[kovarex] Mod settings startup tab missing scrollbar if many settings pressent

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[kovarex] Mod settings startup tab missing scrollbar if many settings pressent

Post by CzBuCHi »

as title says ...

PS: also it would be nice if mod configs where collabsilbe (aka: https://material-ui.com/components/expansion-panels/) :ugeek:

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Mod settings startup tab missing scrollbar if many settings pressent

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however it always has a scroll bar for me.

Please post a set of mods where it doesn't have a scroll bar.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Can confirm, i have the same issue [0.17.67].
I attached the mod-list.json in the bottom of this post.

Here's the (partial) setting screenshot :
Note : I also tried to delete mod-settings.dat, but the issue still persist.
Attachments
mod-list.json
(7.17 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

waduk wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:04 pm
Can confirm, i have the same issue [0.17.67].
I attached the mod-list.json in the bottom of this post.

Here's the (partial) setting screenshot :
Note : I also tried to delete mod-settings.dat, but the issue still persist.
That doesn't look broken. It just looks like there aren't enough startup settings to need a scroll bar.

Can you please post the log file from your game? I can easily install the mods from that but the mod-list.json doesn't include version numbers which makes it difficult to use.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

No, that wasn't the case at all.
There are lots of startup setting in the bottom, i still however can access it using scroll mouse, but it's alot slower than dragging scrollbar.
Here's the gif :
https://gfycat.com/embarrassedsphericalicefish
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(23.31 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] Mod settings startup tab missing scrollbar if many settings pressent

Post by Rseding91 »

I looked into it and found that if I change the locale for one of the startup settings to be much wider it forces the tabbed pane to squash it and by squashing it, it resizes it correctly and the scroll pane shows the scroll bar instead of it being cut off.

There's some logic error in the tabbed pane squashing or in the scroll pane squashing. I don't know which - kovarex will have to find it.

Steps to reproduce: install the mods in the log file (install mods list developer option) and open settings -> mod settings.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] Mod settings startup tab missing scrollbar if many settings pressent

Post by kovarex »

Can you plese provide a save game with the mods, so I can download them and reporuce it? (The rsedings tool doesn't work for me).

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Save attached
Attachments
modded-game.zip
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 119 times

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Just a follow-up, this hasn't been fixed, right ? Or has it ?
Because i start factorio, check the setting, the startup scroll bar is showing up again,..somehow...
But, the missing scroll bar is moving to Map setting instead (no scroll bar in the Map setting).
So basically the bug is not solely happen in startup setting.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(24.18 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Just installed a few picker mods by Nexela and my Per Player scroll is gone. And when I installed Ammo Loader+ my Map scroll went bye-bye. 17.79. I all so receive migration conflicts from mods that effect the GUI that all so effect the tutorials from loading. Not sure if related, but I been using that as a baseline to restore the scroll temporarily to change settings, and then re-enable the mod.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I tried it in the newest version and it seems to work fine.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

i came here by searching for "scroll bar" since i just had the same problem in the newest version 0.18.15 ...

when i looked at the mod options, "startup" and "map" had a scrollbar, and "per player" didn't. but i could scroll the list with the mouse wheel. thus i would think that this problem is not yet a "resolved problem or bug" (but maybe a "minor problem" only, since i could still use the modoption window).

a closer look showed that on that third tab, the "inner frame" for the tab was not completely visible and went off the right edge, thus a scrollbar would be out of view, just like shown in the pictures by waduk above and by MakeItGraphic in another thread.
usually i play in a maximized window, and when i just unmaximized it and changed its size, some window sizes caused the scrollbar to come back into view while some window sizes caused one or two of the other tabs to move their scrollbars off to the right side. with the right window width, i could get any combination of scrollbars showing or not showing for the three tabs.
finally (from a size in which all three tabs had scrollbars) i maximized the window again and at first i DID still have a scrollbar for "per player" that was missing in the beginning, but only until i switched to another tab and switched back to the third tab, causing the scrollbar to be off that frame again ...

ps: the text input boxes (for strings and for numbers) have the same width, and some dropdown menus have a larger width, especially eg the dropdown from the YARM mod on the "per player" tab. maybe those wider widths are related to the problem, but that's only a wild guess.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Anson wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:35 am
If you can reproduce this issue in the latest version of the game, make new report including screenshots, your log and save file.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

> If you can reproduce this issue in the latest version of the game
yes, in old versions as well as in the newest version 0.18.17, and standalone as well as steam version

> make new report
there are already several old reports, starting from version 0.17.67 and 0.17.79 or maybe even a very early 0.17, including this thread and another for the same problem which was moved to "duplicates", and a third one in "technical help" that might have been (wrongly?) attributed to a differnet UI scale, and it is still the same for me now in 0.18.17, using default UI scale. not much to add, thus maybe move those threads back from "resolved", "duplicates" and "technical help" to "bugs" (or maybe "minor bugs" since scrolling is still possible with the mousewheel, only the right edge is outside the visible window), instead of generating just another new copy that quotes all the same old reports !?

> including screenshots,
viewtopic.php?p=478513#p478513, viewtopic.php?p=454758#p454758, viewtopic.php?p=459820#p459820
those are screenshots from those 0.17 versions, but on my 0.18 screen, i see exactly the same problem as is clearly shown in those screenshots

> your log
I'll attach one of my mod lists in case a specific mod's options cause the width problem.
i usually play in a maximized window (screen 1920x1080x60), but it's the same problem when playing fullscreen, and also when testing this in a non-maximized window (but then for none/some/all tabs depending on the exact size of the window and the required "squashing").

> and save file.
but which save file ? it is a problem in the display of mod settings that i see from any map as well as from the main menu (if there are enough mods with enough options enabled to cause the mod option window to need a scrollbar)

mod-list.json
(26.44 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

just for info: this problem is only minor, but still is marked as "resolved", and yet it still exists in 0.18.26 ...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Anson wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:14 pm
just for info: this problem is only minor, but still is marked as "resolved", and yet it still exists in 0.18.26 ...
Does it though? Because I fixed an issue just like this recently in the mod settings GUI.

If you can still reproduce it, then I need a new save file to sync-mods with that reproduces it.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

just updated from 0.18.26 to 0.18.27 and all three tabs have a scrollbar now !!!

of course i can't tell yet whether it really is fixed now, or whether it is only a coincidence of having the right window and tab widths to not create the problem for my current combination of widths (when playing in differently sized Windows10-windows) ... i slightly changed the window size (maximized as well as several smaller windows), and at least none of that dozen combinations would cause that old problem.

ps: the scrollbars work perfectly (grabbing or clicking to move them) on the window with the mod settings.
but i just detected another minor scrollbar problem in some other gui window: my constant combinators had 36 slots before the update, and now still have 36 slots, but only 24 (4 rows of 6) of them are visible at once. for the other 12 slots i have to scroll the list of slots. problem (1) is that there is a scrollbar, but it is unresponsive and neither can be grabbed nor can i click under or above it to scroll by a whole page (scrolling the list with the mousewheel is possible; thus it's only a minor problem). problem (2) is that the small window for those combinator slots should be small enough to be adjusted a bit and all 6x6 slots (or even 6xN slots on larger modded constant combinators) should be visible at once, for a better view and to more easily select and change any of them without scrolling.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”