Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base] Angels Refining and Angels Processing

Post by Arch666Angel »

This is really strange, if there were at least table inserts or something in there but like I said bio processing is more or less pure definitions at the moment. Sry for the issue and thanks for the report. If you have other clues what might be the cause let me know.

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

Yeah, we're still looking into it. One of our players is still desyncing so I'm thinking it's something else I just really have no clue what, we've tried removing all mods and it seems to just sorta happen for no reason?

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

So... found a bug. ^.^
Rubyte Chunk Sorting somehow takes Jivolyte Chunks as the input? ;-)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Simcra wrote:Yeah, we're still looking into it. One of our players is still desyncing so I'm thinking it's something else I just really have no clue what, we've tried removing all mods and it seems to just sorta happen for no reason?
Have you tried the peer-to-peer connection?

@OvermindDL1
That one is already fixed for the next version, was a mistake in the tie in for the uranium ore :D

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:@OvermindDL1
That one is already fixed for the next version, was a mistake in the tie in for the uranium ore :D
Cool, looking forward!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Updated angelsrefining to ---0.1.3
-fxied an error with nucular integration (requiring the wrong material for the sorting recipe)
-added localization for the base game variant
-added hydro-plant and config settings to enable/disable it
-moved the catalysts into the processing mod
-tweaked some stats for the refining buildings (consumption, modules, idle drain, pollution)

Updated angelsprocessing to ---0.1.5
-Ore Processing: added new gfx for the ore-processing-plant
-Ore Processing: ore-processing-plant size changed to 5x5!
-Ore Processing: ore to processed recipes changed to 4 to 1, processed to plate recipes changed to 1 to 5, processed to ingot recipes changed to 2 to 12.
-Ore Processing: condensed the scattered technologies down to the 4 ore-processing techs.
-Bio Processing: added recipes for early wood production (bobmods) and later stages
-Bio Processing: lowered ingredients for artifacts to be cut gems and not polished
-Bio Processing: removed oxygen from the algae farming recipe
-Bio Processing: changes to the amount of ingredients and results of the wood processing line

There has been changed a lot in angelsprocessing, most of it reshuffling and rearranging processing lines and recipes, migration file is included but I recommend starting it in a new map none the less. No guarantees that I remembered to include every change :D

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

@OvermindDL1
Are you playing with science cost tweaker?

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Definitely yes, server play without it is *far* too fast. The settings are tweaked for a marathon-type long gameplay. We cycle through new server maps with everything gotten and beaten after about 4-5 days of gameplay, which among all players is racked up in about a week. EDIT0: Specifically the server is using this one: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=14294

Also, a note, the collision boxes of buildings are a bit large, the player cannot fit between even though the graphics imply they should?

EDIT1: Will be updating this shortly before our ore processing is too far set up (good timing actually, we just tore everything down to rebuild with new tech).

EDIT2: Interesting config found? ;-) angelsmods.processing.enableorecompressing (not implemented yet), what is planned? :-)

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Found bug in your migration file!

Code: Select all

game.reload_script()

for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do
  force.reset_recipes()
  force.reset_technologies()
end

if force.technologies["bio-processing-1"].researched then
    force.recipes["cellulose-fiber-raw-wood"].enabled = true
	force.recipes["wood-from-cellulose-resin"].enabled = true
	force.recipes["water-mineralized"].enabled = true
end

if force.technologies["ore-processing-2"].researched then
    force.recipes["bauxite-ore-processing"].enabled = true
	force.recipes["alumina-processed"].enabled = true
	force.recipes["cobalt-ore-processing"].enabled = true
	force.recipes["cobalt-oxide-processed"].enabled = true
/*  snip rest...  */
You are indexing a global 'force' that does not exist, the game error is:

Code: Select all

Cannot execute command. Error: [string "game.reload_script() ..."]:8: attempt to index global 'force' (a nil value)
You probably meant to enclose all the other 'if's into the top for loop. (At least that is what I did to fix it and it seemed to work.)
Last edited by OvermindDL1 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

OvermindDL1 wrote:
Definitely yes, server play without it is *far* too fast. The settings are tweaked for a marathon-type long gameplay. We cycle through new server maps with everything gotten and beaten after about 4-5 days of gameplay, which among all players is racked up in about a week. EDIT0: Specifically the server is using this one: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=14294

Also, a note, the collision boxes of buildings are a bit large, the player cannot fit between even though the graphics imply they should?

EDIT1: Will be updating this shortly before our ore processing is too far set up (good timing actually, we just tore everything down to rebuild with new tech).

