[kovarex] [0.17.8] Quickbar link to blueprint in a book doesn't work

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
MagicKyrano
Inserter
Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.8] Quickbar link to blueprint in a book doesn't work

Post by MagicKyrano »

A shortcut to a blueprint will not work if the blueprint is placed in a blueprintbook, and that book is then stored in your inventory.

Explanation: In the picture included there are two blueprints, Light-0 and Light-1. Light-1 is placed in the inventory. Light-0 is placed in a blueprintbook, and that book is also in your inventory. The picture shows the inventory on the left, and the blueprintbook contents on the right. The Quickbar shortcut to Light-1 works, the shortcut to Light-0 does not work. If you now drag the Light-0 blueprint directly into the inventory, (out of the blueprintbook), then the Light-0 shortcut works again.

-
Factorio 0.17.8, Linux Mint 18.x

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.8] Shortcut to Blueprint not working

Post by tehfreek »

I agree that this would be extremely useful to have. Or failing that, the ability to have a quickbar slot refer to a specific page within a blueprint book rather than just the book (and also the ability to store deconstruction and upgrade planners in a blueprint book).

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

tehfreek wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:55 pm
(and also the ability to store deconstruction and upgrade planners in a blueprint book).
You make no sense... why would a deconstruction planner or upgrade planner be allowed in a blueprint book? It's not a "deconstruction planner, upgrade planner, and blueprint" book :P
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:54 pm
tehfreek wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:55 pm
(and also the ability to store deconstruction and upgrade planners in a blueprint book).
You make no sense... why would a deconstruction planner or upgrade planner be allowed in a blueprint book? It's not a "deconstruction planner, upgrade planner, and blueprint" book :P
Because there are circumstances when it makes sense to bind them together. For instance, I have several blueprints for Diggy that I use to set up laser turrets and to drill through the rock using filler items (e.g. wooden chests) to place walls within the piles of rock. I then use specific deconstruction planners to clear out the filler items and leftover rock and pick up any coins that have fallen on the floor, and then to pick up the laser turrets so that I can move them further in. Having them bound to a single book means that I don't have to reconstruct the deconstruction planners each time.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.8] Quickbar link to blueprint in a book doesn't work

Post by kovarex »

This will be changed to make it work once we do the changes to the blueprint (book/library) gui and logic.

Blueprint books/library will look more similar to the normal inventory (https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-282), and the hand should work there as well, not only when you pick it up manually, but also by the action bar.

Until then, the functionality would be almost useless, as pressing 1 and Q would move the thing into your inventory, instead of putting it back to the book.

Return to “Pending”