Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Arch666Angel »

aklesey1 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:The gas-refinery is 7x7 that's the one on the left, the advanced chemical plant is 5x5 and you can look through the grid of the refinery towers.
Its nice, but I want to make sure I will be able to see objects behind the chimneys i mean very small objects like chests, inserters or eletric poles and resources if I accidentally dropped them behind
I wouldn't ask you if I could rotate the camera in the game by 90 180 or 270 degrees ;)
ref_test.jpg
ref_test.jpg (84.96 KiB) Viewed 6674 times
Refinery model isn't finished yet, I need to add some more junk in the background so it fills the whole square.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

U want to say this building is full solid and we cannot walk behind these chimneys, its impassable area? if it so i calm, all i want to say i want to control the objects which standing too close to the building on the top
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Arch666Angel wrote: The crushing stays the same and with that the ratio at which you produce crushed stone. But there are two ways to get rid of stone: First you can use the stone for producing algae (although there is enough mineral water from the refining) and second you can turn crushed stone to mineral slug at a disadvantaged rate, but it will add to the a bit more selected ore production via the slag processing line.

I'm also considering adding a "clarifier" to eiter void the specialized water product or turn it back to "regular" water which can go into steam engines or others.
Cool! Thanks! I just noticed that I didnt have the Processing mod. Just installed it and boom... the combo recipes need brown catalyst. My ore refining just died. LOL :D. Time for another refactor.

Another thing I noticed is the production of iron plates seem off, I think. 2 iron ore produces 5 iron plates but 1 ingot only produces 1 plate at a hardly noticeable time difference. Is that correct? Or am I running a mod that increased the output for iron ores?

secondadvent
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by secondadvent »

The 2 iron ore to 5 plates is likely marathon (copper would be 1 ore to 5 plates, which would also be off). I adjusted all of my recipes to match marathon's amounts (basically just where iron/copper ore to plates occur) since I didn't want to remove it or have the ratios off. Kinda too used to marathon's costs to revert now :P

Compat between the two would be nice, but it'd make more sense on marathon's end than here.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Playing Angels Refining in vanilla, I was wondering where the sweet spots are in the refining chain and how much yield each additional tier adds.

Here is the amount of raw iron ore -> iron plates, the percentage of maximum yield, and the percentage increase in yield over the previous tier:

Direct Smelting (no sorting): 3->2 = 66.7%
Crushed Iron Ore Sorting: 4->3 = 75% (+12.5%)
Iron Ore Chunks Sorting: 6->5 = 83.3% (+11%) — Accounting for slag: 6->5.16 = 86%
Iron Ore Crystals Sorting: 8->7 = 87.5% (+5.0%) — Accounting for acid: 8->6.6 = 82.5% (-1%)
Purified Iron Crystals Sorting: 10->10 = 100% (+14%) — Accounting for acid: 10->9.5 = 95% (+15%)

While there isn't necessarily a sweet spot, there is definitely a sour spot - the leaching plant step. In fact once you account for the 1 iron plate per 5 sulfuric acid, you end up with slightly lower yield, if the thermal refining step is used the leaching plant step is exactly break-even in terms of iron.

Basically the optimal point to quit at seems to be the Flotation plant stage - at this point you get 90.5% of maximum yield (when accounting for slag and acid), get a huge abundance of sulfur, save yourself a bunch of energy/space, and also don't need alien artifacts to make brown catalyst.

Overall, the total yield increase for all tiers over no sorting at all is 42%, which is almost the same as the increase you get from using prod3 modules in a level of manufacturing.

I guess some of the machine values are currently somewhat placeholders. I like that the flotation cell and leaching plant can straightforwardly direct feed. Also crushers are compact and 1 crusher can direct feed into 2 flotation cells, also the sorting facility is fast enough that it can handle the output of 3 flotation cells or leaching plants. I get the feeling the Ore Refinery would be better with a crafting speed of 1.5 or 2, being bulky, slow, needy (adding a brown catalyst dependency) and energy-hungry makes it terribly tempting to just leave it out.

Finally
Screenshot of my copper processing

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

BlakeMW wrote:Basically the optimal point to quit at seems to be the Flotation plant stage - at this point you get 90.5% of maximum yield (when accounting for slag and acid), get a huge abundance of sulfur, save yourself a bunch of energy/space, and also don't need alien artifacts to make brown catalyst.

I guess some of the machine values are currently somewhat placeholders. I like that the flotation cell and leaching plant can straightforwardly direct feed. Also crushers are compact and 1 crusher can direct feed into 2 flotation cells, also the sorting facility is fast enough that it can handle the output of 3 flotation cells or leaching plants. I get the feeling the Ore Refinery would be better with a crafting speed of 1.5 or 2, being bulky, slow, needy (adding a brown catalyst dependency) and energy-hungry makes it terribly tempting to just leave it out.
You don't need alien artifacts for brown catalyst though. It's just mineral slurry. That's why, as soon as I can make brown catalyst, I use the advanced recipes to directly get 1:1 ores from the input crushed ores.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

In 0.1.4 (vanilla, not bobs) the recipe is 1x Mineral Sludge + 1x Alien Artifact = 100 brown catalyst - since it only requires 5 slag to make 1 mineral slurry, it's basically mainly alien artifact. Btw I don't mind this, it's nice to have additional uses for artifacts. Altough the additional yield is a little lackluster for what it involves in general.

