[Rseding] Modular Vehicle Quick-Transfer

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.

[Rseding] Modular Vehicle Quick-Transfer

Postby Ranakastrasz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Mods that add vehicles with equipment do not handle quick-transfer correctly. This is not a mod issue.
If you open up a vehicle, and switch to the equipment tab, quick-transfer transfers the equipment items into the main inventory instead of the equipment inventory.
The same occurs for quick-transferring fuel.


The expected behavior is that when you open the equipment tab, quick-transfer should place items into the equipment grid similar to opening normal modular armor, and fuel should be placed into valid generator equipment.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Pre-Fusion - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Mineable rock - Vanilla
Easy Refineries -V16
Rocket range - V15
Combat Revamp - Restin'
Shield Pulse - Working on
User avatar
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 am

Re: [Rseding] Modular Vehicle Quick-Transfer

Postby Rseding91 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:46 pm

Thanks for the report. I've fixed it so fast-transferring into the equipment grid always goes to the equipment grid and not the main inventory for the next version of 0.16.

The fuel logic i'm not sold on so I left it as it is now.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on IRC and Discord.
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
 
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 am

Re: [Rseding] Modular Vehicle Quick-Transfer

Postby Ranakastrasz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Uh, the fuel logic is kinda important. You can fast transfer into personal armor ehich lets you fill a large number of generators, but for a vehicle you have to fill them one at a time. Default to fillinf the vehicles fuel, then whichever inventory us open.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Pre-Fusion - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Mineable rock - Vanilla
Easy Refineries -V16
Rocket range - V15
Combat Revamp - Restin'
Shield Pulse - Working on
User avatar
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 am

Re: [Rseding] Modular Vehicle Quick-Transfer

Postby Rseding91 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Ranakastrasz wrote:Uh, the fuel logic is kinda important. You can fast transfer into personal armor ehich lets you fill a large number of generators, but for a vehicle you have to fill them one at a time. Default to fillinf the vehicles fuel, then whichever inventory us open.


I don't understand what you're saying. What does "Default to fillinf the vehicles fuel, then whichever inventory us open." mean?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on IRC and Discord.
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
 
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 am

Re: [Rseding] Modular Vehicle Quick-Transfer

Postby IronCartographer » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:46 pm

Rseding91 wrote:I don't understand what you're saying. What does "Default to fillinf the vehicles fuel, then whichever inventory us open." mean?


I think OP wants to transfer fuel into burner equipment grid items without opening them directly, i.e. filling any that can be filled while looking at the grid instead of the generator's inventory.
IronCartographer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: [Rseding] Modular Vehicle Quick-Transfer

Postby Ranakastrasz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:27 pm

IronCartographer wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:I don't understand what you're saying. What does "Default to fillinf the vehicles fuel, then whichever inventory us open." mean?


I think OP wants to transfer fuel into burner equipment grid items without opening them directly, i.e. filling any that can be filled while looking at the grid instead of the generator's inventory.

Exactly. Currently you can shift-click fuel to quicktransfer into your own armor, and it fills up burner generator type equipment.
However, this is not true of vehicle equipment.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Pre-Fusion - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Mineable rock - Vanilla
Easy Refineries -V16
Rocket range - V15
Combat Revamp - Restin'
Shield Pulse - Working on
User avatar
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 am

Re: [Rseding] Modular Vehicle Quick-Transfer

Postby Rseding91 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Ranakastrasz wrote:
IronCartographer wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:I don't understand what you're saying. What does "Default to fillinf the vehicles fuel, then whichever inventory us open." mean?


I think OP wants to transfer fuel into burner equipment grid items without opening them directly, i.e. filling any that can be filled while looking at the grid instead of the generator's inventory.

Exactly. Currently you can shift-click fuel to quicktransfer into your own armor, and it fills up burner generator type equipment.
However, this is not true of vehicle equipment.


Well, it is now.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on IRC and Discord.
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
 
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 am

Re: [Rseding] Modular Vehicle Quick-Transfer

Postby Ranakastrasz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:39 pm

So both changes are coming? Both quick transfer equipment to vehicle grids AND quick transfer of fuel?
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Pre-Fusion - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Mineable rock - Vanilla
Easy Refineries -V16
Rocket range - V15
Combat Revamp - Restin'
Shield Pulse - Working on
User avatar
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 am


Return to Resolved Problems and Bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests