Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by foodfactorio »

i played some AngelBobYuoki, and managed to get a fairly decent setup with the Washing plant :)

(if you see the picture, it works step by step from the bottom of the screen with the Sea Floor Pump area, 2nd washer from the bottom)
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=57113
download/file.php?id=34052
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

mexmer wrote:
mrvn wrote:
mexmer wrote:...
Got that too now when I tried a new game with a new Sea Block mod pack. Maybe my first mod version was too beta or some other mod interfered with it. On my first try I only ever got wood. Now I got gardens and from those I can strip seeds.

Only got desert gardens in Sea Block though. Needs some fixup to have different biomes on the map.
not sure, how you plan to get other types of biomes in seablock, since you are on desert island and all islands around are desert.

at least from my many hours (in fact it was days of playtime) playing seablock, i never seen anything except desert, unless i made different kind of landfill, but keep in mind, nonvanilla ground doesn't spawn garden.
By changing the map generator hacks so that you have other islands too. A little swamp patch here and temperate island there. I'm also considering changing fertilizer or landfill to have a small chance of growing gardens, maybe just grow it if it was supposed to be there but was removed because of water.
And there is also the option of simply putting some seeds into the starter chest.

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

Suggestions:

Can we have an option within Angel's Infinite Ore to make the infinite ore within the regular ore, without having to use RSO? This would allow people to not have to fiddle with RSO's settings if they want to try vanilla generation. RSO is also not supported by the map generation preview, so if we want to have the combination patches then we won't have the quality of life option to look at a map preview.

Would it be possible to split up infinite ore acid use based on the ore itself and not an all or nothing deal? One easy situation with that is having infinite saphirite and stiratite be mined without the fluids, but the other ores would need it.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Jackalope_Gaming wrote:Suggestions:
Would it be possible to split up infinite ore acid use based on the ore itself and not an all or nothing deal? One easy situation with that is having infinite saphirite and stiratite be mined without the fluids, but the other ores would need it.
Infinite coal doesn't require any chemical, making it a very potent source for a lot of mid/late game chemicals and items. That alone is OP enough to create infinite sulfuric acid, thus nullifying the requirements for those two ores.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Jackalope_Gaming wrote:Suggestions:

Can we have an option within Angel's Infinite Ore to make the infinite ore within the regular ore, without having to use RSO? This would allow people to not have to fiddle with RSO's settings if they want to try vanilla generation. RSO is also not supported by the map generation preview, so if we want to have the combination patches then we won't have the quality of life option to look at a map preview.

you don't need RSO for infinite ores. and you will not see infinite ore patches in preview, because they are created programatically by map generator modification after you start game.

AlexMos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlexMos »

Please explain me how can i get mud or dirty types of water with it. I'm playing 15 hours with Angel mods and I still dont understand and I cant make clay bricks.

Sn1gger
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sn1gger »

AlexMos wrote:Please explain me how can i get mud or dirty types of water with it. I'm playing 15 hours with Angel mods and I still dont understand and I cant make clay bricks.
A seafloor pump and washing plant are what you're after

AlexMos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlexMos »

Thanks! I guess developer would do well to add information about what this building (seafloor pump) produces (in building pop-up window).

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Anyone have any ways to get gardens when using the alien biomes mod? It seems the vanilla biomes are hardcoded (and I'd prefer not to locally edit the mod as that makes putting it on the server more troublesome for players).

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

OvermindDL1 wrote:Anyone have any ways to get gardens when using the alien biomes mod? It seems the vanilla biomes are hardcoded (and I'd prefer not to locally edit the mod as that makes putting it on the server more troublesome for players).
I ended up using console commands to just create them into my inventory and using mod to not disable achievements.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

OvermindDL1 wrote:Anyone have any ways to get gardens when using the alien biomes mod? It seems the vanilla biomes are hardcoded (and I'd prefer not to locally edit the mod as that makes putting it on the server more troublesome for players).
They should still spawn, as alien-biomes uses the vanilla tiles, but they might be super rare. I'll talk to earendal if he can come up with a biomes list, but I'm also open to suggestions. Also might be a case for some super special volcanic gardens?! :D

IanRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IanRaven »

Arch666Angel wrote:
They should still spawn, as alien-biomes uses the vanilla tiles, but they might be super rare. I'll talk to earendal if he can come up with a biomes list, but I'm also open to suggestions. Also might be a case for some super special volcanic gardens?! :D
Angel you can use this code in bio-processing-override.lua to have the gardens in alien biomes.

