Circuit Lamps are different? I came back 2 days ago from 1.0.0

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
deltapikatu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Circuit Lamps are different? I came back 2 days ago from 1.0.0

Post by deltapikatu »

I remember that some months ago I could simple connect lots of lamps in a Circuit Connection with differents color and all work fine, now, if i try to do the same, i got that problem that all my colors turn in the same color, even if the signal was green its just doesnt work, they may have do something with the lamps in the updates 1.0.0 - 1.1.30 .

Where i can report that issue? Sugestions? i remember that is not easyer then before, it was always needed to build lots of wires to work well, with more pole etc? There is no way to "cut those wires?" Maybe removing that prior in the collors? Here a video of what im talking about https://youtu.be/irUCTsI-8aI Bassicaly, before that, i could put those signals and everything would be fine (Video Quality Fixed and another one with less wire to understand the problem) https://youtu.be/FUel6SWeMec
Last edited by deltapikatu on Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: I came back and now Lamps have an "update problem"

Post by Loewchen »

0.13.0 was literally the first version that even had the option to set colors via circuits. Setting colors for lamps is quite straight forward: You send the lamp the color. If you need help, describe exactly what you are doing, what is happening and what you want to happen instead.

deltapikatu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by deltapikatu »

Loewchen wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 am
0.13.0 was literally the first version that even had the option to set colors via circuits. Setting colors for lamps is quite straight forward: You send the lamp the color. If you need help, describe exactly what you are doing, what is happening and what you want to happen instead.
I mean wrong about this update, but this map is old, from 1.0.0 version, and by that time, this configs would just work fine, with all those lamps in differents colors, i came back to play 2 days ago and I noticed that change

Only if i add more poles i could stay with that, but them, more wire, more space, probably was some update between 1.0.0 and 1.1.30

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

There was not a single change that would effect color signals since 1.0.0 as far as I know. I still have no idea what behavior you consider the problem, the video neither shows the input signals nor any issue that I can see, but the conditions of your lamps are completely pointless as far as I can tell.
Are you under the impression that setting the activation condition to a color signal somehow would influence the lamps color?

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

deltapikatu wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:16 am
I remember that some months ago I could simple connect lots of lamps in a Circuit Connection with differents color and all work fine, now, if i try to do the same, i got that problem that all my colors turn in the same color
https://youtu.be/fgIqluzfxac
The video shows the lamps as "Glowing lamp". For me, it just says "Lamp". A mod that is no longer working as it did?

The normal behaviour with lamps set to "Use colors" is to use the first positive colour signal in the order listed in the Lamp wiki page. This looks like what you are seeing now, but it is what I have always seen.
deltapikatu wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:44 am
Only if i add more poles i could stay with that, but them, more wire, more space, probably was some update between 1.0.0 and 1.1.30
It looks like you could move the combinators next to the lamps, and connect the output of each combinator to a single lamp. If you like, all of the lamps could be set enabled if "anything > 0", so the colour is only set in the combinator.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

If you have multiple color signals on a wire, red always wins. You can tell which colors have priority by their order on the selection screen.

So if you don't want red lamps, you can't output it when you want another color. The easiest way to do that is to change the condition to "Rocket < 2000, output Red 1".

If you are using modded colors, it is possible the mod changed its color priority since the last time you played.

deltapikatu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by deltapikatu »

Loewchen wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:11 am
There was not a single change that would effect color signals since 1.0.0 as far as I know. I still have no idea what behavior you consider the problem, the video neither shows the input signals nor any issue that I can see, but the conditions of your lamps are completely pointless as far as I can tell.
Are you under the impression that setting the activation condition to a color signal somehow would influence the lamps color?

I wanted to do a short video, but i can show you more about that in a screenshot or a 1 minute video... i'll post screenshots first, but let me know if you still want a video, i'll try a 720p at least, with another program

But Basically

https://imgur.com/QdXgn1
https://imgur.com/lAY0FRu
https://imgur.com/fMGNR0b
https://imgur.com/4mPt6HI
https://imgur.com/nrGQCVv
https://imgur.com/III50Qb
https://imgur.com/sGgZqIO

I made this in Factorio 1.0.0, I remember that was the way I used to do, to put in different colors, all in the same network... I think that it was some update but I really dont know, to boring read all the new stuffs. I came back like 2 days, i just want to play the game by now...

i had build a lot similars like these in other maps, all worked fine at the time, this one i didnt not make by now, was already made last time i played on 1.0.0 build... And hey, Thank you for the support so far, less then an hour i got an answer lol :D

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You must be misremembering, all lamps see the same signals, the condition for any lamp is true and the highest color priority is red so all lamps are red, this has never been any different.

deltapikatu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Circuit Lamps are different? I came back 2 days ago from 1.0.0

Post by deltapikatu »

DaveMcW wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:25 am
If you have multiple color signals on a wire, red always wins. You can tell which colors have priority by their order on the selection screen.
That was always like that? i really dont recall but then why i let this build with that config?
So if you don't want red lamps, you can't output it when you want another color. The easiest way to do that is to change the condition to "Rocket < 2000, output Red 1".
Thank you i take note
If you are using modded colors, it is possible the mod changed its color priority since the last time you played.
I got more then 70 mods installed so there is a big chance if been that, i'll check then edit here if is some mod... Thank you for the answers

deltapikatu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by deltapikatu »

SoShootMe wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:29 am
The video shows the lamps as "Glowing lamp". For me, it just says "Lamp". A mod that is no longer working as it did?
I tested with the Glowing Lamp and the normal Lamp, both is the same result

The normal behaviour with lamps set to "Use colors" is to use the first positive colour signal in the order listed in the Lamp wiki page. This looks like what you are seeing now, but it is what I have always seen.
Hmm I can see that... but i dont know, these setup in the screenshot that i take it seen to work in the pass, is a very single one but saves lots of wire

It looks like you could move the combinators next to the lamps, and connect the output of each combinator to a single lamp. If you like, all of the lamps could be set enabled if "anything > 0", so the colour is only set in the combinator.
[/quote]

I may try that, i wanted this one because i can do in a longe range, my intentions with that is make like a center of commands with all combinators in the same place, somehow if there is not, could be created a way to send all those signals in the same network and then the lamps catch those independently, without one signal interfere the other? I may send this question to the Moderator

deltapikatu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by deltapikatu »

Loewchen wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:08 pm
You must be misremembering, all lamps see the same signals, the condition for any lamp is true and the highest color priority is red so all lamps are red, this has never been any different.
My problem maybe be something about the mods, i'll check that, But my intentions is to build a longe range Circuit, make a "center of commands" with all combinators in the same place, somehow if there is not, could be created a way to send all those signals in the same network and then the lamps catch those independently, without one signal interfere the other? or without prioritizing another collor?

deltapikatu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Circuit Lamps are different? I came back 2 days ago from 1.0.0

Post by deltapikatu »

Yeah, thats weird, i think in the past i could send a lot of differents outputs in the same Circuit Network without this problem, i manage to work as before but without the redwire touching the other (no cross outputs)

But nah, i see that the only problem is that if i want to get my combinators far from the lights with differents outputs, i need to separate the network to get lights working right... well, more wires but thats not a problem.
Thank you Moderator and guys for all the answers by now and Sorry if i was not understandable, english is not my first language, neither the second xD

And a second video but without so many wires https://youtu.be/FUel6SWeMec

Return to “Gameplay Help”