Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by aklesey1 »

orzelek wrote:Also the crystal slurry ceramic filtering is slightly broken since it returns 1 crystal seedling out of 5 slurry.

As for aluminium filters - I'm not convinced to start using them. Also 0.8 ceramic filter in recipe is a probability AFAIK so you can lose the frame in the pocess (at least thats how it works on slurry to ores from short observation).

Would you be willing to add different ore combination to create gem seeds?
I'm sorry this bug is fixed already? Or it will be fixed in next version?
And question? Will ceramic filter use real ceramics from bob mod? I want to use many silicon from stones to produce ceramics
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

aklesey1 wrote:
orzelek wrote:Also the crystal slurry ceramic filtering is slightly broken since it returns 1 crystal seedling out of 5 slurry.

As for aluminium filters - I'm not convinced to start using them. Also 0.8 ceramic filter in recipe is a probability AFAIK so you can lose the frame in the pocess (at least thats how it works on slurry to ores from short observation).

Would you be willing to add different ore combination to create gem seeds?
I'm sorry this bug is fixed already? Or it will be fixed in next version?
And question? Will ceramic filter use real ceramics from bob mod? I want to use many silicon from stones to produce ceramics
Yeah will be fixed and changed so ceramic filters wont break anymore, but you need more of them to run the filtration.

Alumina or aluminium oxide is a ceramic by definition.

Edit: But I will consider changing it to another more late game ceramic.

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

Thanks for answer. In reguards of new icons override. Happy to see half recipes are temporary as I thought, and you was just eager to give alpha to play and test us around with those slight fixes.

In reguards of barrelling is anyone uses barrelling for close transportation? I meen belts are useful, but pipes are much faster due to pressure. And drawbacks of levels fall off on long distances(usually not that long) can be combated with pumps.
What I find it usefull is for logistics. I like to use belts and pipes for production chain transportation inside factory.Robots for service(aka ammo to turrets and low quantity nonserial production). So only time I would use barrelling is for train transportation between factories. I find it is usefull to have separate processes bunched up in one place. And transport results for farther processing to other places via trains.

This simplifies logistics so much. Less pipes and belts interweaving into strange patterns. Yes you need pretty good rail system to let your trains move smooth but it pays of. Trains so far the most effective transportation system when you need transport alot, while belts and pipes are best system for serial supply. So barreling could be useful for using already existing train network for transportation instead of building one extra chain of long pipes to next area even inside one factory. So barrelling for all liquids or transformating to some one transportation liquid even if it is less effective is useful for such purposes though it indeed can be added later.

I am ok with your icons I ment there is no need to exist 2 of same and overides are good especially where override is litterally 1 to 1 without any changes, but icon. Would seem that it would also simplify processes because you don't need to convert one resource to another.
Now you have to spend time to fix mistakes in source of mistakes which would cease to exist later, due to simple icon override (if it possible, but I think icon path is same extention member as others). Though it is your time so how you spend it is not my deal.

As for other overrides that come with new intermediates, into recipe. I'd say it as separate mod is better. (Config value is good too, but for everyone would be better just not download mod if they don't want overrides). Bob did this with all of his mods and I'd say it is pretty good practice as leaves people happy with what they can get without extra downloads.

As much as I dislike how modules done in the game and they could be much better and more interesting(in details and how they work so there would be more modules with different kinds of modules). Still bob's mod only allows productivity modules on exclusive recipes. So adding some of your recipes, you want productivity modules to be used, is good thing, becaus bob's mod would block productivity modules othervice.

Edit: Also, aww on 1 to 1 process of cleaning for ceramic filters. Logistics were more difficult then just lead belt and let pickups to have constant supply of filters full and exhaust of used filters empty.(required feeders, sorter loops and belt fillup sensor constructions. to have constant non diminishing supply of filters without backing up one or another.)

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

A thought I've had is that most vanilla recipes should have their inputs changed to purified water when angel's refining is installed. It'd definitely make a nice config option.

jaxterity
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jaxterity »

Hey all!

I have a question about Yuoki mods. I do not seem to find any research in game or anything regarding how to get Yuoki ores when you have Angels mods installed. It says it supports it, but I see it no where to be found. Any ideas?

Regards

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

jaxterity wrote:Hey all!

I have a question about Yuoki mods. I do not seem to find any research in game or anything regarding how to get Yuoki ores when you have Angels mods installed. It says it supports it, but I see it no where to be found. Any ideas?

Regards
First it is infinite ores mod which rules spawn of ores.
I dunno if youki's ores can be switched for generation, but angel's ores mod disables standard ores.

Second there is config inside mod archive,look there if ores available. You can get after refining if you have refining mod. I dunno though if you can use some oil recipes for youki mod at least now. But there is conversion recipes at least for light oil and petrolium gas. IF you have angel's refining mod, some of later ore refining recipes may contain youki's ores, though it is not that necessary because you can synthesize youki's ores from pretty much nothing.

