Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

koopa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by koopa »

Hello,

Is it normal that jivolite processing and rubyte processing now produce sulfuric waste instead of fluoric waste and nitric waste?
This broke the current setup obviously, but does it means fluoric and nitric waste will disapear since we can produce it anymore? Fluoric was already hard to get...

Thanks ! And thanks for all the time you put in these mods, it's awesome!

Edit: Also, the used coolant filtering doesn't seem to work? I barreled the used coolant (at 300) but when it is unbarreled it's back at 25, maybe that's why ? Is it by design?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

koopa wrote:Hello,
Is it normal that jivolite processing and rubyte processing now produce sulfuric waste instead of fluoric waste and nitric waste?
This broke the current setup obviously, but does it means fluoric and nitric waste will disapear since we can produce it anymore? Fluoric was already hard to get...
O crap, dat bug, hydro refing is broken, but leaching is must work, WUT :shock: ? And how about another waste waters, we can't get them...... also i can't find option in game menu for acid triggers
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

aklesey1 wrote:Coolant cleaning recipes with coal and ceramic filters not working - i'm putting used coolant into input, injecting coal filter into filtration unit and....... nothing.... machine not working.... temperature of coolant is 299.45 its more then 295 in recipe condition

Ouch.... i don't know why but temperature of coolant can decrease on the way to filtration unit... and it can occur accidentally and at any time, even I don't know, may be its no safety to transport coolant in pipes? May be i need to transport it by barrels
Barreling will always reset the temperature to 25°, it works fine in my test setup. I adjusted the recipe conditions a bit, maybe that helps, first time for me to tinker with the temperature conditions.

koopa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by koopa »

Just updated, but now we cannot barrel the used coolant and cleaned coolant?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

koopa wrote:Just updated, but now we cannot barrel the used coolant and cleaned coolant?
Yeah that was a mistake, barreling would make the cooling tower superfluous :)

Edit: Found the refining bug, fixing it now. It has to do with the updated scripts and conversion of the overrides.

koopa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by koopa »

Yep, when the used coolant is at > 295 it enters the filtration machine at it seems to work just fine.
Will continue testing after your next fix ;)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

koopa wrote:Yep, when the used coolant is at > 295 it enters the filtration machine at it seems to work just fine.
I made the temperature window a bit bigger for the cooling recipes, hope that it works better now. Uploading a fix for refining now.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Recipe for bronze looks not right = 18 copper + 12 tin +6 nickel must be 36 bronze but not 24
For now it means that recipe is 18 copper + 6 nickel +12 tin = 24 bronze and 12 tin is going to void? right? Or if it is correct to be expressed, tin plays a role of impurity additive?

Separate thanks for Iron sheet coil - if i'll have many molten iron i'll be able to produce iron plates with big speed, heh ш I imagine how it can be fast with speed modules, it'll really cool :D

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666angel u said bob's recipes are overrided but recipe for solder plate, electrum plate and invar plate are still available with bob's electric metal mixing furnace
Some unpleasant that these recipes are broken i need to rebuild some part of my base to get bronze and brass again - after all will not thoughtlessly be updated to new versions, but partly it can be corrected, if i'll prepare on old version of Angel Smelting

it is possible to take an interest and whether you are going to work soon over Components mod and Logistcs mod?

koopa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by koopa »

Arch666Angel wrote: I made the temperature window a bit bigger for the cooling recipes, hope that it works better now. Uploading a fix for refining now.
It seems all right now! Thanks

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Thanks to the new geothermal mod appearing, I was reminded of a question I had many months, if not a year ago.
Back in 0.14 it seemed like thermal water would have been perfect for steam engines due to it being 100 degrees already, but it failed to function despite anything else at that temperature working just fine.

Would you consider allowing thermal water to be converted via some recipe into steam to be used as an alternate process of electrical power for steam engines? or even turbines?

