[1.1.8] Train suddenly instantly stop from full speed and unable to path for a moment.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Sh0keR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.8] Train suddenly instantly stop from full speed and unable to path for a moment.

Post by Sh0keR »

I want to make it clear that I do not have any logic that disables trains station but I do use the train limit that changes dynamically.

There are 2 bugs I want to report here, very possible they are related to each other.
Some of my trains would sometimes stop instantly and fail to path. sometimes it will just stop and sometimes the "no path" floating text will appear.
You can see it happening in the videos (in the second video, at the start, look at the 1-1 train on the left)
factoriotrainbug.mp4
(4.96 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
trainbug.mp4
(4.34 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
I have a feeling this is happening because of the blinking chain signal (can be seen in the video)
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (64.76 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
It appears to only happen with these blinking signals are nearby. (I have them because of issue in my BP but I'm too lazy to now remove them all, since they shouldn't affect anything)

Another issue that is may be related to this is it caused my train to be stuck in the middle of the tracks because the train station was full.
unknown.png
unknown.png (831.07 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
It had the same bug where it suddenly stops but then it couldn't path to the station again because it was full. causing it to stop mid-way.

Mods: (Note I've disabled FuelTrainStop mod because I assumed it may be a bug in the mod and all of the clips you see is with the mod disabled)
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (84.66 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
If a save file is needed or additional information, please let me know.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(11.59 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.8] Train suddenly instantly stop from full speed and unable to path for a moment.

Post by DanGio »

I don't know about the first part, does fixing the signal solve the problem ?

The second part has been reported already, here's boskid's answer :
boskid wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:09 am
I see nothing wrong. You disabled train stop while the train was on route and it has nowhere to go to so it stopped. It works as designed.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.8] Train suddenly instantly stop from full speed and unable to path for a moment.

Post by disentius »

I see multiple issues with your signalling. (notice in the first video the train gets unstuck when the train in the station directly above leaves, for example)
I think in both video's the destination stations are becoming unreachable due to signalling issues.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Nothing you show looks like a bug. Moved to gameplay help.

Sh0keR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sh0keR »

Not sure how this is not considered a bug. I clearly wrote there is no train stop disabling involved and the blinking chain signal shouldn't affect the trains since it is considered invalid.

Sh0keR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sh0keR »

disentius wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:42 am
I see multiple issues with your signalling. (notice in the first video the train gets unstuck when the train in the station directly above leaves, for example)
I think in both video's the destination stations are becoming unreachable due to signalling issues.
I don't think blinking signal should really impact train pathing or behaivor since they are considered invalid.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Sh0keR wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:16 pm
Not sure how this is not considered a bug. I clearly wrote there is no train stop disabling involved and the blinking chain signal shouldn't affect the trains since it is considered invalid.
If you have a blinking signal attached to a rail, it's a good sign that either your rails or your signals or both are screwed up somehow and there are going to be pathing issues.

Sh0keR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sh0keR »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:19 pm
Sh0keR wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:16 pm
If you have a blinking signal attached to a rail, it's a good sign that either your rails or your signals or both are screwed up somehow and there are going to be pathing issues.
The signaling is okay. The only issue is this specific signal that was placed with BP. Removing it or leaving it shouldn't change anything

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Sh0keR wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:27 pm
The signaling is okay.
If it was OK then you wouldn't have a blinking signal there. That's literally what blinking signals are for: to warn you about pathing/signalling issues. No-one said the blinking signal is affecting anything: people are telling you that it indicates a problem somewhere else. Check again.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

We can't diagnose all possible causes from 30 seconds of video. If you want people to help, then post the save.

Return to “Gameplay Help”