Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

WolfF88
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by WolfF88 »

DrewTuber wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:33 am
Since the latest resource generator patch Rubyte only spawns on the very outer edges of coal. Or, to put it another way, a coal patch always overrides rubyte patches. This happens with both a full suite of Bob's and Angel's mods, as well as just having Bob's Metals and Angel's Refining enabled.
The problem occurs only in me without Angel's Infinite ore mod. with infinite ore modification, the rubyt distribution is normal.

ad_gav
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ad_gav »

when generating maps spionida Cuts at an angle.and so everywhere. that is almost no cut on the map
when generating maps spionida Cuts at an angle.and so everywhere. that is almost no cut on the map
Безымянный.jpg (794.28 KiB) Viewed 5989 times

BBQDuck
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BBQDuck »

I don't know if I'm overlooking something or not. I am running Angel's Infinite ores, Yuoki Industries and RSO. I don't have any infinite Yuoki ores spawning! I also searched far from the spawn location to see if that would change anything but it didn't. On the Angel's Infinite Ore page it says there is a config file to enable/disable spawning infinite ores for this mod, but I cant find it. The closest thing I could find was in "yuoki-res1.lua" which checked a variable called "angelsmods.ores.enableinfiniteyuoki" which should be set to true but I can't find where it is set. Is it not being set to true? Is RSO messing the whole thing up? Does anyone know what is going on?

BBQDuck
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BBQDuck »

I've done some more digging with regards to the modded infinite ores. When I'm running Bob's without RSO it works fine, but it doesn't work with RSO. I'll see if disabling RSO for Yuoki works.

Edits:

Clarification:
When I said doesn't work, I mean the option appears on generation but no infinite Bob's ore spawns in the map.

Further research:
Disabling RSO, does not let infinite Yuoki ore to spawn. In fact, infinite Yuoki ore doesn't appear on the map generation settings!

Digging into the mod files I found that Bob's mod has a file called "bob-ore-inf.lua" which is referenced under the generation section in "data.lua", but nothing like this exists for Yuoki ores.

I figured out that to get infinite Bob's ores to work you have to enable the bob's ores in it's settings then disable the infinite Bob's ores on map generation. All the regular Bob's ores will be converted to infinite.

I did some further research. both game.entity_prototype["infinite-y-res1"] and game.entity_prototype["infinite-y-res2"] are called they return null. This leads me to believe (with the very limited knowledge I have in lua and the factorio api) that these infinite resources aren't properly initialized or added to the list.

Hexalan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hexalan »

Khaim wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:53 pm
coffee_fiend wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:26 pm
I find a ton of desert gardens, and some swamp gardens, but I've never see a temperate garden.
It's listed in some recipes, so is it supposed to spawn on the map like the other gardens?
I also had only desert gardens (and trees) for quite a while, but I eventually found both other types. I think some of it may be related to your starting area. I made mine huge, and based on where the enemies spawned the starting area had only desert gardens.
So yes, they do exist. Unless you have some other mod that changed the map generation?
I think this is a bug as well. I've gotten everything else, trees and garden wise but never have I seen a temperate garden in 0.17. The only thing I find in temperate areas (going by temperate tree spawns) are puffer nests. IMHO there's an over abundance of puffer nests, they're everywhere. I've even gone so far as to specifically try search out the temperate gardens and spent an entire night last night just driving in one general direction looking for them. Again, everything else, no temperate gardens. I thought it was just bad rng with generation on one map, but this is the second map in a row that I've found this issue.

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

with the new deuterium tech added by bob, deuterium is not included in the barreling récipes, and the deuterium cilinder cannot be researched in the tech tree

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

WolfF88 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:57 pm
DrewTuber wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:33 am
Since the latest resource generator patch Rubyte only spawns on the very outer edges of coal. Or, to put it another way, a coal patch always overrides rubyte patches. This happens with both a full suite of Bob's and Angel's mods, as well as just having Bob's Metals and Angel's Refining enabled.
The problem occurs only in me without Angel's Infinite ore mod. with infinite ore modification, the rubyt distribution is normal.
FWIW, I have no idea if it is the same thing, but Krastorio adds "sand" in the starting zone resources, and I see the same problem: I get a tiny crust of sand around the edge of a coal patch. There was mention of some more resource generation changes that involved starting zone resource point counts, in a discussion about a bug, and I asked about my issue there.