Code: Select all

if data.raw.tile["frozen-snow-0"] then
	data.raw.tree["temperate-garden"].autoplace.tile_restriction = {"vegetation-blue-grass-1", "vegetation-blue-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-green-grass-1", "vegetation-green-grass-2", "vegetation-green-grass-3", "vegetation-green-grass-4", 
																	"vegetation-mauve-grass-1", "vegetation-mauve-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-olive-grass-1", "vegetation-olive-grass-2",
																	"vegetation-orange-grass-1", "vegetation-orange-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-purple-grass-1", "vegetation-purple-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-red-grass-1","vegetation-red-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-turquoise-grass-1", "vegetation-turquoise-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-violet-grass-1", "vegetation-violet-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-yellow-grass-1", "vegetation-yellow-grass-2"}
	data.raw.tree["temperate-tree-1"].autoplace.tile_restriction = {"vegetation-blue-grass-1", "vegetation-blue-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-green-grass-1", "vegetation-green-grass-2", "vegetation-green-grass-3", "vegetation-green-grass-4", 
																	"vegetation-mauve-grass-1", "vegetation-mauve-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-olive-grass-1", "vegetation-olive-grass-2",
																	"vegetation-orange-grass-1", "vegetation-orange-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-purple-grass-1", "vegetation-purple-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-red-grass-1","vegetation-red-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-turquoise-grass-1", "vegetation-turquoise-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-violet-grass-1", "vegetation-violet-grass-2", 
																	"vegetation-yellow-grass-1", "vegetation-yellow-grass-2"}
	data.raw.tree["desert-garden"].autoplace.tile_restriction = {"mineral-aubergine-sand-1", "mineral-aubergine-sand-2", "mineral-aubergine-sand-3",
																"mineral-beige-sand-1", "mineral-beige-sand-2", "mineral-beige-sand-3", 
																"mineral-black-sand-1", "mineral-black-sand-2", "mineral-black-sand-3", 
																"mineral-brown-sand-1", "mineral-brown-sand-2", "mineral-brown-sand-3",
																"mineral-cream-sand-1", "mineral-cream-sand-2", "mineral-cream-sand-3", 
																"mineral-dustyrose-sand-1", "mineral-dustyrose-sand-2", "mineral-dustyrose-sand-3", 
																"mineral-grey-sand-1", "mineral-grey-sand-2", "mineral-grey-sand-3", 
																"mineral-purple-sand-1", "mineral-purple-sand-2", "mineral-purple-sand-3", 
																"mineral-red-sand-1", "mineral-red-sand-2", "mineral-red-sand-3", 
																"mineral-tan-sand-1", "mineral-tan-sand-2", "mineral-tan-sand-3", 
																"mineral-violet-sand-1", "mineral-violet-sand-2", "mineral-violet-sand-3", 
																"mineral-white-sand-1", "mineral-white-sand-2", "mineral-white-sand-3" 
																}
	data.raw.tree["swamp-garden"].autoplace.tile_restriction = {"mineral-aubergine-dirt-1", "mineral-aubergine-dirt-2", "mineral-aubergine-dirt-3", "mineral-aubergine-dirt-4", "mineral-aubergine-dirt-5", "mineral-aubergine-dirt-6",
																"mineral-beige-dirt-1", "mineral-beige-dirt-2", "mineral-beige-dirt-3", "mineral-beige-dirt-4", "mineral-beige-dirt-5", "mineral-beige-dirt-6",
																"mineral-black-dirt-1", "mineral-black-dirt-2", "mineral-black-dirt-3", "mineral-black-dirt-4", "mineral-black-dirt-5", "mineral-black-dirt-6",
																"mineral-brown-dirt-1", "mineral-brown-dirt-2", "mineral-brown-dirt-3", "mineral-brown-dirt-4", "mineral-brown-dirt-5", "mineral-brown-dirt-6",
																"mineral-cream-dirt-1", "mineral-cream-dirt-2", "mineral-cream-dirt-3", "mineral-cream-dirt-4", "mineral-cream-dirt-5", "mineral-cream-dirt-6", 
																"mineral-dustyrose-dirt-1", "mineral-dustyrose-dirt-2", "mineral-dustyrose-dirt-3", "mineral-dustyrose-dirt-4", "mineral-dustyrose-dirt-5", "mineral-dustyrose-dirt-6", 
																"mineral-grey-dirt-1", "mineral-grey-dirt-2", "mineral-grey-dirt-3", "mineral-grey-dirt-4", "mineral-grey-dirt-5", "mineral-grey-dirt-6", 
																"mineral-purple-dirt-1", "mineral-purple-dirt-2", "mineral-purple-dirt-3", "mineral-purple-dirt-4", "mineral-purple-dirt-5", "mineral-purple-dirt-6",
																"mineral-red-dirt-1", "mineral-red-dirt-2", "mineral-red-dirt-3", "mineral-red-dirt-4", "mineral-red-dirt-5", "mineral-red-dirt-6", 
																"mineral-tan-dirt-1", "mineral-tan-dirt-2", "mineral-tan-dirt-3", "mineral-tan-dirt-4", "mineral-tan-dirt-5", "mineral-tan-dirt-6", 
																"mineral-violet-dirt-1", "mineral-violet-dirt-2", "mineral-violet-dirt-3", "mineral-violet-dirt-4", "mineral-violet-dirt-5", "mineral-violet-dirt-6", 
																"mineral-white-dirt-1", "mineral-white-dirt-2", "mineral-white-dirt-3", "mineral-white-dirt-4", "mineral-white-dirt-5", "mineral-white-dirt-6" 
																}
	data.raw.tree["swamp-tree-1"].autoplace.tile_restriction = {"mineral-aubergine-dirt-1", "mineral-aubergine-dirt-2", "mineral-aubergine-dirt-3", "mineral-aubergine-dirt-4", "mineral-aubergine-dirt-5", "mineral-aubergine-dirt-6",
																"mineral-beige-dirt-1", "mineral-beige-dirt-2", "mineral-beige-dirt-3", "mineral-beige-dirt-4", "mineral-beige-dirt-5", "mineral-beige-dirt-6",
																"mineral-black-dirt-1", "mineral-black-dirt-2", "mineral-black-dirt-3", "mineral-black-dirt-4", "mineral-black-dirt-5", "mineral-black-dirt-6",
																"mineral-brown-dirt-1", "mineral-brown-dirt-2", "mineral-brown-dirt-3", "mineral-brown-dirt-4", "mineral-brown-dirt-5", "mineral-brown-dirt-6",
																"mineral-cream-dirt-1", "mineral-cream-dirt-2", "mineral-cream-dirt-3", "mineral-cream-dirt-4", "mineral-cream-dirt-5", "mineral-cream-dirt-6", 
																"mineral-dustyrose-dirt-1", "mineral-dustyrose-dirt-2", "mineral-dustyrose-dirt-3", "mineral-dustyrose-dirt-4", "mineral-dustyrose-dirt-5", "mineral-dustyrose-dirt-6", 
																"mineral-grey-dirt-1", "mineral-grey-dirt-2", "mineral-grey-dirt-3", "mineral-grey-dirt-4", "mineral-grey-dirt-5", "mineral-grey-dirt-6", 
																"mineral-purple-dirt-1", "mineral-purple-dirt-2", "mineral-purple-dirt-3", "mineral-purple-dirt-4", "mineral-purple-dirt-5", "mineral-purple-dirt-6",
																"mineral-red-dirt-1", "mineral-red-dirt-2", "mineral-red-dirt-3", "mineral-red-dirt-4", "mineral-red-dirt-5", "mineral-red-dirt-6", 
																"mineral-tan-dirt-1", "mineral-tan-dirt-2", "mineral-tan-dirt-3", "mineral-tan-dirt-4", "mineral-tan-dirt-5", "mineral-tan-dirt-6", 
																"mineral-violet-dirt-1", "mineral-violet-dirt-2", "mineral-violet-dirt-3", "mineral-violet-dirt-4", "mineral-violet-dirt-5", "mineral-violet-dirt-6", 
																"mineral-white-dirt-1", "mineral-white-dirt-2", "mineral-white-dirt-3", "mineral-white-dirt-4", "mineral-white-dirt-5", "mineral-white-dirt-6" 
																}
end
Dirt biomes -> swamp gardens and trees
Sand biomes -> desert gardens
Vegetation biomes -> temperate gardens and trees
Frozen and volcanic get nothing but it would be awesome some new gardens specific to these biomes :)

