[Wheybags] [0.18.3] [Minor] Indonesian doesn't have a language name in UI settings

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Wheybags] [0.18.3] [Minor] Indonesian doesn't have a language name in UI settings

Post by Dev-iL »

Title says it all, the language name should be "Bahasa Indonesia" (or perhaps just "Indonesia", though we should probably get a native speaker to say if that's ok).

Also, for some strange reason, the name of Bulgarian doesn't start with a capital letter (should be simply "Български", no need for the 2nd word that means "language" and is absent in most language names).

Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.3] [Minor] Indonesian doesn't have a language name in UI settings

Post by boskid »

"data/core/locale/id/info.json" is:

Code: Select all

{
  "completed": 55,
  "name": "Bahasa Indonesia"
}
while should be:

Code: Select all

{
  "completed": 55,
  "language-name": "Bahasa Indonesia"
}

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Wheybags] [0.18.3] [Minor] Indonesian doesn't have a language name in UI settings

Post by Dev-iL »

I reviewed this in 18.35 and while Indonesian is fixed, the issue with Bulgarian still remains (the language name doesn't start with a capital letter).

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Wheybags] [0.18.3] [Minor] Indonesian doesn't have a language name in UI settings

Post by wheybags »

Bulgarian name should be fixed in 1.1.

I know where the problem came from. A while back, I was reviewing our translations to make sure we had fonts that worked, and correct names for each language, in that language (before, some were the name of the language in English, others in the langauge itself... a mess). I had to add names for a few languages, so I would go to the wikipedia page for the language (in English), then click the first language change option on the side bar, which would bring me to the page on that language, in that language, and then I'd copy paste from that page title.

Thanks for pointing it out, it can be hard to get these things right when you're working with a bunch of languages you don't speak :p

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dev-iL »

wheybags wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:47 pm
Thanks for pointing it out, it can be hard to get these things right when you're working with a bunch of languages you don't speak :p
Sure thing, happy to help! I assure you - I understand neither Indonesian nor Bulgarian, I just happen to be familiar with their writing systems. :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”