research queue not enabled after beating game

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
DarkLordKelvin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

research queue not enabled after beating game

Post by DarkLordKelvin »

I just finished my first run through, and had a gleeful time making all sorts of silly mistakes before finally managing to launch my rocket and get the "Smoke me a kipper" achievement. I have since started another run where I will do everything PERFECTLY (yeah, right!), and I just went to queue up some research, since I remembered that should be unlocked for me now, but I don't have the research queue. I have not messed at all with the initial game settings .. plain vanilla all the way until I am good enough for the mods to make a difference ... and after googling and watching a couple tutorials, I have confirmed that I didn't somehow accidentally set the research queue to "never" in advanced settings.

Has anyone experienced this? Did I need to stay in my first game a little longer to unlock a different achievement? I think there were one or two of the non-infinite researches that I never got around to unlocking. Could that be it? Everyone says "beating the game" unlocks the research queue, which I took to mean launching the rocket, but maybe it's assumed no one would do that without completing all the non-infinite researches? I never really liked using the combat robots, so I know for sure there were techs related to those that I didn't unlock.

Anyway, this is only a minor issue, and I can always put on the non-achievement killing mod to enable the queue post-start, but I was more curious why it didn't unlock like people said it should. One of the things I love about this game is the passionate attention to detail paid by the development team!!

Thanks in advance for any insight/answers!

DarkLordKelvin
- still noob-ish but trying hard not to be ...

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: research queue not enabled after beating game

Post by Trific »

The unlocking of the research queue is per game (you can change when it becomes available in the initial settings - always, never, upon win), it's not something that is unlocked in every game (unlike blueprints).

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: research queue not enabled after beating game

Post by Loewchen »

You can activate it with /c game.forces.player.research_queue_enabled = true, but it will deactivate achievements.

Return to “Gameplay Help”