Closing Character Window [1.1.8]

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
UristMcFarmer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Closing Character Window [1.1.8]

Post by UristMcFarmer »

I decided to try out the 1.1.8 beta. It seems I can no longer close the character screen by pressing the key mapped to opening it. Am I missing something?

[later...] it seems I am used to using the same key to close all open windows. I'm seriously bummed out because I have everything mapped on my num pad. Reaching over to press ESC (or trying to clicking that tiny X) is not cool. ESC isn't remappable, I'm really not looking forward to having to break out AutoHotKey for Factorio.

Thanks.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Closing Character Window [1.1.8]

Post by Loewchen »

The character screen key can be freely set, ESC closes any GUI and has nothing to do with that keybinding.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

In 1.1, there is a new separate keybinding called "Confirm window", so you need to rebind that too. Intented design is that open character gui and corfirm are bound to the same key.

UristMcFarmer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by UristMcFarmer »

posila wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:25 pm
In 1.1, there is a new separate keybinding called "Confirm window", so you need to rebind that too. Intented design is that open character gui and corfirm are bound to the same key.
Thanks! You're the BEST!!

Return to “Gameplay Help”