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

aklesey1 wrote:Angel i believe petrochem mod will be very great addition to bob mods, please don't make replace in bob mods, changing of some recipies is optimal variant - for example - recipie of lithia water and is changed as i can saw, looks good
Your mods and bob mods must be good friends? making override is interesting idea but i think many people don't want many override mods
I'll wait when you finish technology tree and many people can start testing the petrochem mod =)
I am not author, but don't worry. Most likely changes would be optional. There is no reason this mod link to other fixed. What I ment by integration is the fact is this mod is good tool as it gives alot of more intermediates to play in other mods. So it would only benefit if other mods would either integrate it as an option or this mod would put get use of new intermediates and change/replace some recipes(via separate mod or as an option. I never ment it as destroing bob's production chains)
There likely would be replacements but 1 to 1 to reduce number of recipes. Basically nothing more than cosmetic. What I ment some replacement for excusive recipes. What I mostly ment is either new items or some recipes changed to fit new petrochemicals as separate mod or option.

P.s. Forgot to write in last post. But there could be trouble with cobalt catalists if cobalt ore is not enabled. Could we get catalists from cobalt-steel bars or cobalt oxide instead, would it be logical?

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:( bug

angelspetrochem
Attachments
bandicam 2016-08-07 00-40-37-459.jpg
bandicam 2016-08-07 00-40-37-459.jpg (69.48 KiB) Viewed 6348 times

Everspace
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Everspace »

I noticed that you tend to repeat yourself when interfacing with other mods or twiddling things when dealing with config options. This leads to confusion and bugs. Like blueprinting, try to just state or build things once.

Consider when writing your ores and such, the following format:
refactoring
I have to brush up on my Lua, but the above should work and be cleaner and easier to maintain.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Every time I try and go into my base the damn petrochem train shows up moving along at 20km/h.

https://youtu.be/Ii4Z59isxpY

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Nexela wrote:Every time I try and go into my base the damn petrochem train shows up moving along at 20km/h.

:shock:
Ahahaha lol :lol: :lol: you made my day

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Nexela wrote:Every time I try and go into my base the damn petrochem train shows up moving along at 20km/h.

Awesome that needs to be a looped gif :D

-changed splitter to work in stop mode
-added temporary barrel recipes for all fluids

https://github.com/Arch666Angel/angelsp ... _0.1.2.zip

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

So i downloaded petrochem, looks good, i can see many compatibility points with bob mods
1) Catalysts - cool idea, i'll watch for development of this addition
2) 3 types of resin - may we'll have new recipes with using these resins
3) Many new types of gases - more realistic system of raw products, the accent on processing of already existing types of gases
4) Its good to see that water from this mod can be used with some same bob chain recipies
5) Angel mod system now acquires some parts of logistic mod if we look in some descriptions of new entities
That's all looks useful but chain of getting raw gases copies chain in bob mods like getting chlorine, sulfur, hydrogen chloride and oxygen - so this more useful replacing of bob chain
Now i can understand why thinking about new overhaul, i think your mods will be improving of bob mods system, this will be a continuation of its ideas

As i can see 2 your mods - refinering and petrochem is basic fundament of processing raw materials + ores mod, which takes many resources from another mods and unite them into system, thus we have may ways to expanding by using many possibilities - processing mod is the intermediate stage - bob mods now if I may say so is endgame stage, its allow to make new cool things with its mods system - electronics, new fantastic inserters, warfare technologies, logistic technologies with logistic mods (including some small additions with roboport technology)
May be petrochem was some part of refinering mod in past? many of the elements intersect as i can see

As for me I would like to see manipulation of matter on nano level, like the development of nano technologies now, may be some new alloys, Youki mod takes new alien resources (his own ores) and bring something same, something from sci-fi

P. S. I'm sorry for being too annoying with this log review of early development mod, I simply wanted to ask, how do you evaluate the time of the development of technology tree
When technology tree will be ready, mod will have some structure and form, so we can test it and help you to improve mod

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

aklesey1 wrote:So i downloaded petrochem, looks good, i can see many compatibility points with bob mods
1) Catalysts - cool idea, i'll watch for development of this addition
2) 3 types of resin - may we'll have new recipes with using these resins
3) Many new types of gases - more realistic system of raw products, the accent on processing of already existing types of gases
4) Its good to see that water from this mod can be used with some same bob chain recipies
5) Angel mod system now acquires some parts of logistic mod if we look in some descriptions of new entities
That's all looks useful but chain of getting raw gases copies chain in bob mods like getting chlorine, sulfur, hydrogen chloride and oxygen - so this more useful replacing of bob chain
Now i can understand why thinking about new overhaul, i think your mods will be improving of bob mods system, this will be a continuation of its ideas