Geothermal energy would be very useful to those who have many fissures and wish to utilize other clean power generation methods. This was something I was hoping to see when I first discovered thermal water and I would love to hear your opinion on this concept as a potential addition to your mods.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

aklesey1 wrote:Arch666angel u said bob's recipes are overrided but recipe for solder plate, electrum plate and invar plate are still available with bob's electric metal mixing furnace
Some unpleasant that these recipes are broken i need to rebuild some part of my base to get bronze and brass again - after all will not thoughtlessly be updated to new versions, but partly it can be corrected, if i'll prepare on old version of Angel Smelting

it is possible to take an interest and whether you are going to work soon over Components mod and Logistcs mod?
The bronze recipe has an error indeed, as well as one of the brass recipes. Yeah the plates recipes are replaced, if you have them selected in a machine they will stay though. Next up will probably be bio processing, then the others.
Light wrote:Thanks to the new geothermal mod appearing, I was reminded of a question I had many months, if not a year ago.
Back in 0.14 it seemed like thermal water would have been perfect for steam engines due to it being 100 degrees already, but it failed to function despite anything else at that temperature working just fine.

Would you consider allowing thermal water to be converted via some recipe into steam to be used as an alternate process of electrical power for steam engines? or even turbines?

Geothermal energy would be very useful to those who have many fissures and wish to utilize other clean power generation methods. This was something I was hoping to see when I first discovered thermal water and I would love to hear your opinion on this concept as a potential addition to your mods.
I could just add a matching recipe to the cooling tower so you can change the temp of thermal water with the gain of some steam.

buggy123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by buggy123 »

Is it just me, or does it seem like the second & third tier of titanium smelting should be swapped? Ore>proccessed>tetrachloride>sponge>ingots is much more complicated than ore>processed>pellet>ingot. The former requires the input of a chemical (chlorine), and requires fluid handling, while the latter is essentially the same as tier 3 iron processing, barring the slightly increased difficulty of making carbon and calcium chloride instead of coke and limestone.

NeilN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NeilN »

I don't know if this is a problem with Angels or Foreman as this is my first time producing Tungsten plates but Foreman crashes when I try to enter a fixed rate for the powder mixture to plate recipe (the image parameter is null). Further investigation reveals a lot of crashing on different recipes (powder mixture, nickel plates, etc.). Rolling back today's changes causes the crashes to go away.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:idea:
Arch666Angel wrote:
koopa wrote:Yep, when the used coolant is at > 295 it enters the filtration machine at it seems to work just fine.
I made the temperature window a bit bigger for the cooling recipes, hope that it works better now. Uploading a fix for refining now.
Hello Bro!
Please big please

Add alternatinity pump 2 and technology
small pump - you pump bigger (( by base bigger!!
2017-07-16_6-45-44.jpg
2017-07-16_6-45-44.jpg (307.87 KiB) Viewed 7652 times

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Wow Angel, that is really cool update, yure the best! :D
Arch666Angel wrote: I could just add a matching recipe to the cooling tower so you can change the temp of thermal water with the gain of some steam.
It would be amazing in eco-friendly game style.

btw: Is not too much pollution produced by an electric boiler? :roll:

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

NeilN wrote:I don't know if this is a problem with Angels or Foreman as this is my first time producing Tungsten plates but Foreman crashes when I try to enter a fixed rate for the powder mixture to plate recipe (the image parameter is null). Further investigation reveals a lot of crashing on different recipes (powder mixture, nickel plates, etc.). Rolling back today's changes causes the crashes to go away.
I bet that foreman has issues with recipes that include recursion, everything that includes materials going in a loop.
Sedar wrote:Wow Angel, that is really cool update, yure the best! :D
Arch666Angel wrote: I could just add a matching recipe to the cooling tower so you can change the temp of thermal water with the gain of some steam.
It would be amazing in eco-friendly game style.

btw: Is not too much pollution produced by an electric boiler? :roll:
I adjusted the boiler pollution to be less.

---
I could use some input for the expensive mode:
-Which recipes should have an expensive/marathon version? I already made a pass through all recipes for buildings. I thought about crushed/chunks/crystals/pure to smeltable ores and molten to plates maybe.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666angel where to use huge counts of resin and rubber if i can create mass production in petrochem?
Now
Resin - phenolic board, rubber
Rubber - insulated wire only

Have u nay plans for more useful application of these products?

urmet
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by urmet »

Hi. How can I reset research or otherwise fix the damage the last update did? Tinned copper wire is no longer craftable because I have already researched advanced tin smelting 2. :cry:

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

urmet wrote:Hi. How can I reset research or otherwise fix the damage the last update did? Tinned copper wire is no longer craftable because I have already researched advanced tin smelting 2. :cry:
Sorry, what? My bob's recipe for tinned copper wire is still available with new update and i researched all starting technologies

Return to “Angels Mods”