What am I doing wrong?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SleepyCarrot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

What am I doing wrong?

Post by SleepyCarrot »

Nothing is coming out, am I doing something wrong?
Attachments
Screenshot (16).png
Screenshot (16).png (3.15 MiB) Viewed 1874 times

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by Silari »

Pumps require some very precise positioning of a fluid wagon to connect. This generally means you need two things for them to connect:

a) The train has to be in automatic and parked itself at a station. Manual driving is very difficult to align right, and trains in automatic but not at a station don't allow for transfer, to avoid accidentally pulling things out of a train stopped at a signal.
b) No part of the train can be on a curved track. It throws the alignment off, from what I've heard even if only the end of the train is on a curved rail.

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

Summon a locomotive with at least one fluid wagon to the station. Change the train's setting to manual if you want it to stay there forever, but be sure you don't move the train at all. Place the pump in position when the train is at the station and it will tell you right there if you're in the right spot by giving you the yellow indicator. Build pipes and storage to fit the placed pump. Turn the train back to auto. The pump should extend a filling or draining boom over the train if its working right. Pumps also require power and something to pump.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/creative-mod

Download this mod, or open a map to create a "blueprint" using the game's own creative feature. Build a short automated train line. The train should stop automatically at the stop, this is the important part. manually driven, the distance you can go on the rail is more, fine tuning is required. When the train stops at the stop, place the necessary installers/loaders with the icon green. Delete the stop and save it as a blueprint, keeping in mind which direction the train stop is in. (The reason for deleting the stop is that it is necessary for you to rotate it) (You can easily determine the place where the stop is by keeping the tail part of the train tracks a little longer.) You don't need to make fake stops in the games anymore, just place them on the blueprint. Just put the missing stop in the required direction! This much :)
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

The cargo waggon is open. Isn't that an indicator for that the train is in a station and alligned correctly?

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Impatient wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:32 pm
The cargo waggon is open. Isn't that an indicator for that the train is in a station and alligned correctly?
Not necessarily. The train might still not be aligned correctly due to a curve.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Return to “Gameplay Help”