Prevent bots from building ghost elements

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Tagarnak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Prevent bots from building ghost elements

Post by Tagarnak »

Hi, I wanted to ask if there's any way or mods (haven't found any myself) that will help with the whole Bots-Ghost situation. I want to plan my factory with ghosts but every time I place some, bots will rush to construct it.
Is there a way to toggle the bots from constructing ghosts, or assign what gets build by them somehow without it been automatic?

Thanks.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Prevent bots from building ghost elements

Post by DaveMcW »

There is a button to turn off your personal roboport.

To turn off other roboports, you have to deconstruct them. Or do your planning outside the construction zone.

Tagarnak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tagarnak »

Thanks, is there a mod that will do what I want tho?

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

Uh … don’t build it in range of your roboports? And then copy/paste it to where you want it within your roboport network?

Its that, or make sure that the bots (base, and your own) do NOT have access to the items necessary to build the things. They WILL try to complete orders, and to them, ghosts are construction orders needing to be filled.

Tagarnak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tagarnak »

Yeah, I know, it's just that I have the roboports set in place, with the bots already there, and it's a pain having to delete it so I can use ghosts to plan my buildings, then having to set the roboport again, fill it with bots, etc.
I couldn't find any mods that do this, and looks like such a important must-have :P The only one I found is not compatible anymore unfortunately :( https://mods.factorio.com/mod/dont-touch-my-ghost
Anyways, thanks for the help tho.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Tagarnak wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:35 pm
I couldn't find any mods that do this, and looks like such a important must-have :P
It's not possible to do cleanly with the current modding API. The mod you linked just shifts the ghost to another force. It even says in the descriptoin that it breaks deconstruction planners and other stuff. Nobody wants to make mods when they already know they're never gonna work properly.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Tagarnak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tagarnak »

I see, well thanks for the clarification :D I'll start getting rid of some Roboports then :P

Thanks guys!

rhynex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rhynex »

not entirely what you ask for but there is a way to achieve that. I assume you already turned off your personal roboport.
install mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LogiNetChannels
assign your roboports to another channel (it supports 0 to 8 I believe). update your roboports to anything but 0 so the roboports will not be able to access your passive/storage/active chests in this manner. I believe you shall also not see the regular entity waiting notifications but I have not tested it. when you decide to build the ghosts, then simply reset the channels to 0 (or same value with your logistic chests) so robots shall build, only when you want.

latest version of the mod has a deconstruction planner like channel updater (you select an area and it sets the channel on the roboports, but also logistic chests so careful use needed).

some details: roboports have some channels assigned to them, and also player itself. by default everything is 0 but up to 50 total if I remember correctly. I believe this is multiplayer scenario but in single player you have those channels available. when you are in channel 0 you see everything that is linked logistically. but when you change roboport channel to something else than 1, then they are separated from default channel, acting like a completely different player-like entity. they require their own chests and bots as well.

give it a try. that mod is awesome if you need to separate logistic channels in small areas. I think what you ask can be achieved with this behavior change and it can be reverted in game without mod disabling.

Tagarnak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tagarnak »

Sweet, this sort of does what I wanted, I have to change all of the roboports channels so they won't pick up shared items. I wish I could just group them so I can select all of them at once and toggle the channel easily.

Thanks!

Return to “Gameplay Help”