Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

steinio wrote:How about a way to get crushed stone back from mineralized water instead of voiding it?
Could be some enrgy hungry process like cooking the water to vaporize it...
Is this more about solving an issue of too much mineralized water? Seems unlikely to be a desire for another way to get crushed stone since there's dirt water electrolysis to make it for free aside from power.

I can get behind another use for it. The only two I'm seeing are green algae (red science) and crystal slurry to mineral sludge (blue science).

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

steinio wrote:How about a way to get crushed stone back from mineralized water instead of voiding it?
Could be some enrgy hungry process like cooking the water to vaporize it...
Huh? Just feed it back into one of the many uses of mineralized water and stop producing so much of it from crushed stone.

At least I have a lot more crushed stone (or slag) than mineralized water.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I had some issues with current coke recipe.
While I see why it's in smelters now could you give us an option to move it to assemblers?

Having it in smelters is... dangerous. It leads to few bugs from game appearing like inserters putting crushed coal into fuel slot till full stack instead into input slot. Or the fact that using crushed coal as fuel (bob gave coal very nasty pollution penalty) is pretty dangerous for your smelting areas since when they run out of ore even for short time they will suddenly switch to coke production. And coke chasing on main belts begins after that :D

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

now that bob rebalanced the belts to speeds of 10, are you redoing production speeds? Most of your stuff is build in a way you do 12/s with a natural number of machines. So for instance changing it that a crusher MK1 does 2.5/s instead of 3/s

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

do angel will add lake mining ?

like placing a bridge, then put machine in middle of lake to get unwashed ores.

or continue develop bio tech ?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hellatze wrote:do angel will add lake mining ?

Or continue developing at all?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

steinio wrote:

Well it's been two weeks since the last update and one since the last post.

I wouldn't declare Angel dead just yet :).

Unless you know something I don't know.

Thales7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thales7 »

I don't playing the latest version so sorry if it's already diploid.

I don't like to use stone in catalyst process, for me, only the slag shooed be use for this.
I understand the process generate a lot of stone and it's turn a problem.
My suggestion is the concrete: use crushed stone inside slag to create liquid concrete; and liquid concrete and stone brick to create floor concrete.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Thales7 wrote:I don't playing the latest version so sorry if it's already diploid.

I don't like to use stone in catalyst process, for me, only the slag shooed be use for this.
I understand the process generate a lot of stone and it's turn a problem.
My suggestion is the concrete: use crushed stone inside slag to create liquid concrete; and liquid concrete and stone brick to create floor concrete.
And what would that be used for? Floor concrete is not something that has an unlimited drain.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Zyrconia wrote:
steinio wrote:

Me neither.

Just Components and Tech, Exploration and Logistics are still not updated to 0.16.

Very sad :/

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

hewhoispale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hewhoispale »

steinio wrote:
Zyrconia wrote:
steinio wrote:

Me neither.

Just Components and Tech, Exploration and Logistics are still not updated to 0.16.

0.16 is also not actually out yet. Making a mod compatible with an experimental beta build is, to borrow a metaphor, building on a bed of sand.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

hewhoispale wrote:0.16 is also not actually out yet. Making a mod compatible with an experimental beta build is, to borrow a metaphor, building on a bed of sand.
Yes it is. Just because they still release an update now and then doesn't mean it doesn't have a stable version. It was written that 0.16.35 is stable given there's no major bugs.

The moment a new version appears the mod developers will make the adjustments so people can continue to enjoy it on their bed of sand. Then mod developers can also make tweaks to utilise newer features in each experimental update to improve their mods even more. Bugs are then ironed out over time so people can enjoy the mods and contribute to their development without waiting a year for that sand to become a bed of stone. Not that critical bugs are commonplace anyway, as most are just minor inconveniences that frequent autosaves help cover. So... bed of sand? I'd say more like gravel road slowly being paved. There's a bump now and then, but you keep moving forward until you hit the newly paved street at the end.

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

steinio wrote:
Zyrconia wrote:
steinio wrote:

Me neither.

I seem to recall Angel saying those would be worked into Angel's Industries rather than be standalone.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Industries and the science revamp have arrived?

Ok, maybe not. The toggles for mod options don't work so nothing changed in that respect. I also noticed that the bio industries mod won't create raw wood since it's crafted in nothing and the raw wood recipe for 35 and 52 are identical. The trains still don't accept Bob's vehicle equipment so they're still inferior. But it is nice to see an update come out after quite some time, showing us things are moving forward.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Light wrote:Industries and the science revamp have arrived?

Ok, maybe not. The toggles for mod options don't work so nothing changed in that respect. I also noticed that the bio industries mod won't create raw wood since it's crafted in nothing and the raw wood recipe for 35 and 52 are identical. The trains still don't accept Bob's vehicle equipment so they're still inferior. But it is nice to see an update come out after quite some time, showing us things are moving forward.
Science and components are disabled for now, you can enable them in the data.lua file, but it isn't playable yet. You may be right that I removed the wrong tech unlocks and that they are missing for the raw wood, I have to check tomorrow.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Cellulose Fiber Board has no use...

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Last time I complained about the size of the paper industry and how it had very little yield.

I redone it with the latest ratios provided by Angel, and I think it is approximately fixed: the setup bellow produces 4.5 board/second, more than double the yield of my previous setup while being much smaller.

BTW: I can't figure out why the cellulose pulp belt is full. I made some stupid mistake with the math, because that setup was supposed to be on ratio...
Attachments
boards.png
boards.png (3.43 MiB) Viewed 7153 times

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Light wrote:Industries and the science revamp have arrived?

Science and components are disabled for now, you can enable them in the data.lua file, but it isn't playable yet. You may be right that I removed the wrong tech unlocks and that they are missing for the raw wood, I have to check tomorrow.
Welcome back Angel, was worried you'd decided to lay down your tools *relief*.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

got problem for angel smelting.

require petrochem previous ver.

any fix ?

pjf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pjf »

Hey Angel,

Just wanted to say that after a long break I've been playing with the new Bio Industries mod and it's been *fantastic*. Through a bit of exploring I got some bio-plastic running, which gave me just enough to plastic to make a handful of circuits, which in turn meant I could construct some logistic train stations.

The balance feels really good. Exploration is rewarded. Bio-tech provides modest returns at first, but doesn't require a giant petrochem setup, and just having started my third farm I can see how it can grow nicely as more seeds are collected. That feels like it fills a really good niche: small-scale production at the start, scalable production if you work with it.

My only gotcha has been I got lucky with one of the plants that provides crystal dust, but I'm still on my first two science packs, so I'm not anywhere near along enough to be able to use it. Have you considered adding a recipe to turn crystal dust into mineralised water? This would mean I could use it for algae growth or even just void it, rather than having it accumulate until my sulphuric acid chain is running.

Many thanks again for all the amazing work you do!

~ pjf

Return to “Angels Mods”