Train Signals around Factory Reversing After Save Reloads

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
onepaw10
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Train Signals around Factory Reversing After Save Reloads

Post by onepaw10 »

I've been having this issue where the signals on my train network get reversed occasionally after reloading the save. The light blue color will be on the inside of the junction, and the pink/red will be on the outside of the junction. It's not every reload of the save, and only sometimes. Reloading the save can sometimes fix it, or sometime I have to go back to an old save that isn't reversed to fix it. Started noticing it after one of the last patches after 1.1 was released, not sure exactly when since I was taking a bit of a break. I'm not sure if this is a bug or the result of a poorly designed train system since I am fairly new to the game. Experiencing this last week prompted me to redesign my entire train system since it was really bad and it was just a symptom of its poor design. Since changing to the rail network I have still had it happen multiple times even though it was a lot cleaner and simpler. Not sure where to go from here since it is very annoying and I can't be babysitting saves making sure they don't screw up, or having to replace every signal, which would take a very long time.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Train Signals around Factory Reversing After Save Reloads

Post by Loewchen »

The color of a chain signal shows occupied blocks and has nothing to do with its direction. Check out the wiki or ingame train tutorial.

Return to “Gameplay Help”