Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Arch666Angel »

Eeeek:
-No technologies yet
-Recipes localization missing
-Recipes need balancing

Beware that this is an alpha "test" release and it might be savegame breaking, needs refining and bobmods to run.

Edit 2: And of course you best need RSO for the Gas Wells to spawn properly

https://github.com/Arch666Angel/angelsp ... _0.1.1.zip

Biggest questionmark at the moment is the fluid splitter, I can set it up to work in two different ways:
1. It will split fluids as it should be, if one of the output pipes is full/blocked it will stop working
2. It will split fluids evenly to all output pipes, if one pipe is blocked the output will be lost, but the splitter keeps running.

Need some opinions on how to set it up.

Edit: At the moment option 2 is active

Imgur album
http://imgur.com/a/jUi08
Attachments
current.png
current.png (491.66 KiB) Viewed 5810 times

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Is the fluid splitter script controlled ?
Normal recipe would work as point 1 I think.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:Is the fluid splitter script controlled ?
Normal recipe would work as point 1 I think.
No script involved, it's just how the recipe and entity setups work together. The splitter is a furnace with one input fluidbox and 2 (or 3) output fluidboxes, no magic there. The important thing is that the base_levels of the output boxes are set to only hold half (third) of the input fluid, so the game will split the output between the boxes. In this case the recipes is 4 input -> 4 output with base_levels 0.2 for the 2-way splitter. The other setup is a changed recipes 4 input -> 2 output + 2 output, this will behave differently I don't really know why, I guess the game is considering each result individually.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Cool, the first release is too close :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Just in case anyone has this issue:

Tried to load, got
__angelspetrochem__/data.lua:40:
...gelspetrochem__/prototypes/angels-petrochem-override.lua:19:
attempt to index field 'stone-crushed-dissolution' (a nil value)
Updating to the latest AngelsRefining solved this problem.

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Sulfur from Hydrogen Sulfide Gas and Oxygen Gas and Carbon from Pet Coke and Carbon Dioxide are hand craftable in cheat mode. Hardly that big a deal but kind of amusing.

As are all the plastics, resins and rubber.

Hooked up an oil refinery and tried basic oil processing, and despite saying it would take 5s, it took way longer (30+) Nevermind, was having a power issue

How do I tell the converter to convert my base mineral oil into Heavy Oil instead of lubricant?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

StormTAG wrote:Sulfur from Hydrogen Sulfide Gas and Oxygen Gas and Carbon from Pet Coke and Carbon Dioxide are hand craftable in cheat mode. Hardly that big a deal but kind of amusing.

As are all the plastics, resins and rubber.

Hooked up an oil refinery and tried basic oil processing, and despite saying it would take 5s, it took way longer (30+) Nevermind, was having a power issue

How do I tell the converter to convert my base mineral oil into Heavy Oil instead of lubricant?
It sure is :D Plug the pipe into your *** and let the plastic flow...wait... -_- Will look into it, but I would consider this a minor issue, since it isn't showing up in normal mode.

You can't, but that's a fail on my side, changed it to naphtha to heavy oil, which also makes more sense in the way heavy oil is used in the game. I'm also adding the recipes for barrels, they wont have individual icons but you can at least play with them. If I leave in barrels for all fluids, there will be (I have to make) a new tab for resource/fluid logistics because of the sheer amount of recipes that have to be visible (the majority of recipes in petrochem is hidden).

I think there will be an update later today, depends on how quick I am.

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Cool beans!

Another thing, when I started a new game I didn't see any option for Gas Wells as far as frequency, yield, etc. goes and after running around a bunch I didn't notice any spawn. Am I missing something?

Currently running rso-mod_2.0.9

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

StormTAG wrote:Cool beans!

Another thing, when I started a new game I didn't see any option for Gas Wells as far as frequency, yield, etc. goes and after running around a bunch I didn't notice any spawn. Am I missing something?

Oh better have the newest version, I think the new definitions were in version 2.0.10 or .11 of RSO

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Overene »

I downloaded the mod but I haven't found a single tile of infinite resources. Are there any dependencies for this mod that aren't optional?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Overene wrote:I downloaded the mod but I haven't found a single tile of infinite resources. Are there any dependencies for this mod that aren't optional?
Depending on settings and presence of RSO you might have no infinite tiles in starting area. It's a default when running with RSO currrently. It can be changed in config file for RSO (near the end - infiniteResourceInStartArea setting).

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Arch666Angel wrote:

Oh better have the newest version, I think the new definitions were in version 2.0.10 or .11 of RSO
Installed the 2.0.11 version of RSO, still no gas wells.

Also, not seeing the building in the crafting menu anywhere either. Might I have grabbed the wrong version of the test mod?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

StormTAG wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:

Also, not seeing the building in the crafting menu anywhere either. Might I have grabbed the wrong version of the test mod?
You have angelsinfiniteore as well? I cant set it as hard dependency because the ore mod needs to know which configuration it has to load.

