Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Diedel
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Diedel »

Mobius1 wrote:Hey angel, since Factorio made steam a new fluid and since universal fluid barreling is a thing (even tho I noticed that they intentionally blocked barreling of steam) could you, like, enable the steam barreling?
its as easy as this:

Code: Select all

data.raw["fluid"]["steam"].auto_barrel = true
(I may or may not have made a mod myself just to enable that barreling feature)

Now that your Steam Crackers use steam and since all my chemical facilities uses barrels all the way on every step of the process, steam not being barreled would produce me a nightmare of piping.
And now i want an electric boiler

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

need recipe bronze plate in agnel's mod for science pack 3

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

magals wrote:need recipe bronze plate in agnel's mod for science pack 3

It's not Angel's mods that do this, it's Bob's Tech.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Diedel wrote:And now i want an electric boiler
Done!
Last edited by Mobius1 on Sun May 14, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Angels bioprocessing should not disable the big artifact technology if bob's enemies is present.

I have the mod present so I can have the extra complexity in recipes using artifacts and having to craft the artifacts with bioprocessing but I have bitters spawning disabled.
I only want the extra tech tree complexity, not the actually murdering, so this technology needs to be present

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

ukezi wrote:I have a question, why is petrochem dependent on refining? I think I would like to try pertrochem without the refining.
Well Petrochems need the functions that Refining provides, it need several resources that are introduced with refining mainly the different water resources, that's why they are dependent on each other.
Mobius1 wrote:
Kane wrote:How would you know the temperature?
The temperature of the fluid depends on the pipe, not on the fluid itself, the steam is just a fluid that triggers the heat on the pipe.

The temperature is a variable of the fluid, so you could set the output of the unbarreling to a certain temperature, but not make it dynamic. I'm thinking about adding a non efficient electric heater so you can produce steam easier on a local scale.

---
The think tank came up with a solution to the barreler problem:
Arumba wrote: loaders appear to bypass the issue
using a loader to fill an unbarreler forces it to not go stupid-mode
and overriding the barreler side with a stack override at 1 keeps that side running
we solved it
well, we made a pair of blueprints that make it work
unbarreling:
barreling:

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Mobius1 wrote:
Done!
Did you do the math if it's less efficient than the coal boiler?

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Are we missing the barreling of smelting fluids?

I thought it could be an upgrade bug so I created a new world and even there I cant barrel smelted fluids.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Did you do the math if it's less efficient than the coal boiler?
It takes precisely the same ammount of energy but instead of fuel energy, it takes electric energy tossing 40% less pollution on the air. Those were the changes, didn't really did a playthrough to test it yet.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

nagapito wrote:Are we missing the barreling of smelting fluids?

I thought it could be an upgrade bug so I created a new world and even there I cant barrel smelted fluids.
Angel disabled it by default. The metallurgy liquids won't be able to be barreled by default just like steam.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Mobius1 wrote:

Angel disabled it by default. The metallurgy liquids won't be able to be barreled by default just like steam.
Panic attack!!! My huge factory!!!

Wait... by default....checking settings.... PANIC!!!!!

Why? I have an huge smelting area, I cant trust on funky fluid mechanics inside pipes!

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

nagapito wrote:
Mobius1 wrote:

Panic attack!!! My huge factory!!!

Wait... by default....checking settings.... PANIC!!!!!

Why? I have an huge smelting area, I cant trust on funky fluid mechanics inside pipes!
Fluid wagons are a thing you know
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Ok... what started has trying to override some of Angel chagnes that I dont agree with is ending up in a total academic investigation!!!

What is preventing, in the code, for molten resources to be (un)barreled? What is preventing the game to create the barrel recipes for these fluids?
I am looking at other fluids, like alien spores, that have just identical declarations and they have the barrel recipes made by the game but molten fluids dont!

Edit: Ignore me... I was blind :P

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Anyone using angels and bobs in 0.15? I'm new to using both not sure if their ready yet to play or i should wait a while.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

I just noticed, that Angels pumps are steeping over bob's pumps making them totally unusable!

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Kane wrote:Anyone using angels and bobs in 0.15? I'm new to using both not sure if their ready yet to play or i should wait a while.
Bob's mods are playable as they are and I personally haven't found any bugs with them. I'm currently not using Angel's mods until they're in a more complete state and there are fewer recurring bug reports in this subforum, but Bob's mods work fine so far. I wouldn't recommend starting with Bob's and adding Angel's later to the same world though, it will break things.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

eloquentJane wrote:
Kane wrote:Anyone using angels and bobs in 0.15? I'm new to using both not sure if their ready yet to play or i should wait a while.
Bob's mods are playable as they are and I personally haven't found any bugs with them. I'm currently not using Angel's mods until they're in a more complete state and there are fewer recurring bug reports in this subforum, but Bob's mods work fine so far. I wouldn't recommend starting with Bob's and adding Angel's later to the same world though, it will break things.
Thanks for the info.

Diedel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Diedel »

Mobius1 wrote:
Done!
Very nice, saw it is also already on the portal, also grabbed the steam barreling while at it.

I am not sure if it is a conflict with one of the many mods i use, but the electric boiler throws an invalid prototype array exception in the dataloader.lua and only want to disable the electric-boiler mod, nothing else.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Mobius1 wrote: Now that your Steam Crackers use steam and since all my chemical facilities uses barrels all the way on every step of the process, steam not being barreled would produce me a nightmare of piping.
I totally missed this! Makes sense, its a Steam cracker but.... evil!!! evil!!!! :P

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

I don't see why an inability to barrel steam would be such a bad thing. I imagine in most cases it'll be simpler (and result in less usage of the train network) to produce steam on-site where it's needed. Same with a lot of items and fluids that have very few uses. It would also make more sense in terms of realism to produce steam on-site than to move it around from another location, though I know not everyone cares that much about realism.

Return to “Angels Mods”