Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base] Angels Processing and Angels PetroChem

Post by Pandemoneus »

RegalKain wrote:I did a brief search and couldn't find anything, if it has been answered I apologize.

I am using Angels Processing, Ores as well as Refining, using BobsMods and RSO (For the patches of resources with some infinite in them.) The big issue I am having is, A LOT of the time I don't have any Saphirite, Jivolite or Coal anywhere near me, the nearest of any of that stuff is under biter bases. I'm not sure if I can actually progress at all, as the only way (I know of) early on to get iron is Saphirite or Jivolite, and I can't clear a biter base with my first set of ammo mags. Is there a way to make the resource force certain pockets in the starter zone?
As far as I know it should actually be already configured that Saphirite, Rubyte, Stiratite and Bobmonium spawn in the starting area. The only case this does not happen is when you set the starting area to None in the generation screen.
If you want to check the config yourself, open the RSO mod, navigate to the resourceconfig folder and check angelsores.lua. angelsores-1, 3, 5, 6 should have a starting={} dict with probability 1.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

RegalKain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RegalKain »

Pandemoneus wrote:
RegalKain wrote:I did a brief search and couldn't find anything, if it has been answered I apologize.

I am using Angels Processing, Ores as well as Refining, using BobsMods and RSO (For the patches of resources with some infinite in them.) The big issue I am having is, A LOT of the time I don't have any Saphirite, Jivolite or Coal anywhere near me, the nearest of any of that stuff is under biter bases. I'm not sure if I can actually progress at all, as the only way (I know of) early on to get iron is Saphirite or Jivolite, and I can't clear a biter base with my first set of ammo mags. Is there a way to make the resource force certain pockets in the starter zone?
As far as I know it should actually be already configured that Saphirite, Rubyte, Stiratite and Bobmonium spawn in the starting area. The only case this does not happen is when you set the starting area to None in the generation screen.
If you want to check the config yourself, open the RSO mod, navigate to the resourceconfig folder and check angelsores.lua. angelsores-1, 3, 5, 6 should have a starting={} dict with probability 1.
First off, thank you for the timely response, my apologies for not getting back sooner, I had to cook food. I checked the angelores.lua as suggested they all have probability 1, my issue I guess is this. I started a "new game" and didn't move, I simply pressed M. This is the result

http://imgur.com/rrZ5rWG

As you can see, literally a screen away, there is a biter nest. It's like biters are "ignoring" the starting zone, making some maps basically impossible to play. I've even gotten a few maps where I spawn on a 1x1 thing of land and can't go anywhere ;o;

Edit: I realize north of me, there is the required ores, at least as far as I can tell. My issue more is that the starting area doesn't always have them, it also sometimes has biters very, very near me.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

RegalKain wrote:
Pandemoneus wrote:

First off, thank you for the timely response, my apologies for not getting back sooner, I had to cook food. I checked the angelores.lua as suggested they all have probability 1, my issue I guess is this. I started a "new game" and didn't move, I simply pressed M. This is the result

http://imgur.com/rrZ5rWG

As you can see, literally a screen away, there is a biter nest. It's like biters are "ignoring" the starting zone, making some maps basically impossible to play. I've even gotten a few maps where I spawn on a 1x1 thing of land and can't go anywhere ;o;

Edit: I realize north of me, there is the required ores, at least as far as I can tell. My issue more is that the starting area doesn't always have them, it also sometimes has biters very, very near me.
Do you have your starting zone size set to anything but 0? As long as it is at least small then they should spawn without issue, larger spreads them out more on average as well but also will not spawn biters in the area. RSO makes it even better.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Screenshot posted above looks to be without RSO or something went wrong - can you double check that you have latest version of RSO and it's enabled?
If it is then please post details on RSO forum with mods and saved game or map string so I can take a look.

RegalKain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RegalKain »

orzelek wrote:Screenshot posted above looks to be without RSO or something went wrong - can you double check that you have latest version of RSO and it's enabled?
If it is then please post details on RSO forum with mods and saved game or map string so I can take a look.
Sure I will head that way and post, it is with RSO, I changed the config for RSO to make it so stuff spawns every chunk (Trying to get stuff to spawn in the starter area) I will head that way with more details.

changing it up to 3 and command exploring the map seems to set is reasonably so, but biter nests are still spawning super close. (I had to restart a few times) but I wound up with this.

http://imgur.com/sELa7Rp has all the starting things very close to the starting area, that biter next is fairly close but that's ok at least it's a small one this time.

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

I was having the same issue with biter nests being very close, so for my first playthrough I set their frequency to very low.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

For RSO setting I do run with a bigger starting area (like 5 regions), relatively big region size (7-8) and lowered resource spawn chance per region, also I deactivate multi spawns and lower biter base spawns in the RSO config.