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Overene »

orzelek wrote:
Overene wrote:I downloaded the mod but I haven't found a single tile of infinite resources. Are there any dependencies for this mod that aren't optional?
Depending on settings and presence of RSO you might have no infinite tiles in starting area. It's a default when running with RSO currrently. It can be changed in config file for RSO (near the end - infiniteResourceInStartArea setting).
I found out what the problem was. I don't have RSO, so I had to use the patch that makes the mod work without RSO

SoulForge
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SoulForge »

Angel,

Could you add support for 5DIM?

All the ores it adds appear to be the same as bobs mods.

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Arch666Angel wrote:
StormTAG wrote:

You have angelsinfiniteore as well? I cant set it as hard dependency because the ore mod needs to know which configuration it has to load.
Yup, Angelinfiniteores_0.3.5

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

StormTAG wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
StormTAG wrote:

Yup, Angelinfiniteores_0.3.5
It seems the issue in Angelinfiniteores_0.3.5 itself. There is check for petrochems to spawn natural gas, probably either wrong variable checked or wrong variable assumed. Once check removed the gas spawned.

Other bugs and sugguestions
1)Petrochem polethielene plastic recipe result replacement missing and game builds polyethelene plastic dood, instead of x plastic, in petrochem mod.
2)There is recipe confilct in convertor pipe Lube converted from naphta. Why someone needs basically heavy oil convert into lube dunno. The only use for naphta I found is converting into synthesis gas, because new recipes seem to replace most recipes you would use heavy oil. So maybe remove naphta conversion and add lube recipe(s) with petrochems???
Similar for fuels and light oil, and stadard gas. And remove convertors.
3)Water separation seems redundant with bob's mods so maybe forbid recipe for BoB mods. Just I like that one much more because it is more reasonable actualy electrolise water instead.
4) Most gases conversion same, why not use bob's icons or if you want to keep structure and intuitive icons, replace them on Bob's items instead (same way you replace plastic) for Bob's mod. Or replace all bob's mods recipes with his ingredients on your variants. Would reduce clatter and reduce amount of valves.
5)Sincerely hope that most sugguestions are just your tails which you left for testing phase to test mod quickly and would removed later. You did quite good cleanup in your ore refining mod.
6) maybe collaborate with Bob, he seems doing something with petrochemicals. You give lots of intermediates, but they go in closed cycle hardly used anywhere. Maybe he can integrate your mod And add new items or use some intermediates if your mod is present. Or you may add submod to replace some recipes on recipes with your intermediates to color things up. For now most intermediates look like dead items to clutter CPU time. Same with your ore refining but there at least understandable after all before ores refined usually you little can do with them, while chemical industry is most complex industry and to almost any intermediate there is one use or another, so in the end huge spectrum of of petrochemicals used.

Though game seems too primitive for your mod. If it had at least climate(seasons, temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure). and you required supply liquids with antifreezes and machinery with oils to function properly and reduce attrition, and different kinds of oils better for different situations, or different kinds or plastics, or even gases used for something your mod would shine. Sadly to add attrition we need to teach robots to insert correct modules into factory, or inserters, most likely by module filter slots in factory.
I am saying without any desire to insult your mod or game, in fact for many even base game too complex, and mods are good in fixing for those few liking to make complex regulated production chains. Still game designed as is.

Hell even such simple thing like climate ma make different games different and be interesting planets with thick atmosphere could have water boiled to higher temeratures and give slightly more power, windy places give more power from turbines, and planets with thick atmosphere have reduced laser range and less solar power. Hell even pollution(emulation) could give some detrements (rains may bring polution to nests to evolve and grow) thick gases may reduce laser ranges in zone of effect, and have othe effects. Cold biomes may have only frozen water required it to be warmed up first before used, and airless biomes may have no air(though nah it is more fuel for bob's mods.)

Though standard refining I'd left for game compatibility so players goud exhaust standard resources.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I think the issue is with a typo that I fixed in the ores mod, but forgot to upload another version of.

Keep in mind that the petrochem is far from finished, most issues you listed are there because I havent included techs yet and all the overrides necessary. The goal eventually is to build all the mods into a kind of overhaul and all the resource processing mods are a kind of base for the rest, because everything else is then adding entities. So there are more items/recipes in petrochem than are needed, but that's the case as well in refining there is a processing chain in there which you cant see but is reserved for later on in my plans.

Another thing is that I'm still thinking about what to do with base game/bobs tech, replace them, override them, change their recipes, remove them, etc I'm not quiet sure about that, as well as the barreling recipes, I don't feel its necessary to have a barrel recipe for all the fluids, it would detract from dealing with the different fluids and using the valves, tanks and splitters, also there are mods out there which will add barrels for everything.

I don't want to use bobs icons because I don't find them very appealing, I "wasted" a lot of time to have the refining mod look as it is right now which I'm very happy with.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Angel i believe petrochem mod will be very great addition to bob mods, please don't make replace in bob mods, changing of some recipies is optimal variant - for example - recipie of lithia water and is changed as i can saw, looks good
Your mods and bob mods must be good friends? making override is interesting idea but i think many people don't want many override mods
I'll wait when you finish technology tree and many people can start testing the petrochem mod =)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Return to “Angels Mods”