[posila] [0.17.50] Technology "laser turret speed" doesn't increase DPS

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Krastor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[posila] [0.17.50] Technology "laser turret speed" doesn't increase DPS

Post by Krastor »

Technology "laser turret speed" doesn't increase DPS. Damage is read at the beginning of each beam, which lasts 0.3 seconds or 20 ticks. With an increase in the rate of fire, the beam duration remains the same, which is why the DPS does not improve. In my mods I corrected this by reducing the beam duration from "duration = 20" to lower values. And it worked. But at the same time the beam turned into a short pulse. It also looks cool, but it’s probably not the way you planned it.

To demonstrate the problem, I made a test map:

All technologies are open, except for laser damage.

1. Turn on the first laser turret. Note with the timer how long it will take.
2. Un-research "laser turret speed" technology.
3. Turn on the second laser turret. Note with the timer how long it will take.
In theory, the time should differ by more than twice, but it is the same and I have about 55 seconds.The same problem with personal laser defense.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.50] Technology "laser turret speed" doesn't increase DPS

Post by Bilka »

See also, turret shooting speed has no effect on PLD: 71003
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] [0.17.50] Technology "laser turret speed" doesn't increase DPS

Post by posila »

Thanks for taking the time to write up the bug report.

It's fixed for 0.17.59

I am suprised more people didn't speak up about this, the bug nerfed laser turrets pretty hard. I took my time with this because idea of removing "laser shooting speed" tech was floating around, as the tech seems non-sensical to some people, and removing it after fixing the bug would make lot of people pretty unhappy.

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [posila] [0.17.50] Technology "laser turret speed" doesn't increase DPS

Post by someone1337 »

posila wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:46 pm
Thanks for taking the time to write up the bug report.

It's fixed for 0.17.59

I am suprised more people didn't speak up about this, the bug nerfed laser turrets pretty hard. I took my time with this because idea of removing "laser shooting speed" tech was floating around, as the tech seems non-sensical to some people, and removing it after fixing the bug would make lot of people pretty unhappy.
I am still waiting for stable 0.17 to start a new playthru and until then I only optimize my blueprints and dont have built/seen a biter or turret in months. :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”