[Rseding] [1.1.37] Logistic chests still show "Out of network" warning after deinstalling mod

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
rhynex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Rseding] [1.1.37] Logistic chests still show "Out of network" warning after deinstalling mod

Post by rhynex »

hello,

I am not sure if this is considered a bug, maybe working as intended.

what I did?

- I installed a mod that changes roboport logistic network, download any you want.
- I set the roboport range to let's say 5 only, very short
- I opened a map and put a roboport, requester chest within expected range. it works
- I put a chest 10 tile away from roboport. in vanilla range it would work but with the mod it does not because the range is 5 now.
- save game
- I say no, I want defaults back, and unload/delete mod which reset the roboport range.
- I open same map I had saved

what I would expect?
- we have two chests, one is within 5 tile of roboport and second is within 10 tile of roboport. since I removed the mod, I would expect both chests to be within range

what happens?
- first one is connected but second (far away) says "out of logistic network". I believe this is because the chest checks range once when it is build on map.

as I said, not sure if it is a bug. I would assume mod's removal should revert the entities on map but I am not sure if it is always supposed to be like that.

example from my game while I was messing with the roboport range. map seems empty because I opened my modded save in vanilla.

mining+building the chest again fixes the problem, so no big issue, just minor annoyance if you have a huge blueprint already build in game.

thanks

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.37] Logistic chests still show "Out of network" warning after deinstalling mod

Post by Klonan »

Hi,

Thanks for the report,

Can you provide the save game with the mod installed, so we can just turn off the mod to reproduce the problem?

rhynex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.37] Logistic chests still show "Out of network" warning after deinstalling mod

Post by rhynex »

hello, a simple game is attached
https://drive.google.com/file/d/160SsKv ... sp=sharing
I hope it should be accessible just fine.

I set the range to 10 in the game. disable the mod and reload the game, you shall see the red chests are out of network notification immediately (it was in the previous setting but after disabling the mod then the red chests are in network actually)

thanks

Return to “Minor issues”