EDIT2: Interesting config found? ;-) angelsmods.processing.enableorecompressing (not implemented yet), what is planned? :-)
Thought so after your screenshot above :D

I could look into it and tweak them a bit for the bigger buildings, might make them easier to handle, although they are intendend to be big und unwieldy :)

Would love to take a look at what you do with it :)

The compressing was planed as an individual feature, but I think it wont make it in as there is now a 5:1 compression when processing ores.

Thanks for the report, I'm still not that good at writing the f"%"% scripts, basically just copy and pasting :/

Edit: Reuploaded the 0.1.5 ore processing with fixed migration (I think)

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
OvermindDL1 wrote:

Thought so after your screenshot above :D
Pretty necessary on servers. ^.^
Arch666Angel wrote:I could look into it and tweak them a bit for the bigger buildings, might make them easier to handle, although they are intendend to be big und unwieldy :)
Big and unwieldy for placement is fine but not being able to walk between buildings, especially with this space between them is odd. ;-)
And others.
Arch666Angel wrote:Would love to take a look at what you do with it :)
This ore facility is mostly being setup by the still mostly newbie of my server so it is not the pretty straight lines of construction I usually have, but will do here soon, he should have this rebuild part done soon. :-)
Arch666Angel wrote:The compressing was planed as an individual feature, but I think it wont make it in as there is now a 5:1 compression when processing ores.
Makes sense.
Arch666Angel wrote:Thanks for the report, I'm still not that good at writing the f"%"% scripts, basically just copy and pasting :/
I've modded factorio a little bit (mostly just stuff to fill in gaps on my server), but been programming for 30+ years in too many languages to name (including inside lua(jit) and implementing lua(jit) bindings a few times) so if you need help or anything just ask. I am loving your design and I am a coder, not a designer. :-)

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

If you want some screenshots of the current process (feel free to use them if you want, I've had my personal domain hosting random crap for almost 15 years now, do not plan for it to vanish any time soon):

The base, the old ore processing of early tier that was built by the new Factorio player on the server has been torn down and he rebuilt it with a newer design to handle the new processing that we've just unlocked, you can see the mostly built new area and some of the old furnace cooking (now being replaced by ore processing) still to the left:
Base0
And here is where the output is headed, to 5 warehouses for the 5 outputs, to be sent to various areas for production, which he is building at the very second this picture was taken:
Base1
EDIT0: And he just realized that some of the buildings have different recipes now in the first Base0 image so is now rebuilding those again. ;-P

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I will get back to you offer if I run into trouble with anything in particular, but you are already a great help for me in play testing all the things I'm cooking up on my end :)

Looks good, nice idea with buffering the ores in the warehouse and then sorting them. One of the reasons why the ore-sorting-facility is that size, is that you can have all the outputs on one side even with the highest tiers.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

So... how do we make purified water? Not finding research for it and we apparently require it to do any processing now...

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

The water treatment technology should be there, lacks a localization though, just looking at it

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:The water treatment technology should be there, lacks a localization though, just looking at it
Ah yes, just coming back to say we found it, however our research is currently stopped due to no ore processing. ^.^
Manually making enough iron and copper to get it researched now, it is only 180 red/green so should only take about an hour... >.>
(I'm going to automate iron/copper a bit further away using lower tech for now)

EDIT0: It has a localization for me interestingly enough?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

OvermindDL1 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:The water treatment technology should be there, lacks a localization though, just looking at it
Ah yes, just coming back to say we found it, however our research is currently stopped due to no ore processing. ^.^
Manually making enough iron and copper to get it researched now, it is only 180 red/green so should only take about an hour... >.>
(I'm going to automate iron/copper a bit further away using lower tech for now)

EDIT0: It has a localization for me interestingly enough?
Yep just wondering, the localization is there. It is in two separate files to keep it in order but that shouldn't be a problem. Mine isn't loading :D

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Yep just wondering, the localization is there. It is in two separate files to keep it in order but that shouldn't be a problem. Mine isn't loading :D
How... odd. ;-P

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

OvermindDL1 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:Yep just wondering, the localization is there. It is in two separate files to keep it in order but that shouldn't be a problem. Mine isn't loading :D
How... odd. ;-P
0/1 magic :D

kingoftheinternet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kingoftheinternet »

I didn't really pay attention to the "wood from algae" chain previously, but I'm looking at it now that it's easier to set up than greenhouses and... it looks like it's wood-negative (at least if you have Bob's mods)? 5 synthetic wood, which is the equivalent of 2.5 logs, requires 3 resin, which has to be made from 3 logs. Am I missing something?

Return to “Angels Mods”