logistic filter for item?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
kuchenmann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

logistic filter for item?

Post by kuchenmann »

Hi,
is there a simple way to filter the amount of specific items in the logistic network?
For example if you just want to unload items from train if there are not enough of these items in logistic network?
Thanks.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: logistic filter for item?

Post by Serenity »

Click the center button on the top and you can connect an inserter to the local logistics network
Inserter.jpg
Inserter.jpg (35.11 KiB) Viewed 956 times

kuchenmann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: logistic filter for item?

Post by kuchenmann »

Thank you. Yes, this will work.
But what, if I just want to see specific items which are in my logistic network?
When moving mouse over a chest, I see all the stuff and it can be hard finding just the items you want to see.
My solution: First multiply all items in logistic network by "-1" with arithmetic combinator, then add all items you want to see with a high value like "10000" using constant combinator.
Then use decider combinator which is set to "> 0" to get out all items greater zero. After that decrease by "10000" with another arithmetic combiner. Then using another arithmetic combiner to multiply by -1 so that values are positiv again.
I also set another decider combinator which is set "> 0" at the beginnging of calculation-logic, because some items might be below zero when requester chests are requisting more than available.
factorio_combiners.jpg
factorio_combiners.jpg (91.21 KiB) Viewed 897 times
First I see all the stuff:
all_in.jpg
all_in.jpg (48.74 KiB) Viewed 897 times
Then just what I want to see:
filter_out.jpg
filter_out.jpg (8.2 KiB) Viewed 897 times

Return to “Gameplay Help”