Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Neemys »

Zephyrinius wrote:Is the latest bioprocessing compatible with science cost tweaker? I'm unable to put the bio processing science packs into my labs.
I updated SCT to be able to use the bio token in SCT lab. You can grab the update here.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Wouldn't it be cool if some of the farm recipes absorbed pollution? Then strategic placement of farms would be a thing, managing the pollution cloud

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

MadClown01 wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if some of the farm recipes absorbed pollution? Then strategic placement of farms would be a thing, managing the pollution cloud
They already are, algae farms, crop farms and tree aboretums are absorbing, or at least should be, havent tested them yet.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
MadClown01 wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if some of the farm recipes absorbed pollution? Then strategic placement of farms would be a thing, managing the pollution cloud
They already are, algae farms, crop farms and tree aboretums are absorbing, or at least should be, havent tested them yet.
Oh cool! Had no idea, now I'm tempted to mod an infinite research bonus to make them more and more absorbing.

Griffork
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Griffork »

Sorry if I'm missing something or this has been posted before, but I noticed last night that fermentation (final product plastic) is green science but requires Acetane Gas or something which is from Advanced Chemistry 3/4 (can't remember which off the top of my head) which is blue science. Meaning you can't do anything with the fermentation research until that is also researched?

leblanca
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by leblanca »

It would be nice that instead of an Air filter is used to create compressed air if there was an actual Air compressor, would make more sense as air compressor have air filter as one of their components but an air filter doesnt create compressed air it just filter the air.

ACreator
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ACreator »

1st of all id just like to thank you for your awsome mod collection! (definatly cant play factorio withouth it!)

2nd just wanted to know if you planning on updating the Angel's Logistics soon :D ? (or if there is a 0.16 alpha version arround) (looked a few pages back but saw no mention of it).

might be biased on wanting this one running, but finnaly trying 0.16 seablock not playing factorio for 2 years is really getting to me, and the greats let's play i saw included your awsome logistics mod (and now that im getting to blue science, god i understand why).

Anyways thanks for the awsome work and keep working on that bio! (just saw u in a stream mentioning it!) (heck work on all you sweet mods!)

Ruin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ruin »

I really love the new gardens in Bio. It adds a fun exploration dynamic to the game. While I am just barely started, I have noticed that I miss the gardens sometimes when exploring. It would be cool if they placed a distinguishable symbol on the map (kind of like the blue square when you forget a turret out in the wilds). That way, you could practically scan for gardens you missed without rerunning the whole map. Currently, they are just a light green square that blends into all the existing map features. But, in any case, this is a really interesting development of Bio. Nice work :)

Razunter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Razunter »

Lack of changelogs is disappointing. Half of the fun is reading what changed.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Razunter wrote:Lack of changelogs is disappointing. Half of the fun is reading what changed.
Bio-processing --0.5.2
-fixed filtering recipe
-added aboretum
-added ethanol void recipe

Refining --0.9.8
-shifted water-treatment techs

Petrochem --0.7.5
-adjusted tech prerequisites to adjust for the tech shift in refining

ACreator
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ACreator »

im new to this stuff but that sure looks like (at least in my head) logistics stuff......

and like that iv stopped playing until those are out xD (really want to continue my 0.16 seablock) but those just look too damn cool (and usefull in me not devolving to more spaguetti)

kaszak696
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kaszak696 »

Hi, i have a question about the refining recipe generating only iron ore, the one that requires 2 Jivolite and 2 Sapphirite. Since the recipe was changed to require a Mineral Catalyst as well, i can't balance the whole processing chain correctly. It looks like the recipe needs more crushed stone than is generated through ore crushers, and i'm constantly starved for mineral catalysts.

Can this whole thing be balanced? Where can i get the additional crushed stone/slag needed for this? Or maybe i'm not supposed to mainly rely on these single-ore-yield recipes anymore?

IanRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IanRaven »

Nice teaser ;)

By the way, I was looking through your code and found this in line 49 of the file "bio-processing-override.lua":
data.raw.tree["temperate-garden"].autoplace.tile_restriction = {"dirt-red", "dirt-brown", "dirt-tan-dark", "dirt-dark", "dirt-dull-dark", "dirt-grey-dark", "dirt-tan", "dirt", "dirt-dull", "dirt-grey"}
Shouldn't be "swamp-garden" instead of "temperate-garden"?

