Weird Alien Pathfinding Question

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
lazerwolfegod
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Weird Alien Pathfinding Question

Post by lazerwolfegod »

So I started a new game a few weeks ago and have 40 hours of play time, i have run into an issue where a particular part of my base is being almost constantly attacked by aliens. I spend a while searching the entire polluted area in that direction, there is not a single base. however to the left of this area is a massive thin and long lake, this lake is probably multiple thousand blocks tall. I have found the top, but not the bottom. I worked out that my pollution was spreading over the lake to a point where it would trigger an attack and quite a few very large alien bases.

My theory is the start an attack and then path find all around the top of the lake to attack. I would be very interested to know if this is correct and also how far there pathfinding can take them if I'm right.

Here is a picture of my map taken from a map editor copy of the world:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (592.96 KiB) Viewed 1123 times

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Weird Alien Pathfinding Question

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

They are almost certainly pathing around the lake; to my knowledge there is no path limit. If there is a limit, it is much larger than the distance around that lake.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Weird Alien Pathfinding Question

Post by Koub »

This might help to understand : https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-317
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Gameplay Help”