Logistic Bots

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ziggy187
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Logistic Bots

Post by ziggy187 »

I'm a nub, ran into problem with logistics bots not giving me items but they take them. What gives?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Logistic Bots

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Gameplay Help.
From what you describe, you did something wrong.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Sounds like you might've set your logistic requests wrong, so your current items are being moved to the trash slots, which logistic robots will always try to keep empty. When setting a request, the left number is how many to try and keep on your person, the right number is the maximum number to keep in your inventory - any over that will be moved to trash slots for the robots to take away.

ziggy187
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ziggy187 »

When I hit "E" to open my inventory, I see 3 panels, the left is my inventory, the center has logistic request above with trash slots below and the right panel is for hand crafting. I'm using the center top logistics and for example set yellow inserters to max of 200. I currently have 15 in my inventory. I'm standing next to my inserter hub with 200 yellow inserters stored in a red logistics chess. There are over 500 logistic bots in my network all connected via the orange robo port overlay. Why won't bots deliver goods to me?

ziggy187
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ziggy187 »

Aha, I figured it out. I had inserters set from 0-200 instead of a flat 200 on both slider bar sides. My bad!

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Like I said, the number on the LEFT is how many you want to keep on you - if you have less, bots will deliver more if available. The number on the right is the 'if I have more than this, put them in my trash slots so robots will take them away'. Generally if you just want bots to bring you stuff, left side should be the number you want, and right side left as the default 'inf'.

Wish the wiki or the in-game tips showed how to set it up, but there really isn't anything.

Return to “Gameplay Help”