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

secondadvent wrote:The 2 iron ore to 5 plates is likely marathon (copper would be 1 ore to 5 plates, which would also be off). I adjusted all of my recipes to match marathon's amounts (basically just where iron/copper ore to plates occur) since I didn't want to remove it or have the ratios off. Kinda too used to marathon's costs to revert now :P

Compat between the two would be nice, but it'd make more sense on marathon's end than here.
Which ratios did you modify and what are the modifications?

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

BlakeMW wrote:In 0.1.4 (vanilla, not bobs) the recipe is 1x Mineral Sludge + 1x Alien Artifact = 100 brown catalyst - since it only requires 5 slag to make 1 mineral slurry, it's basically mainly alien artifact. Btw I don't mind this, it's nice to have additional uses for artifacts. Altough the additional yield is a little lackluster for what it involves in general.
Ah, I am using Bob's. That's probably why the recipe is different for me.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'd be quite interested in making Angels set of mods compatible with marathon/bobathon :)
It's a quite different game experience.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

1. Feel free to upload the modified version of the angelsprocessing in this thread, I will link it to the main post then. All the recipes which deal with turning ores into plates are in the processing mod. But be aware that the processing will change in the future and that is the reason why contacting the marathon author makes no sense at this point.

2. On the topic of the vanilla refining: I stated somewhere earlier that I'm not happy with the way the vanilla refining works, because it is just an adaptation of the specialized refining for bobs+ which is my main focus, that is also the reason why some of the ratios are off and it isn't really well balanced. And I'm still thinking about ideas and ways to change it, one way I'm considering is to use the angelsores also for the vanilla refining and have them yield different chunks of copper and iron (+other minor mods ore) in different yields.

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

orzelek wrote:I'd be quite interested in making Angels set of mods compatible with marathon/bobathon :)
Yes please!

IhanaMies
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IhanaMies »

orzelek wrote:I'd be quite interested in making Angels set of mods compatible with marathon/bobathon :)
I have made one. I can link it later today if you want to check it out

Edit: I have tweaked processed ores quite alot since I had alot of problems storing some of the bobs ores, mainly aluminium and zinc.

Edit 2: Angels tweaks for bobathon

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

IhanaMies wrote:
I have made one. I can link it later today if you want to check it out

Edit: I have tweaked processed ores quite alot since I had alot of problems storing some of the bobs ores, mainly aluminium and zinc.

Thanks for posting that, taking a look into it I will now feel bad everytime I change something :D

---
Small update on petrochems:
I'm adapting some of GotLags Flowcontrol mod into the petrochem since you have to deal with a lot of fluids. Here is my take on a valve model (overflow and non return valve).
valve-big.png
valve-big.png (35.81 KiB) Viewed 7547 times

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

IhanaMies wrote: I have made one. I can link it later today if you want to check it out

Cool thanks! Where do I place this? Straight to the mod folder?

IhanaMies
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IhanaMies »

johnnyBgoode wrote:
IhanaMies wrote: I have made one. I can link it later today if you want to check it out

Cool thanks! Where do I place this? Straight to the mod folder?
Place it into one of the angels mods prototypes folders. In the same mod folder, where you can find data.lua, add data-final-fixes.lua file. Open it and add next: require("prototypes.angelsmods")

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

@IhanaMies
linked your post to the processing download thread, thanks for sharing

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Arch666Angel wrote: Small update on petrochems:
I'm adapting some of GotLags Flowcontrol mod into the petrochem since you have to deal with a lot of fluids. Here is my take on a valve model (overflow and non return valve).
valve-big.png
Oh woa...your modeling skills got another milestone :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

kunkka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kunkka »

Hello!

How can I use the Angels Ores as an "endless resources mod"?
I would like to play with a higher "minimum yield" option like 50-60% of the original yield.
I don't like to setup new outposts in every 15 min, first time it was fun, but now it is pure pain.

I want to start a new game with vanilla + Nucular mod + Angels Infinite Ores + RSO. (I don't plan trying out Bob's mods until 0.13).
Can anyone help me? I can't find this in the config or in the discussion.

Thanks!

Sorry for my English.

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

IhanaMies wrote: Place it into one of the angels mods prototypes folders. In the same mod folder, where you can find data.lua, add data-final-fixes.lua file. Open it and add next: require("prototypes.angelsmods")
ok if this is working properly and I'm reading it properly you changed the input/output ratio of the ore processing? is that correct? 2 iron ore still should produce 5 plates and ingots go 1 to 1?

Return to “Angels Mods”