[kovarex] [0.17.75] RollingStock connection_distance applied inconsistently

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Muppet9010
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.75] RollingStock connection_distance applied inconsistently

Post by Muppet9010 »

If you mix railway carriages with different connection distances the separation distance is based on their facing to each other.
If they are both facing the same direction then the leading carriage applies its connection distance and the trailing carriage value is ignored. If the direction of the carriages is different then the placed carriage seems to apply its connection distance.

In the screenshot the locomotives have very short collision box, joint and connection distances. With the cargo wagons being vanilla. The carriages are all facing the same direction in each line.
I would expect the spacing between the locos and wagons to be equal on both sides, rather than varied.
unknown.png
unknown.png (390.43 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
Ideally I believe the distance between the 2 carriages should be half of each carriages connection_distance added together. I don't believe this would have any impact on vanilla or trains made of only 1 carriage connection_distance, but would fix this mixing of connection_distances.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.75] RollingStock connection_distance applied inconsistently

Post by robot256 »

I was experimenting with a mod to add longer locomotives to use with vanilla rolling stock and came across this issue as well. It appears that whatever direction the train is going, the connection_distance value used is that of the wagon to the rear of the connection. For example, consider when the locomotive has connection_distance=5 and it is pulling a wagon with connection_distance=3. When driving forwards, the wagon is 3 spaces away. When you switch to driving backwards, the distance stretches to 5 spaces (wagon is pulling locomotive now). When you switch back to forwards again, the wagon jumps instantly back to 3 spaces away from the locomotive.

It would be great to have this bug fixed so that longer locomotives can have longer wheel (truck) sprites and still connect to other wagons normally.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

This was fixed as part of trains movement fix for 81102

Muppet9010
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Muppet9010 »

Yup finally got back to my crazy train length mod and I can now mix and match connection lengths, cheers 👍

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”