Thank you for good work.

denadan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by denadan »

kaszak696 wrote: Can this whole thing be balanced? Where can i get the additional crushed stone/slag needed for this? Or maybe i'm not supposed to mainly rely on these single-ore-yield recipes anymore?
you can get slug from electrolysis of "dirt" water.
but also now you need gem catalyst for mid-sorting and hybryd(gem+slug) catalyst for high tier. and i dont know infinte source of gems...

ps. angel logistics?! i miss yellow trains and biulder van.

kenken244
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kenken244 »

I remember a little while ago people were talking about converting hydrogen into steam, which was impossible because of the possibility of infinite energy loops, but I have been thinking: is it possible to create 15C steam? I know it is unrealistic, but if the game can support it, it would allow the steam to be used in cracking recipes and such, without being able to extract any energy from it.

Cyan_Leader
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyan_Leader »

I'm interested in Angel's Smelting and Refining but not Petrochem. I know Refining can be used independently but I really need Petrochem for Smelting?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

denadan wrote:
kaszak696 wrote: Can this whole thing be balanced? Where can i get the additional crushed stone/slag needed for this? Or maybe i'm not supposed to mainly rely on these single-ore-yield recipes anymore?
you can get slug from electrolysis of "dirt" water.
but also now you need gem catalyst for mid-sorting and hybryd(gem+slug) catalyst for high tier. and i dont know infinte source of gems...

ps. angel logistics?! i miss yellow trains and biulder van.
I have several theories, which might help:
- Infinite source of geodes exists with washing. There's is no nodules anymore, but geodes. This may help with mineral sludge in the long term. I have to try it, if it works out.
- The dirt water electrolysis is great for additional crushed stone or mineral sludge. Try seablock :) It requires a lot of energy, though.
- For early iron plates, I have the plan to use the ferrous ore (saphirite, jivolite and rubyte) to get iron and manganese ore/ingots and melt them to iron plates. This doesnt require mineral catalysts. But it doesnt help with steel until blue science. Will see, how its works.
Cyan_Leader wrote:I'm interested in Angel's Smelting and Refining but not Petrochem. I know Refining can be used independently but I really need Petrochem for Smelting?
Smelting requires many different chemicals. I dont think, it could be done independent from petrochem, without sacrificing a lot of content.
But if you want to try smelting, then petrochem is not much more complicated then that ;)

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

kaszak696 wrote:
Can this whole thing be balanced? Where can i get the additional crushed stone/slag needed for this? Or maybe i'm not supposed to mainly rely on these single-ore-yield recipes anymore?

i have 5 lines for my copper and iron smelting

line 1 is sapr -> iron copper & slag
line 2 is jivo -> iron copper & slag
line 3 is saph + jivo + catalyst -> iron
line 4 is strit -> copper

line 3 is priority output and the copper from the sorting is also priority. You"ll need gigantic buffers though. I think i had 500k copper ore before i got to the copper using alternatives that research gives.

cellular
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cellular »

I think ferric and cupric sorting are the new intended solutions for iron and copper. Ferric sorting has the property that everything you get from it can be smelted with iron. So crushed ferric sorting converts 2 mixed ore into 1 iron ore and 1 manganese ore, and iron and manganese ore can be smelted together in a 1:1 ratio to get iron. Also, at the cost of a little lubricant you can do powder sorting combined with a mixture of pure iron smelting and iron+manganese smelting to get nickel production slaved to iron production (and I think you'll always want more iron than nickel). There's also a smelting recipe for 2:1:1 iron:nickel:cobalt, which works nicely with the dust sorting and allows the ore to be stretched out further at the cost of thermal water and sulfuric acid.

Cupric sorting is less useful, but the crushed sorting definitely gives you sinkless tinned copper wire. But then the next two products are silicon and silver - silicon can't be used with copper directly, although I think you'll generally want more tinned copper wire than silicon so you can probably use cupric powder sorting as your main silicon production. But the next one is silver, which as far as I can tell is mostly useless unless you want upgraded solar panels...

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

cellular wrote:I think ferric and cupric sorting are the new intended solutions for iron and copper. Ferric sorting has the property that everything you get from it can be smelted with iron. So crushed ferric sorting converts 2 mixed ore into 1 iron ore and 1 manganese ore, and iron and manganese ore can be smelted together in a 1:1 ratio to get iron. Also, at the cost of a little lubricant you can do powder sorting combined with a mixture of pure iron smelting and iron+manganese smelting to get nickel production slaved to iron production (and I think you'll always want more iron than nickel). There's also a smelting recipe for 2:1:1 iron:nickel:cobalt, which works nicely with the dust sorting and allows the ore to be stretched out further at the cost of thermal water and sulfuric acid.

Cupric sorting is less useful, but the crushed sorting definitely gives you sinkless tinned copper wire. But then the next two products are silicon and silver - silicon can't be used with copper directly, although I think you'll generally want more tinned copper wire than silicon so you can probably use cupric powder sorting as your main silicon production. But the next one is silver, which as far as I can tell is mostly useless unless you want upgraded solar panels...
Is there a chart for all that somewhere?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Angels Mods”