My first post, though long time player.
I don't frequent the forums, so I have read the rules, and hope this post is okay.
I have tried fixing this myself, and I have figured out a workaround, but I would like to see if there is another way, or maybe it is an oversight (not a bug).
This is the situation:
- I have a train (fluid in my example, but it doesn't matter for the issue)
- There are 2 stations, a loading station, and an unloading station.
- The unloading station (pictured below) sets a train limit to `1` when there is enough room in storage tanks to receive a full load
- Here is the combinator settings for the unloading station:
- The loading station (pictured below) has default settings. As you can see from the last image, the inserter won't insert fuel in to the train.
It does manage to complete a few swings while the actual loading is being performed, but only enough to add a few wood (this wouldn't be an issue with solid fuel)
I would expect the fuel to be inserter while the train waits for it's destination to become available.
After doing a little research, I think this is expected behaviour because I read this: (https://wiki.factorio.com/Railway#Trains)
The train is in automatic mode, and it is not technically stopped/parked at the station, but 'standing'.Fuel can be added by inserters when the train is in manual mode or parked at a station, not when waiting at a signal or standing on automatic mode.
I'd like to point out, that this isn't difficult to work around. A fuelling station/depot could be added, a delay could be added to give more time for fuel to be loaded, etc.
I'd like to know what you all think- In your opinion, should the behaviour of the inserter be changed such that it loads while standing AND it hasn't left the station? Maybe a variation to this?
I don't know if it worth submitting a bug report for or not, and as I said, I'd be happy to work around it anyway.