example.
This is a buff I hope is kept.

Wood fuel production is very difficult to sustain compared to coal by a long shot, so it's nice to see some incentive to use the chain as wood production eventually scales up to viable levels throughout the course of the game. This presents a natural curve of progression that balances nicely, unlike coal which is very abundant and strong from the start.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Trainwreck wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:00 am
Thanks for the updates Angel,
This bioprocessing recipe is a bit strange:
wood.png
I guess it's an artifact from the removal of raw-wood, the 3 wood can be crafted back to 12 cellulose fibre to make a wood creation loop. This recipe was a good sink of sodium hydroxide (from the cellulose paste) in 0.16.

Also, some bioprocessing items have the same fuel_value as they did in 0.16, wood-pellets (12MJ) and wood-bricks (25MJ) for example. Combined with the 100% efficent boilers this gives an increase in energy production. Sea block players seem the be quite happy with this buff to algae farm power generation. If this is an intentional permanent feature then I'll remove the tweaks sea block does to the MK1 algae farm.
Yeah the recipe to make wood from basically wood is a bit stupid indeed. Will be removed and I have to think about something else instead.

I'm not sure about the fuel efficiency for wood, it won't stay at these levels but I don't want to just cut it in half as everything else, I'll probably settle somewhere inbetween, except anyone has a better suggestion.

kenken244
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kenken244 »

I think it would be cool to allow you to turn wood bricks into coke, to simulate charcoal. that way we can make carbon without using coal, allowing for a fully zero-fossil-fuels factory.

Return to β€œAngels Mods”