Also you could paint their location on the minimap for the colour blind like me :oops: , I don't know if it is just me but to me those swamp gardens are almost invisible :D

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Just noticed that with 16.22, the game now supports allow_as_intermediate as an optional recipe prototype! This could be a great way to clean up some of the "raw ingredients" windows. I suggest adding "allow-as-intermediate = false" to all casting recipes. That way crafting machines, science etc actually shows the plates we need rather than giving a list of 100 seeds, obscure raw minerals and fluids :P

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

AlexMos wrote:Please explain me how can i get mud or dirty types of water with it. I'm playing 15 hours with Angel mods and I still dont understand and I cant make clay bricks.
hi alex, if you get stuck just scroll up a bit to this post here, its a screen showing the setup i did for getting clay brinks the other day :)
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=19652&start=2320#p339430
brinks = bricks lol :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

i found a rock called "crystal rock" (from angels refining), and it gives me 20 stone when mined by hand...
do you know if this will actually also be able to give anything else? :)

(the rock looks like stone with orange crystal rods inside it)... im guessing that i need more tech to unlock but not sure?

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

mexmer wrote:i think by default cheap steel override is not enabled, so you need 5 plates for 1 steel. you need to enable it mod setting.
I found the mod setting in my current game and indeed, cheap steel override is enabled in Bob's settings.

I tried to start a new game and going to the mod settings, I also found that it was enabled by default. (I've never changed any mod setting before, so I'm confident it's the default.)

Is this something Angels Mods override? Because if so it's not working for me. (I'm still using the 0.15 compatible set of mods.)

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

yes, in 0.16.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I thought you had to be masochistic for petrocem but the new additions to bioprosessing are just something else. so much by products and complexity, it is glorious. But I think maybe a little to strong compared what you need compared to alge processing.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Will the "new" patched gardens spawn on already explored terrain or do i need to go explore further?
I need to push my wall finally a bit so it prolly isnt problem.

Return to “Angels Mods”