Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base] Angels Processing and Angels PetroChem

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Yuoki did not balance the mod around vanilla or to be a good addition to other mods, it is more like what he missed and wanted to have in the game and what he did with power generation and the other parts is pretty cool, but it has and is intended to have another feel than the base game.
For my personal games I only use bobs and some quality of life mod really and of course my own, but that's it. And like Yuoki I do mod in what I think is missing from the game or bobs. One point where you can see this is the base game mod in vanilla, there one can see that the concept works fine for bobmods and a shitton of resources, but falls short with just copper and iron as ores.
So it is always a question of personal preference, that of the modder and that of the player.

I'll have to do some experiments on the wood-board issue when I get to that, but I would probably change it so that you have to process the wood into fibers (which you already can) and then remove the other recipes for making wooden board, so that the only ways to craft wooden boards are with fibers, that wont do the trick with the recipe blocking, but at least you wont be able to turn a tree into a circuit board directly.

Edit: With the current flowchart there are already 2 recipes each for different resins and plastics, so there is room to replace the current plastic/resin and synthetic wood with these recipes and do a tirade on them
That is a great idea, if you had to craft circuit boards from wooden boards and wooden boards could be made from purely assembler recipes, not in-hand. If you add a Burner Assembler (which I have in my mod pack, a Burner Assembler can only handle single-input recipes, but it would be fine enough to turn logs into boards (and logs into resin, which is my main point in early-game, automates 'most' of the red science (science overhaul mod) but not the last step until I get some research done), then you can handle the algae fibers into wooden boards via assembler later too, there is no conflict then since both require an assembler.

In my packs I also use the Stamina mod that drains your health as the player does 'activities', like crafting or harvesting (and slows regeneration while walking), which encourages usage of assemblers, especially the single-recipe-capable Burner Assembler.

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

I agree that Yuoki is not balanced and has some broken recipes (like the wood perpetuum mobile or the nuclear power plant), but it also has a good and balanced wood process using corn and sugar by making Trifitan. I like to use this recipe and it is fun and plausible: http://factorio.rotol.me/pack/yuoki-f12 ... e_celluose

Also i like the Yuoki lamps, solar towers (i have made enough huge solar fields in this game), batteries (much stronger and therefore less cpu usage for big fields) and substations very much, so if you keep yourself away from the broken recipes it can be a fun and good addition to a game.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I need to check out the corn part of yuoki. For now I'm using the greenhouses with modules mod to get wood and supplement that with heavy oil. I'm playing bobathon tho so can't use processing here since they are not compatible ;)
And it would be a lot of overkill most likely.. bobathon makes the base huge anyway and with processing on top... that would be a challange :D
(After 80h I'm finally close to get the power armor... )

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:I need to check out the corn part of yuoki. For now I'm using the greenhouses with modules mod to get wood and supplement that with heavy oil. I'm playing bobathon tho so can't use processing here since they are not compatible ;)
And it would be a lot of overkill most likely.. bobathon makes the base huge anyway and with processing on top... that would be a challange :D
Not compatible? Why? Whats not compatible? Aside from you being LAZY! :D

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:
orzelek wrote:I need to check out the corn part of yuoki. For now I'm using the greenhouses with modules mod to get wood and supplement that with heavy oil. I'm playing bobathon tho so can't use processing here since they are not compatible ;)
Your recipes end up producing plates from a lot more complex chain - and main marathon changes are to make different ore to plates ration.
Using mixed recipes could be quite painful - when you have by default 5 copper plates from 1 ore in marathon and you'd need to make those normally. And other items costs take this into account so lots more plates used up.

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Whew! Love this mod.

8 Iron Ore sorters already and It's barely keeping up with my production.
angels.PNG
angels.PNG (2.84 MiB) Viewed 6176 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
Your recipes end up producing plates from a lot more complex chain - and main marathon changes are to make different ore to plates ration.
Using mixed recipes could be quite painful - when you have by default 5 copper plates from 1 ore in marathon and you'd need to make those normally. And other items costs take this into account so lots more plates used up.
Ah ok then just use the refining and angelsores, without the processing mod :D

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

johnnyBgoode wrote:Whew! Love this mod.

8 Iron Ore sorters already and It's barely keeping up with my production.
angels.PNG
Glad you like it! Looks good what you have there since and orderly :D Did build my test base in a similar Fashion

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base] Angels Refining and Angels Processing

Post by Simcra »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Simcra wrote:Yeah, we're still looking into it. One of our players is still desyncing so I'm thinking it's something else I just really have no clue what, we've tried removing all mods and it seems to just sorta happen for no reason?
Have you tried the peer-to-peer connection?

@OvermindDL1
That one is already fixed for the next version, was a mistake in the tie in for the uranium ore :D
My appologies for not posting sooner, this was a really wierd map bug that we had in 12.29. It went away when we started a new map, wasn't able to reproduce it. I like the changes you've done to your mod, keep up the good work.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base] Angels Refining and Angels Processing

Post by Arch666Angel »

Simcra wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
Simcra wrote:Yeah, we're still looking into it. One of our players is still desyncing so I'm thinking it's something else I just really have no clue what, we've tried removing all mods and it seems to just sorta happen for no reason?
Have you tried the peer-to-peer connection?

