organizing bots.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
samy01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

organizing bots.

Post by samy01 »

So now in my base i've bots and i want to start expanding as there is a nice patch of Uranium that i need to creep to using walls and turrets which isn't a major problem except that when i'm using personal bots and normal bots if they remove a wall and some turrets some of it get's dumped in Storage chests "yellow ones" and when i tell the bots build they just ignore these chests.

So how do you expand your base and keep things organized at the same time while also using personal and normal bots.
For example if you want to remove an entire line of defense and lay it further away.

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: organizing bots.

Post by Bauer »

Your personal bots cannot take stuff form storage boxes.
You have 2 options:
-- make sure the stuff is in your inventory and build close to your character with your personal bots
-- make sure that the storage boxes are in a logistics network that covers the region where you want to build

samy01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by samy01 »

Bauer wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:45 pm
Your personal bots cannot take stuff form storage boxes.
You have 2 options:
-- make sure the stuff is in your inventory and build close to your character with your personal bots
-- make sure that the storage boxes are in a logistics network that covers the region where you want to build
But when say i tear down a wall bots from every where takes the wall for example and store it every where in storage boxes.
And i think that normal bots "non personal" doesn't take anything from storage boxes.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

it can get messy if you are at the construction site.
Some of your personal bots get a task, but you dont have the materials with you.

But because the task is taken a network construction bot cant take this task.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

samy01 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:15 pm
But when say i tear down a wall bots from every where takes the wall for example and store it every where in storage boxes.
And i think that normal bots "non personal" doesn't take anything from storage boxes.
Construction robots from a roboport will "deliver" items only to storage chests, but they try to avoid putting items resulting from deconstruction "everywhere" (that is, they try to keep them together within a given logistic network). They do "collect" items from storage chests (in fact, from any logistic chest except a requester chest). See Priorities of robots in the Wiki.

"Personal" robots only deliver to/collect from your inventory, never to/from chests.

Return to “Gameplay Help”