For the coal cracking:
1. coal -> hydrogen sulphide + benzene + methane + solid fuel (gasification)
2. coal + hydrogen + iron catalyst -> naphtha + natural gas liquids + mineral (base) oil + solid fuel (Bergius)
3. coal + purified water + oxygen -> carbon dioxide + hydrogen + methane (ammonia feedstock)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Too SciFi for the advanced-chemical-plant? (WIP)

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Arch666Angel wrote:Too SciFi for the advanced-chemical-plant? (WIP)
A bit. I think its the relatively clean texture, the greebles, and the plasticky pipes that make it that way.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Arch666Angel wrote:Too SciFi for the advanced-chemical-plant? (WIP)

Just a bit, a thing i really miss is some chimney or place to put out unwanted gases/residues. Based on the Factorio design, something less clean a bit. Here a image that i think it´s good to use as inspiration in almost the same color pallete of the vanilla game.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Arch666Angel »

I tried to make the refinery and the adv chem plant in a similar style, although I'm still experimenting with things. Here are some variations just based on lightning for the refinery/chem plant comparison and lightning/tinted textures for the chem plant row. I already used the reddish tint for the ore sorter for example.
The cooling tower for the chem plant is a nice idea, but the problem is that you cant really use the particle smoke system with electric entities without running some scripting and ghost entities, which I don't want. So I have to make a smoke animation somehow.
Attachments
comparison2.png
comparison2.png (140.33 KiB) Viewed 6475 times
comparison.png
comparison.png (341.73 KiB) Viewed 6475 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Ingame with slightly tinted textures
Attachments
comparison3.png
comparison3.png (419.18 KiB) Viewed 6467 times

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ohjhh nice...in the gas refinery there´s a burner?

humm if the smoke is hard to make what about use a cauldron to show boiling liquids?

I noticed in your refinery design the place where the pipes connect are there, but nothing "after" it to connect in the model to suggest the gas/liquid are going somewhere. That´s my main concern about the visuals.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

pyanodon wrote:Ohjhh nice...in the gas refinery there´s a burner?

humm if the smoke is hard to make what about use a cauldron to show boiling liquids?

I noticed in your refinery design the place where the pipes connect are there, but nothing "after" it to connect in the model to suggest the gas/liquid are going somewhere. That´s my main concern about the visuals.
The refinery has a flare stack and the chemical plant has a gas chamber in the center. Yeah haven't done the pipe overlays yet, but don't worry there will be some. :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Is new improved refinery will be 5x5 squares? Can i look behind these chimneys and see objects or this refinery can be 5x9 squares? Second variant more attractive despite the fact that the building will occupy more space
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

1) Question about cobalt processing

The bobplates mod uysing recipe with
7 copper ore + 1 stone +1 coal + hydrogen

My suggestiuon is - how u look at idea with replacing copper ore with copper processed copper ore - and u can recalculate recipe for balancing

Why i'm asking& Processed copper ore is product from copper ore we can simply replace it
I saw u used with method with titan and tungsten and alluminia processing with not use this method with cobalt?

2) Where to use tungsten powder? I cannot find recipes with that

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

The gas-refinery is 7x7 that's the one on the left, the advanced chemical plant is 5x5 and you can look through the grid of the refinery towers.

1. The point is that the intention of bobs cobalt from copper is already somehow in the refining, you get cobalt and others from compound ores, that's the thing bob assumes, but only follows through at some points (with the double output from galena, or the ore byproduct smelting recipes).

2. The tungsten powder from my processing goes into the alien artefact (orange pre artefact) production, bobs powdered tungsten goes into tungsten plates.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:The gas-refinery is 7x7 that's the one on the left, the advanced chemical plant is 5x5 and you can look through the grid of the refinery towers.
Its nice, but I want to make sure I will be able to see objects behind the chimneys i mean very small objects like chests, inserters or eletric poles and resources if I accidentally dropped them behind
I wouldn't ask you if I could rotate the camera in the game by 90 180 or 270 degrees ;)

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Might be because I haven't reached chemical refining yet but does the ore crushing part really produce that much crushed stone?

I moved from refining chunks to combining ores for a better throughput of ores and found that I seem to be drowning in crushed stone (and thus stone and concrete in a futile effort to compress its space usage) at the moment and was wondering if you are planning on adding something that eats it all up or if chemical refining slows down this process?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

johnnyBgoode wrote:Might be because I haven't reached chemical refining yet but does the ore crushing part really produce that much crushed stone?

I moved from refining chunks to combining ores for a better throughput of ores and found that I seem to be drowning in crushed stone (and thus stone and concrete in a futile effort to compress its space usage) at the moment and was wondering if you are planning on adding something that eats it all up or if chemical refining slows down this process?
The crushing stays the same and with that the ratio at which you produce crushed stone. But there are two ways to get rid of stone: First you can use the stone for producing algae (although there is enough mineral water from the refining) and second you can turn crushed stone to mineral slug at a disadvantaged rate, but it will add to the a bit more selected ore production via the slag processing line.

I'm also considering adding a "clarifier" to eiter void the specialized water product or turn it back to "regular" water which can go into steam engines or others.

Return to “Angels Mods”