As i can see 2 your mods - refinering and petrochem is basic fundament of processing raw materials + ores mod, which takes many resources from another mods and unite them into system, thus we have may ways to expanding by using many possibilities - processing mod is the intermediate stage - bob mods now if I may say so is endgame stage, its allow to make new cool things with its mods system - electronics, new fantastic inserters, warfare technologies, logistic technologies with logistic mods (including some small additions with roboport technology)
May be petrochem was some part of refinering mod in past? many of the elements intersect as i can see

As for me I would like to see manipulation of matter on nano level, like the development of nano technologies now, may be some new alloys, Youki mod takes new alien resources (his own ores) and bring something same, something from sci-fi

P. S. I'm sorry for being too annoying with this log review of early development mod, I simply wanted to ask, how do you evaluate the time of the development of technology tree
When technology tree will be ready, mod will have some structure and form, so we can test it and help you to improve mod
My mods are really about blowing things up, the result stays the same but the way to get the result should get a lot more complicated but also let's you choose which way to get a certain result you want to take.

Refining and Petrochem are the primary resource mods.

The bioprocessing will be a secondary resource mod -> it provides and converts some resources (waste water to algae to cellulose to methanol -> Petrochem for example), you could also add the water treatment to this section

Then there will be smelting which is providing plates and all the basic materials from metals and alloys.

After that comes the components which will be the parts for everything else.

A tech overhaul which tiers techs together and adds specialized science packs and maybe exploration to unlock special/rare techs.

That's a very crude explanation of what I have in mind as a whole, which of course will change and evolve over time as things go on.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Soon: Themed ore silos (they are just fancy chests), storage slots 224
Attachments
silos.png
silos.png (163.36 KiB) Viewed 6462 times

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

I really like how the Science Cost Tweaker mod has completely different products for science packs. None of the inserter/conveyors for green science for example.

It also makes Resin immediately part of the science chain. I still, personally, think the Greenhouses are immersion breaking, so I'm looking forward to trying to get resin going super early.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Soon: Themed ore silos (they are just fancy chests), storage slots 224
I like that hi-tech style graphics, really amazing :o

Smelting mod is in plans, i know it was truth, new alloys like invar and nitinol in bob mods, that's will be interesting

Hmmmmm, you said about bio processing - we have some part of alien bio processing in angels processing
I'm using Bio Industries, its provides some kind nature bio processing - with trees, and some eco technologies which can clean pollution

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Could someone who knows more about Natural Gas give me some suggestions?

I'm thinking about mixing the KS Energy mods with the new Petrochem mods to make Natural Gas fired power plants. I'd like to make a regular gas powered generator but also a combined cycle option.

I've played around and I think I could make the recipes but I have a couple of questions:

1) For maximum realism, which actual gasses should have steam recipes? Just Methane? Raw natural gas? All of them?
2) I'm not sure how to make a generator building have a by product. Is there such a thing?

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

StormTAG wrote:Could someone who knows more about Natural Gas give me some suggestions?

I'm thinking about mixing the KS Energy mods with the new Petrochem mods to make Natural Gas fired power plants. I'd like to make a regular gas powered generator but also a combined cycle option.

I've played around and I think I could make the recipes but I have a couple of questions:

1) For maximum realism, which actual gasses should have steam recipes? Just Methane? Raw natural gas? All of them?
2) I'm not sure how to make a generator building have a by product. Is there such a thing?
Al of them burns except maybe acidic gases. Sad there is no poltion factor for fuels. Also this mod has no fuel value on most gases, so they can't power stations unless you make those from gases,

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

1) Arch666Angel tell to us for what we need 4 types of valves? Tell please what they do
2) Question about converter valve - as i can understand we can convert only angel resources to another resources but not reverse? :?:
What if i want to convert, for example, chlorine from bob mods to angel mod chlorine?
Converter valves works some strange - sometimes it did action from 1 tick and stop working if it connected to petrochem gas tank, if it connected to vanilla storage tanks all works normal, strange bug
All converting recipes are very simple, why not to add reverse recipies - what for me i want to use all resources in one complex
3) Saline water have 2 ways to use - refinering mod and petrochem mod
Recipes are different:
a) 4 saline water = 1 sodium hydroxide + 1 chlorine + 1 hydrogen - in refinering mod - 0,25 chlorine on 1 saline water + 0,25 hydrogen on saline water + 0,25 sodium hydroxide on saline water
b) 10 saline water = 1 sodium hydroxide + 4 chlorine + 6 hydrogen - in petrochem mod - 0,4 chlorine on saline water + 0,6 hydrogen on saline water + 0,1 sodium hydroxide on saline water
So now we can produce big amount of hydrogen, a little less amount of chlorine (for me its sad because i need more chlorine for my tasks) and very small amount of sodium hydroxide, its looks like its mass production of hydrogen, but i donno where to use big amounts of hydrogen - i'm using CMHmod - this mod changes solid fuel from hydrogen recipe - now i need coal for that but not only hydrogen

Return to “Angels Mods”