You may or may not see an improvement next minor version.

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

I found several uncraftable and/or unused recipes, mainly in Angel's smelting.

there's no use for steel powder, you cannot craft any kind of rod, or rod stack, platinum is completely gone from the recipe list, all things involving platinum, expandable and non expandable mold aren't int the crafting menu either.

that's all I've seen, but I've probably missed some more recipes

is this a bug, or it's intended?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

triktor wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:46 am
I found several uncraftable and/or unused recipes, mainly in Angel's smelting.

there's no use for steel powder, you cannot craft any kind of rod, or rod stack, platinum is completely gone from the recipe list, all things involving platinum, expandable and non expandable mold aren't int the crafting menu either.

that's all I've seen, but I've probably missed some more recipes

is this a bug, or it's intended?
They're recipes and items for later use that have been there for a long time. Probably meant to be hidden until they were ready for use but just weren't.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

BBQDuck wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:34 pm
I've done some more digging with regards to the modded infinite ores. When I'm running Bob's without RSO it works fine, but it doesn't work with RSO. I'll see if disabling RSO for Yuoki works.

Edits:

Clarification:
When I said doesn't work, I mean the option appears on generation but no infinite Bob's ore spawns in the map.

Further research:
Disabling RSO, does not let infinite Yuoki ore to spawn. In fact, infinite Yuoki ore doesn't appear on the map generation settings!

Digging into the mod files I found that Bob's mod has a file called "bob-ore-inf.lua" which is referenced under the generation section in "data.lua", but nothing like this exists for Yuoki ores.

I figured out that to get infinite Bob's ores to work you have to enable the bob's ores in it's settings then disable the infinite Bob's ores on map generation. All the regular Bob's ores will be converted to infinite.

I did some further research. both game.entity_prototype["infinite-y-res1"] and game.entity_prototype["infinite-y-res2"] are called they return null. This leads me to believe (with the very limited knowledge I have in lua and the factorio api) that these infinite resources aren't properly initialized or added to the list.
issues with yuoki ores has been fixed as of 0.8.10 and they should spawn now

Broskev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Broskev »

Hello!

Any idea why Smelting and Petrochem Trains are invisible on the map?

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

hey

got the same issue we had in june - rubyte only spawns in low amount around starter-coal and only the low amount on starting base.

I have searched / revealed the map around 3000 around me there is no rubyte.

Thats the only rubyte I can find, around the starting-coal...

Cant find any rubyte this far around the starting-point? doesnt seem legit....

master the game with 5.1k rubyte/lead ? I dont thinkt so...

is there any workaround already to fix it? I read it works with angels infinite ores on - but I cant activate this since its not compatible with space exploration? RSO is not activated. Full bobs/angels as far as its compatible with full space exploration and smaller mods running, but without angels infinite ore/bobs module/rso since incompatibility with exploration

afrnjhb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by afrnjhb »

Why doesn't the Flare Stack burn chemicals? (Bob's+Angels, last version)

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Its not Angles fluid, might be the reason.

afrnjhb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by afrnjhb »

Termak wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:12 am
I checked other fluids, nothing burns.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

afrnjhb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:14 am
Termak wrote:
what all mods are you using?

afrnjhb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by afrnjhb »

kingarthur wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:26 am
afrnjhb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:14 am
Termak wrote:
what all mods are you using?
I figured it out, it was because of 5xProduction mod. Thanks everybody who took time to help me.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

The wood cutting recipe should have saw blades as a catalyst ingredient: 71211

Astrella
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Astrella »

I seem to be having the Rubyte only spawning around Coal issue as well, I thought maybe it was just a new way for it to spawn at first but now I'm in need of more lead to continue to basic circuit boards but there doesn't seem to be any Rubyte in the area.

Helickron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Helickron »

Balancing issue:
Petrochem Oil Tank costs twice as much as the Petrochem Gas Tank, while having half the storage.

Return to “Angels Mods”