[kovarex] [0.18.39] Re-opening the blueprint screen goes to the root, rather than the book you were working from.

Bugs that are actually features.
n3ss
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [0.18.39] Re-opening the blueprint screen goes to the root, rather than the book you were working from.

Post by n3ss »

So this is more of a minor creature comfort issue and not so much a bug, but it changed with the blueprint update.

Behavior in 18.36 and before / expected behavior:

When I open the blueprint screen, navigate to a book, select a blueprint, close the blueprint window, place the BP, and then later open the blueprint window again, it should take me back to the book i was working from. This is the behavior in .17.* and .18 up to .18.36.

Current behavior in .18.37-.39

When I open the blueprint screen, navigate to a book, select a blueprint, close the blueprint window, place the BP, and then later open the blueprint window again, it takes me back to the root blueprint screen, rather than to the book I was working from.

Again I realize it's not a critical game breaking bug, more of a minor annoyance, but if it could be fixed that would be super appreciated. The extra few clicks going back to a book kinda slow down building.

Tealc.
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18.37+] Re-opening the blueprint screen goes to the root, rather than the book you were working from.

Post by Tealc. »

Not only that but when you a several Blueprint books deep and you hit escape to close the whole Blueprint library window it just puts you back to the overall root blueprint book instead of actually closing the whole window.

ideally pressing escape would close all current open windows.

Maybe add a "back" button to go back to the previous Blueprint book?

HadrionClifton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.18.39] Re-opening the blueprint screen goes to the root, rather than the book you were working from.

Post by HadrionClifton »

+1 Returning to the last path should be the default. Odd that it was removed.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.39] Re-opening the blueprint screen goes to the root, rather than the book you were working from.

Post by Qon »

Please fix :roll:
I'm sadly not placing blueprint books in other books yet until this is fixed. This bug is just going to make deeper structures more annoying instead of being helpful. :cry:

I'd love to use this new cool feature, I need more structure in my library! :D <3

MrBadDragon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrBadDragon »

I too would like to see this feature - maybe make it an option that you can toggle on/off?

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

MrBadDragon wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:24 pm
I too would like to see this feature - maybe make it an option that you can toggle on/off?
You want an option so you can toggle the bugfix off? :shock:

[X] Bugs enabled

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.18.39] Re-opening the blueprint screen goes to the root, rather than the book you were working from.

Post by kovarex »

I was really thinking about it, and making this would be pretty inconsistent with other parts of the game.
The reason why you can link books and blueprints into the quickbar is partly to solve this.
You can put links to some of the (unused) quick bars as a quick way to open some parts you want to open often.

n3ss
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.18.39] Re-opening the blueprint screen goes to the root, rather than the book you were working from.

Post by n3ss »

kovarex wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:54 pm
I was really thinking about it, and making this would be pretty inconsistent with other parts of the game.
The reason why you can link books and blueprints into the quickbar is partly to solve this.
You can put links to some of the (unused) quick bars as a quick way to open some parts you want to open often.
I actually agree now that I've gotten used to the new design. I'm not actually sure it would make sense now, all things considered. Did not know that you could pin books to the quickbar, I will have to try that out. Thank you for looking into this though.

Return to “Not a bug”