@OvermindDL1
That one is already fixed for the next version, was a mistake in the tie in for the uranium ore :D
My appologies for not posting sooner, this was a really wierd map bug that we had in 12.29. It went away when we started a new map, wasn't able to reproduce it. I like the changes you've done to your mod, keep up the good work.
No apologies needed, good to hear that the problem resolved itself somehow!

---
Refinery in the making
gas-refinery27.png
gas-refinery27.png (107.35 KiB) Viewed 6098 times
I experimented around with having the Gas-Refinery rotable like the Oil Refinery but like expected that is very hard to do and not without artificially changing the perspective/stretching. So I think it will just be a one sided sprite with some kind of animation like the others

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

:o :o :o :o :o
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

cellular
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cellular »

Seriously, do you have a Patreon or something?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

cellular wrote:Seriously, do you have a Patreon or something?
Nope I don't have something like that.
gas-refinery-44.png
gas-refinery-44.png (236.95 KiB) Viewed 6322 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Bio-fuel-silo for decomposing algae
Attachments
output_nXaXEZ.gif
output_nXaXEZ.gif (253.58 KiB) Viewed 6270 times

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Arch666Angel wrote:Bio-fuel-silo for decomposing algae
That looks really, really weird. :P
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Pandemoneus wrote:That looks really, really weird. :P

I must agree with Pandemoneus. I love new graphics to this game and im enjoying a lot the stuff you´re doing but that building in particular makes no much sense the entire reactor pulsing "breathing" like that. Of couse, it´s my two cents and i will sure play it even if the graphics for that reactor are an unicorn farm, but as someone that want to see your mods between the bests, im giving you some feedback.
pY Coal processing mod

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

pyanodon wrote:

I must agree with Pandemoneus. I love new graphics to this game and im enjoying a lot the stuff you´re doing but that building in particular makes no much sense the entire reactor pulsing "breathing" like that. Of couse, it´s my two cents and i will sure play it even if the graphics for that reactor are an unicorn farm, but as someone that want to see your mods between the bests, im giving you some feedback.
I always appreciate feedback. The silo was inspired by the real world pendants which have have a flexible roof to allow expansion for the increased volume needed when gases are produced by decomposing. I have to check if it looks that weird ingame, else I have another idea how to change it. Have to decide then which one I will do first the advanced chemical plant or the silo.

For the petrochem mod 3 different variants of the coal cracking to be feedstock for other processing chains. And thinking about implementing something like the flare stack and some tools for fluid handling.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Arch666Angel wrote: I always appreciate feedback. The silo was inspired by the real world pendants which have have a flexible roof to allow expansion for the increased volume needed when gases are produced by decomposing. I have to check if it looks that weird ingame, else I have another IDE how to change it. Have to decide then which one I will do first the advanced chemical plant or the silo.

For the petrochem mod 3 different variants of the coal cracking to be feedstock for other processing chains. And thinking about implementing something like. The flare stack and some tools for fluid handling.
Oh... i see now, sorry for misunderstandings. I made a small search and saw what you wanted to to.

Here we can see the roofs in different stages of gas production. My suggestion now is make the animation slower waaaay slower to inflate and deflate more naturally instead of that "pulsing" feeling. Im curious to know your ideas of that 3 different ways to cracking coal. Keep the good work
pY Coal processing mod

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
pyanodon wrote:

I always appreciate feedback. The silo was inspired by the real world pendants which have have a flexible roof to allow expansion for the increased volume needed when gases are produced by decomposing. I have to check if it looks that weird ingame, else I have another IDE how to change it. Have to decide then which one I will do first the advanced chemical plant or the silo.

For the petrochem mod 3 different variants of the coal cracking to be feedstock for other processing chains. And thinking about implementing something like. The flare stack and some tools for fluid handling.

Incidentally author hi, I liked the fashion!

I have an idea what would add another producing plastic

I'm here as a 3D printers began to engage learned that the plastic is too different stages

of oil, gas ABS and PLA cane with corn or rubber

русс
кстати привет автор, мне понравился мод!
у меня идея а что бы добавить еще получения пластика
я вот как 3д принтерами заниматься начал узнал что пластик тоже разными этапами делается
из нефти, газа и тростника с кукурузой или каучука

RegalKain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RegalKain »

I did a brief search and couldn't find anything, if it has been answered I apologize.

I am using Angels Processing, Ores as well as Refining, using BobsMods and RSO (For the patches of resources with some infinite in them.) The big issue I am having is, A LOT of the time I don't have any Saphirite, Jivolite or Coal anywhere near me, the nearest of any of that stuff is under biter bases. I'm not sure if I can actually progress at all, as the only way (I know of) early on to get iron is Saphirite or Jivolite, and I can't clear a biter base with my first set of ammo mags. Is there a way to make the resource force certain pockets in the starter zone?

Return to “Angels Mods”